PDA

View Full Version : New Member.

Falcoholic1927
09.09.2010, 12:09 PM
Afternoon guys,

Apologies for the stereotypical "New Member" thread, but it has to be done i'm afraid.

Been a Falcons fan for a good number of years now, can't say I remember too much about John Elway dominating us in the Superbowl (I was only 8), nor can I claim to have seen the majority of "Dirty Bird" Jamal's superiority etc etc....

However !!! Being a huge fan through the Vick years and now into Matt Ryan's reign, I suppose i've seen some of the better years of Falcon Football. It seems to me that with the current roster, coaching staff, and growing fan base, it could be a great season. I'm not dillusional, I don't really see us blowing out the likes of the Packers and the Cowboys in the NFC, but there is no reason why we can't amount more of a challenge in the post season this year.

What do you all think about our season?

(P.S. Any other UNC fans out there?) :o

BritSteel
13.09.2010, 07:36 PM
Hi Falcoholic same here i'm new to the forum and in fact new to nfl as a whole through a group of lads at work. Chose Falcons because I live near Birmingham in the UK so it seemed the right thing to do seeing as Atlanta also is near Birmingham in the US...when I say near it IS 100-odd miles away :)

Likin the look of the squad dispite last nights defeat in overtime but hey thats how it goes it was a great run and touchdown. Shame we still don't have Vick tho he played a blinder last night!
CRANK THAT GEORGIA DOOOOME!

towen5
17.09.2010, 11:11 AM
Hi Falcoholic same here i'm new to the forum and in fact new to nfl as a whole through a group of lads at work. Chose Falcons because I live near Birmingham in the UK so it seemed the right thing to do seeing as Atlanta also is near Birmingham in the US...when I say near it IS 100-odd miles away :)

Likin the look of the squad dispite last nights defeat in overtime but hey thats how it goes it was a great run and touchdown. Shame we still don't have Vick tho he played a blinder last night!
CRANK THAT GEORGIA DOOOOME!

if you think its a shame about Vick, no matter how well he plays, then you havent done enough research. Vick ruined us.

mike_vick7
18.09.2010, 04:41 PM
if you think its a shame about Vick, no matter how well he plays, then you havent done enough research. Vick ruined us.

ROFLMAO! No he didnt! We had one bad season after he left. I wouldnt say that qualifies as ruined. In fact Vick made us the last decade.

whitey74
18.09.2010, 09:56 PM
Whether he is good or not on the field I'm not sure anyone who forces innocent animals to fight each other to the death for the entertainment of humans is worthy of any praise whatsoever

towen5
18.09.2010, 11:23 PM
ROFLMAO! No he didnt! We had one bad season after he left. I wouldnt say that qualifies as ruined. In fact Vick made us the last decade.

Says it all about you pal, you said enough right there. I defended Vick from his actions, but its still a fact he ruined us from the point of being drafted. The fact he still owes us, as a franchise, MILLIONS OF DOLLARS shows you know next to nothing.

towen5
18.09.2010, 11:29 PM
http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2010/8/11/1612136/the-scale-of-falconliness

Make up your own mind guys, but from someone who lived through it, he killed us from the day he started.

I though it was poetic irony the guy who started the thread was called Falcoholic and this post is from the website of the same name about the level of true "Falconess" of a people who have played for us over the years and Michael Vick is 3rd from bottom.

...Or you can take the word of a guy who has fixed his username over a guy who crippled the franchise with his behaviour, contract and refusal to pay back millions of dollars in bonuses he owes, who is totally biased and probably doesnt watch the sport only Michael Vick highlights.

mike_vick7
19.09.2010, 11:26 AM
Says it all about you pal, you said enough right there. I defended Vick from his actions, but its still a fact he ruined us from the point of being drafted. The fact he still owes us, as a franchise, MILLIONS OF DOLLARS shows you know next to nothing.

He WAS the franchise for 6 years. And to comment on your latter post, of course i watch the sport, every single Falcons game. Im so sick of falcons fans that completly disregard what he did for not only our team, but for Atlanta. Go ahead and try to erase him from our history if you wish, but the fact of the matter is he made the Falcons while he was here.

Packman12
19.09.2010, 11:36 AM
Whether he is good or not on the field I'm not sure anyone who forces innocent animals to fight each other to the death for the entertainment of humans is worthy of any praise whatsoever

Best Post ever.

And Falcons fans, Vick was amazing on Madden, still is in fact, but in real life was over rated.

BritSteel
19.09.2010, 11:52 AM
Jesus H Christ guys calm down lol!

Vincent
19.09.2010, 11:56 AM
Jesus H Christ guys calm down lol!
BLASPHEMER!!! :p

Packman12
19.09.2010, 12:05 PM
BLASPHEMER!!! :p

LOL! He didnt say Tebows name in vain

Vincent
19.09.2010, 12:08 PM
LOL! He didnt say Tebows name in vain
All I said was, that bit of halibut was good enough for Tim Tebow :D

Wonder how Vick and Tim would get along if they were on the same team?

Packman12
19.09.2010, 12:23 PM
All I said was, that bit of halibut was good enough for Tim Tebow :D

Wonder how Vick and Tim would get along if they were on the same team?

Tebow would sacrifice himself to try and atone for the sins of Vick, thats what a good team mate and saviour would do! LOL!