PDA

View Full Version : Burgundy and Gold...here to stay?

Riggo
13.09.2010, 11:47 PM
Redskins went from Red and white back to burgundy and gold for the opener.

Everyone over 40 loves it, I'm not sure if it is playing well with the younger crowd.

It still seems undecided if it is herer to stay.

jklcan1
14.09.2010, 07:38 AM
Have to say i liked the gold pants myself,perhaps they will use them for special occasions like Notre Dame do with their green jerseys.

washingtonredskins1
14.09.2010, 10:38 AM

Everyone over 40 loves it, I'm not sure if it is playing well with the younger crowd.

its not to bad, id rather have the white

JD for breakfast
14.09.2010, 02:58 PM
I prefer the B+G

G_Redskin
15.09.2010, 09:47 AM
B & G always looks good ;)

Maybe the Gold pants come out on special occasions?

Harwich Hog
15.09.2010, 02:51 PM
Loved the B&G! Schweet!

Would probably be a bit pee'ed off if that reverted back.

The_Hangman
15.09.2010, 05:34 PM
They have to keep the Gold pants. Have to.

citizenstu
15.09.2010, 07:33 PM
They have to keep the Gold pants. Have to.

Concur. The Burgundy and Gold looked brilliant.

HX REDSKINS
17.09.2010, 10:03 AM
burgundy and gold are the skins colors,not burgundy and white.
got to keep it imo.:D

Morpheus_00
02.10.2010, 01:53 PM
burgundy and gold are the skins colors,not burgundy and white.
got to keep it imo.:D

...not so: whilst burgundy and gold are the 'motto' colours, the skins 1st strip has long been white shirt/burgundy bottoms. You'd have to go back to Jurgensen for the burgundy/gold look - which'd mean you'd have to be more like sixty than 40 ;)

Riggo
03.10.2010, 04:46 PM
...not so: whilst burgundy and gold are the 'motto' colours, the skins 1st strip has long been white shirt/burgundy bottoms. You'd have to go back to Jurgensen for the burgundy/gold look - which'd mean you'd have to be more like sixty than 40 ;)

It changed with the arrival of Gibbs

The_Hangman
03.10.2010, 06:46 PM
I want Gold pants with our White jersey for away games.

Morpheus_00
05.10.2010, 07:50 PM
It changed with the arrival of Gibbs

The first or the second coming :)

Don't think it did. Pre-Gibbs in the seventies you'll find the same starter strip (check out Riggins in the late 70s).

The_Hangman
07.10.2010, 06:45 PM
You're wrong (as I'm sure most Redskins are aware), but just to settle it:

The Washington Redskins' primary colors are burgundy and gold. The Redskins' current uniform design was introduced by coach Jack Pardee in 1979. From 1961 through 1978, the Redskins wore gold pants with both the burgundy and white jerseys, although details of the jerseys and pants changed a few times during this period. Gold face masks were introduced in 1978 and remain to this day; previous to that they were grey. They are one of three NFL teams that primarily wear their white jerseys at home (the others being the Dallas Cowboys and the Miami Dolphins; though the Dolphins, who do so because the warm weather that causes many teams to wear white early in the season exists year-round in South Florida, traditionally wear dark jerseys at night). The tradition of wearing white jerseys over burgundy pants at home, which is considered the "classic" look, was started by Joe Gibbs when he took over as coach in 1981

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Redskins

GOSKINS-UK
01.11.2010, 10:05 PM

Im not too happy about the burgundy tops at Home, our winning tradition Has Been white tops and Burg pants, at least wear white when Dallas comes to the Fed. I know this is Late, but any die hard skins fan should feel alil disspappointed.