PDA

View Full Version : What NBA,NHL,MLB and College teams do you support?

IrishTexan
14.09.2010, 07:13 PM
Im thinking of supporting the Titans and i was wondering what other teams i should support, like teams in Tennessee,Georgia or Alabama
For college football what do you think-
The Vols
UGA
Auburn
Bama

For the NBA-
Atlanta Hawks or the Memphis Grizzlies

MLB-Atlanta Braves
NHL-Nashville Predators

tomwil93
14.09.2010, 07:15 PM
i have a mixture of teams, boston celtics, tennessee volunteers, philly flyers and the yankees

Hyperion
14.09.2010, 07:50 PM
Hopefully you pick the Titans. It's an interesting, competitive team with a good future. The good thing is that they're not uber-popular outside of the Mid-South so you'll really stand out in the crowd. If you're going to be a devoted NFL fan in the UK, you're hard core. Following one of the more under the radar teams makes it that much more badass.

I'm a University of Tennessee grad, so my loyalties lie with the Volunteers.

In Nashville the most popular MLB teams are the Braves, Reds and Cardinals. Baseball followings tend to be much more localized than the NFL but the national teams(Yankees,Red Sox, Cubs, Dodgers) also have a following here.Personally I've always stood away from the crowd and have been a life-long Phillies fan(starting to pay major dividends these days.:D)

The NBA is off the radar here although the Grizzlies are sometimes on TV.

Obviously the Predators are the favorite NHL club.

THE_TITAN
14.09.2010, 08:14 PM
Im a Titans fan and hate the Vols, I would say you don't have to correlate your other teams just based on the location of your favourite NFL team. For example I support the Titans but my college team is the Oregon Ducks. I think you should just go with who you think is the best team for you. I hope you pick the Titans as your NFL team, we have a bright future and a nice bunch of fans on these boards! :D

IrishTexan
15.09.2010, 09:56 PM
im thinking of supporting the Titans,Chiefs or Texans
What do you think?
Compare and contrast?

jackster608
16.09.2010, 04:04 PM
NBA: Cavaliers/Heat (yes, I am a LeBron fan, he is the main reason i supported the Cavs in the first place)

MLB: Reds, only just got into them, and paying off as they are almost certain to reach the playoffs.

NHL: Don't support a team, although I would look out for the Red Wings due to Dr Cox off Scrubs.

College teams: Don't really follow it, but I like USC as they have provided some of my favourite players to the NFL (A lot of Bengals, Polamalu etc)
I also like Miami (the U), for Devin Hester and their attitude!

THE_TITAN
16.09.2010, 05:57 PM
im thinking of supporting the Titans,Chiefs or Texans
What do you think?
Compare and contrast?

The Kansas City Chiefs are certainly on the up. They have a fantastic stadium, great support but their team is still lacking in great quality. Jamaal Charles is a lightening running back and the guy Eric Berry that they drafted will be great in my opinion. But there are still issues with their pass rush and QB situation. But moving on from just the team I think it certainly would be a rollercoaster ride supporting the Chiefs but you would invariably be one of very very few supporting the Chiefs that post on these boards.

The Houston Texans, as much as I hate to say it, are a team on the rise. They are the newest franchise and have yet to make the playoffs but they have a lot of talent on their team. Andre Johnson is arguably the best WR in the NFL and Schaub is a capable QB. Super Mario and Cushing on the defence are also big playmakers. The team has everything to make it to the playoffs but in one of the toughest divisions im not sure they will. They are not greatly supported on here but have a few regular posters.

The Tennessee Titans are definately the team I think you should go for...:cool:...We have a fantastic group of fans and a great team. LP Field is one of the toughest fields to play at for visiting teams and we have pretty decent support on these boards. The team has one of the best players in the NFL leading it, Chris Johnson, backed up by one of the most exciting QB's Vince Young. The WR corps is young and improving and most teams would agree that it is one of the hardest offences to stop in the league. The defence has significantly improved since last year and the D-Line is ferocious, it is the main starting block for our defensive strategy, put pressure on the QB. Our secondary has pro bowl players and one of the best safety pairings in the NFL. It is certainly a managable goal to reach the playoffs. You will never be bored as a Titans fan the team is full of suprises and you would be greatly welcomed.

But all three teams you want to support are not bandwagon teams which I'll give you credit for and all have supposedly bright futures.

stephenk24
18.09.2010, 07:22 AM
NBA: The Miami Heat, (NO I DIDN'T JUST JOIN THE BIG THREE BAND WAGON!:mad:) I have supported them since 2005.

NHL: Carolina Hurricanes, since 2004

MLB: LA Dodgers, Since 2007

College: Don't know yet, just started watching it this year. Any Ideas on who to support??

My criteria:

Not a team that wins every year, EG: Lakers,

Not a nasty dirty team, EG: Raiders:D,

A team that has good history.

Rubio40
18.09.2010, 07:41 AM
College: Don't know yet, just started watching it this year. Any Ideas on who to support??

Penn State

stephenk24
18.09.2010, 09:32 AM
Penn State

Ok I now support Penn State. But how do all the divisions work, Im confused:confused:

Rubio40
18.09.2010, 09:41 AM
Ok I now support Penn State. But how do all the divisions work, Im confused:confused:

You mean the conferences? The Divisions within some conferences? or do you mean Division I, Division II? (I think they replaced the "Division" thing with some weird acronym thing, that I refuse to use)

stephenk24
18.09.2010, 11:33 AM
You mean the conferences? The Divisions within some conferences? or do you mean Division I, Division II? (I think they replaced the "Division" thing with some weird acronym thing, that I refuse to use)

Well i just dont understand anything, teach me the basics

jackster608
18.09.2010, 02:13 PM

Haha, same! I know that they have BCS bowls and that there is a Big Ten, a PAC 10, and a couple of area specific conferences, but apart from that, I am clueless!

AndiGordon
18.09.2010, 04:44 PM
NBA : Chicago Bulls since the days of MJ
MLB: Florida Marlins (god knows why, I used to have a jersey as a kid)
NHL: Boston Bruins even though I only really watch hockey at the winter olympics and even then .....
NCAA: The U

Rubio40
18.09.2010, 10:50 PM

Well

Division I, is the highest level

Then you have the conferences in DI (Like the the ACC and the Big Ten, which Penn State is in)

Then some conferences are big enough to support two divisions in the conference

*Note
The whole thing is a bit more complicated, your going to have to look it up.
For example; some schools are in one conference for one sport, and in a different one for another. The schools also move around from conference to conference a lot, and there are a few independent schools like Notre Dame. Also the major conferences get automatic bowl bids, and the "mid majors" don't.

hardiehibee
23.09.2010, 06:26 PM
NBA: Was a big Sonics fan:mad:, Bloody American's.

NHL: Devils although kind a like the Senators as well.

MLB: Yankees

NCAA: Buckeyes.

jackster608
23.09.2010, 06:34 PM
NBA: Was a big Sonics fan:mad:, Bloody American's.

NHL: Devils although kind a like the Senators as well.

MLB: Yankees

NCAA: Buckeyes.

Unless you have a connection to Seattle, support the Thunder. They are one of the few pure teams left, building up through the draft with young, modest players.

MattMD
26.09.2010, 05:33 PM
NBA: Miami Heat (supported them before lebron and chris bosh arrived

NHL: dont really watch ice hockey

MLB: Florida Marlins

College: North Carolina Tar Heels

wuds100
26.09.2010, 09:51 PM
NBA - Washington Wizards

Not great the last couple of years but now have a young
team and are on the up plus we have just drafted John Wall no.1