PDA

View Full Version : Sean Payton's book "Home Team"

saintsfan29
15.09.2010, 12:21 PM
I got this recently and read it during the flight to NOLA for the Vikings game.

It's fantastic from start to finish and gives a lot of insight and little snippets which fans, especially those not in the USA, wouldn't be aware of.

I haven't read a book since I was at school (17 odd years ago) so if you haven't got it already, buy it now. Brilliant read.

DarrenSQh
15.09.2010, 12:37 PM
I got it on the way home from the game. Also got Drews book and reading that first. Only got about 50 pages to go then i will start on seans book.

Coming back stronger is excellent so far.

beer_bart
15.09.2010, 02:43 PM
I got this recently and read it during the flight to NOLA for the Vikings game.

It's fantastic from start to finish and gives a lot of insight and little snippets which fans, especially those not in the USA, wouldn't be aware of.

I haven't read a book since I was at school (17 odd years ago) so if you haven't got it already, buy it now. Brilliant read.

You haven't read a book in 17 years?! Wow.

DarrenSQh
16.09.2010, 09:47 AM
Just finished Drews book. Was a great read. Only took 3 days to read as I couldnt put it down.

Going to start reading Home team tonight.

marcseven
16.09.2010, 12:10 PM
I also have "home team" great read

If this is the Saints book club can i recommended the recently passed (RIP) Dave Dixons book "The Saints The Superdome and the Scandal"

Not only does it deal with the monumental task of getting NO a NFL franchise and all the political shenanigans with that and building the Superdome. It shows how the Saints actually helped make the South a better place desegregating football stadiums and also (with LSU) helping to defeat David Duke and the Klan in an election.

Interestingly he pulls no punches regarding the ownership (past and present) the local press and politicians. I'm just glad he lived long enough to see the team he created win the Super Bowl.

He admits its not the best written book, but for the trivia heads its a must, did you know the father of the Saints is also responsible for making Wimbledon the tennis championship it is today?

saintsfan29
16.09.2010, 07:16 PM
You haven't read a book in 17 years?! Wow.

Nope, as a kid I was always either playing outside or on video games. Books just bored me.

But these days I probably spend 2 hours a day reading NFL or Saints related stuff on the net, so it's not like I can't read!

marcseven
16.09.2010, 09:01 PM
Well i went to school in Bury and i can vouch for the fact that some people can read there.

saintsfan29
17.09.2010, 06:31 AM
Actually I only moved to Bury in May, went to school in Lowestoft and Norwich. I can't guarantee that everyone there can read though!

DarrenSQh
24.11.2010, 11:33 AM
Forgot to post when i had read Seans book.

The stories about the water park trips with the long slide competition in which Fujita went flying into a fence, the story about the paintball day out in 06 with Gleason getting Payton and the story about making the short flight home longer so they could drink beer were all great and gives you a great insight to see the teams spirit.

Would recommend the book as a great read for any saints fans.

moss022
24.11.2010, 10:56 PM
is there anywhere to buy it in the uk?

marcseven
25.11.2010, 01:48 PM
Got it from Amazon UK if that's any help. Cost me £12.50.

Some great stories and also show SP as a pretty cool dude.

Love the smashing the bandwagon story and the embarrassment of Fajita's water slide injury.