PDA

View Full Version : New member here

Skins#23
20.09.2010, 01:44 PM
Hi, just introduce myself. Names Nick and im a student from Surrey, love the Redskins, looking forward to a great offense this year, and hopefully the play-offs, just need a few tweaks on the D.

Loving how LaRon Landry is performing as well so far, looking good being called in for the blitz and isnt as alienated as he seemed last season. Im liking the Shanahan era so far!!

washingtonredskins1
20.09.2010, 02:13 PM
Hi, just introduce myself. Names Nick and im a student from Surrey, love the Redskins, looking forward to a great offense this year, and hopefully the play-offs, just need a few tweaks on the D.

Loving how LaRon Landry is performing as well so far, looking good being called in for the blitz and isnt as alienated as he seemed last season. Im liking the Shanahan era so far!!

hi welcome

i heard it on the radio yesterday, and very disappointed indeed. we were 20 7 up on them and we wasted it

reminds me of last seasons

Skins#23
20.09.2010, 03:12 PM
yeah I was listening on American radio and it seems we were in control, and then just stopped playing. Blocked FG was very costly in the end but to be honest we should of been able to hold on. Confident performance from the offense though and we wont be coming up against the likes of Andre Johnson and Matt Schaub every week. St Louis Rams should definitely be a W next Sunday.

fyodor dostoevsky
20.09.2010, 05:48 PM
Hi skins#23 :)

well, our offense may look good with McNabb but our run game is attrocious right now. It looks like we will be depending once again on Portis who is starting to show distinct signs of wear and tear. I was concerned during pre-season and so far have been proved correct. It was disappointing to see Houston gain more and more momentum as we lost ours.

Skins#23
20.09.2010, 06:25 PM
Not too sure on the running game, Portis hasnt looked good for a while now, niggling injuries and not many holes to run in to, and im not convinced bringing in a 30+ year old RB as backup is going to work.

But at least we have on positive for once, compared to our passing game last year which was shocking McNabb has installed a calm and composed pocket.

Worried about the injuries sustained by Williams and Landry though, Williams will be out for a few weeks probably, and our replacement for Landry, Horton, for me isnt up to scratch. Hopefully its just a few practices he misses at worst.

washingtonredskins1
20.09.2010, 06:32 PM
yeah I was listening on American radio and it seems we were in control, and then just stopped playing. Blocked FG was very costly in the end but to be honest we should of been able to hold on. Confident performance from the offense though and we wont be coming up against the likes of Andre Johnson and Matt Schaub every week. St Louis Rams should definitely be a W next Sunday.

i def hope so

G_Redskin
22.09.2010, 01:52 PM
Welcome washingtonredskins1 Its always good to see another Skins Fan.

1-1 and we should be 2-0 we need to get a running Game going and with the release of Larry Johnson we could be seeing a fresh face on the rosta. Maybe our O Line will click and the holes will appear for CP exploit?

my_friend_goo
22.09.2010, 06:49 PM
Welcome washingtonredskins1 Its always good to see another Skins Fan.

1-1 and we should be 2-0 we need to get a running Game going and with the release of Larry Johnson we could be seeing a fresh face on the rosta. Maybe our O Line will click and the holes will appear for CP exploit?

Give it time, allow Shanahan time to make changes, however subtle, to get it to work. If it's still as bad in week 10 and nothing in terms of strategy or personnel has changed, then I'll worry.

Skins#23
22.09.2010, 09:08 PM
I believe the rushing game will come to life against the Rams. Portis, although not what he was, will have plenty of holes to run in to against a very poor run defense.

lochhibs
24.09.2010, 01:14 AM
im very happy with our start.looking better in every department except on the ground although i do think portis will get more yards in the coming weeks.

G_Redskin
08.10.2010, 11:37 AM
Give it time, allow Shanahan time to make changes, however subtle, to get it to work. If it's still as bad in week 10 and nothing in terms of strategy or personnel has changed, then I'll worry.

^^ Agreed

Im not worried about the long term, Im sure we are a better team than last season lol and with every Game we are getting better..

Shanny knows what he wants & it will take time, I have the patience to wait a little longer for the pieces of the puzzle to fall into place.

GOSKINS-UK
01.11.2010, 09:40 PM
Hey Guys sorry i been on and off on this site, its good to have British and other folks from Outside North america interested in the NFL. Hope to hear or see yall one day. Myself Im American born, Redskins Born fan. (DC General Hosp. 1979 next to RFK) Live and die skins cannot stand the CowGirls(ironically navy is my favorite color LOL) hope to enjoy the season and if any one needs to know any football or redskins knowledge i can help with what knowledge I know. crunkatl@hotmail.com