PDA

View Full Version : tip toe shanahan

washingtonredskins1
22.09.2010, 12:06 PM
thats what i going to call him from now on because the team he has now are tip toeing around teams and expecting to win instead of going through them and crushing them.

that was a dreadful performance against the texans. its last seasons repeating itself.

wuds100
22.09.2010, 12:50 PM
Thats very harsh, I would expect the Texans to be there or thereabouts
come the postseason though individual errors cost us big in the 4th quarter.

G_Redskin
22.09.2010, 01:46 PM
This Team isnt anything like last seasons.

We made mistakes that every team makes especially one with so many new players and new schemes.

We gave the Texans a Game and you better believe the cowgirls know they were in a Game too.

We are 1-1 but could soeasily be 2-0 or 0-2 thats how close the two Games were weve played. We are competing this season last season we would have caved in, in both Games.

If we had a running Game then we would have run the clock down in the 4th and won, simple as that. We need a Running Game!

my_friend_goo
22.09.2010, 06:47 PM
Far too premature. Shanahan to some extent is still learning about what he can do with what he's got. He also has a lot to overcome.

Wk 1 was almost reminiscent of the Zorn era.

Wk 2 was almost reminiscent of the Gibbs II era.

A convincing win this week (and I don't mean blowout) that doesn't get the heart rate up will be the best sign yet that change really is coming (see my comments in the game thread for an explanation).

Improvements in the areas causing the most problems so far (run game, coverage in the secondary) will show me we have a coaching staff he can and will adapt to get the best from what they have got. Schottenheimer managed and turned an 0-5 team to an 8-8 team. Shanahan has more at his disposal.