PDA

View Full Version : So why the Titans?

TitanBrave
27.09.2010, 10:09 PM
Hey folks,

Had quite a few mates asking me recently why I have such a big thing for the Titans, when there is no obvious connection to them.

For me, it stems back to watching NFL highlights on Channel 4 every saturday morning as a kid (back in the days when they were the Houston Oilers). Remember seeing them look like an exciting team to watch, without being a "gloryhunter". Kind of an underdog feel to them.

Always watched them with interest since then, and really got big on it over the last 10 years or so, with the Superbowl game probably being what got me hooked more than anything (and again, probably because it was glorious failure, rather than success). Now I'm finally going to my 1st match on my way to Oz in a couple of weeks.

So fellow Titans, let me know, what started it all off for you?

pjburrage
28.09.2010, 12:38 PM
For me, one of the first games I saw when I got back into NFL was a certain playoff game against Buffalo, when Frank Wycheck passed the ball back to Kevin Dyson. That got me hooked on the NFL, and then when I got Madden 2001 I decided to play as Tennessee because of that (and Eddie George was on the cover) and have been a fan ever since.

Mr Munns
14.11.2010, 08:03 PM
They was the first team I saw play in the USA so it went from there really...

THE_TITAN
21.11.2010, 11:33 AM
I started watching NFL when the franchise moved to Tennessee so I thought I might aswell support the new franchise in town.