PDA

View Full Version : Philli: the last 39 minutes

fyodor dostoevsky
04.10.2010, 07:58 AM
The Torain TD was one of the most exciting things I have seen in a skins game for a long time. When Cooley took it in I was punching the air! we looked great!

Then with 9 minutes left to the half and at the goal line suddenly we had a Zorn-moment. Forget Torain/Portis or anything else that was working. Lets stick a scat back behind the QB and run what looked like 2 completely random plays that went nowhere. We get 3 but it was like watching a car get a flat tyre.

For the next 39 minutes we became worse and worse. Thankfully we faced a team that wasnt much better. Gave them a shot at winning too. McNabb should have made that play to Cooley. Poor, lousy pass really. It would have killed the game. They had a TD too! the ball was in their receivers hands! we have had two hail mary incidents - tonight and the Texans - where our guys were nowhere near the ball.

Heyer - I was laughing when he gave that penalty away on the game closing drive (it was that or cry!). Portis is done, he cant go 3 plays without getting hurt and looks to already be carrying a bunch of injuries in game 4. Torain looks the real deal but he is coming in looking like he may be the only back we have! :eek:

Even with a poorly executed offense with a back up QB they still put 350+ on our D. Probably would have had a big drive TD too with the ball at the end of the half - awful refereeing and clock management, we would be going nuts if the ref crew had done that to us. I was laughing when they dragged on the head guy to talk about how you have 30 seconds and thats it - a joke really, you never see it being run like that, especially when you are still in discussion with the teams coach while the clock is running!

Oh well, we won so everything must be ok.....:rolleyes:

citizenstu
04.10.2010, 11:26 AM
http://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=72075&page=15

Best place to discuss each game - be good if we could all get organised and have a discussion in the same place, get more of a debate going and stuff :)

vlf126
07.10.2010, 07:37 AM
http://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=72075&page=15

Best place to discuss each game - be good if we could all get organised and have a discussion in the same place, get more of a debate going and stuff :)

Agreed ..!!!

vlf126
07.10.2010, 07:44 AM
With things maybe looking up for the Skins lets give em a hard game..Now that Clinton is out for the next 5 to 6 weeks heres to Torain showing us what he is made of and having a great game..The packers last season has HUGE interseption rate so lets show them Redskin football and shut them down..I have a good feeling about this game...For me Cooley is a legend...Here's to 3-2 after this week..Best Regards Steve Dublin Ireland..HAILSKINS

fyodor dostoevsky
07.10.2010, 08:56 PM
With things maybe looking up for the Skins lets give em a hard game..Now that Clinton is out for the next 5 to 6 weeks heres to Torain showing us what he is made of and having a great game..The packers last season has HUGE interseption rate so lets show them Redskin football and shut them down..I have a good feeling about this game...For me Cooley is a legend...Here's to 3-2 after this week..Best Regards Steve Dublin Ireland..HAILSKINS

By all accounts they struggle to stop the run so we have a good opportunity to blood Torain with hopefully a big game. Right now the team is too pass happy (for an old timer like me anyway!). A solid run game would give this team a real platform for McNabb to work with.

vlf126
08.10.2010, 07:14 AM
By all accounts they struggle to stop the run so we have a good opportunity to blood Torain with hopefully a big game. Right now the team is too pass happy (for an old timer like me anyway!). A solid run game would give this team a real platform for McNabb to work with.
Agreed fyodor but you know what , i had flashbacks of the Rams game in the second half of last weeks match against the Eagles , I know the game has changed so much from when i started watching it here in the early 70s but i do think the Packers are maybe just a little tougher than the eagles so lets hope that our defence can get after Aaron Rodgers and give him a hard time..I have not seen much of the packers because im stuck with what out TV stations show here but if what you say about the Packers is true that they struggle against the run , heres to Torain having a good game against them , its a shame that i cant watch the Skins this weekend but i will listen to it on the internet..Thanks for the reply Regards Steve..HAILSKINS