PDA

View Full Version : Clinton Portis out "4-6 weeks"

my_friend_goo
06.10.2010, 07:51 PM
Third degree groin separation - nasty. Could this be the last season for him? :(

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/clinton-portis/clinton-portis-out-four-to-six.html

Can't rely on Torain and Simpson alone, so who do you cut from this bunch to make room:

http://www.redskins.com/team/index.jsp?d-49681-o=2&d-49681-p=1&d-49681-s=2

Somebody you can get away with cutting having a good feeling they'll still be available if needed at a later date?

I see three options: Young at FB (a potential eventual replacement for Sellers), Banks at WR (to go back on the practice squad, hate it after his fantastic return, but he offers less at WR) or Bryant at NT, leaving Haynesworth or Kemoeatu at NT.

fyodor dostoevsky
06.10.2010, 10:33 PM
Farewell Joey Galloway! cant say it would be a huge hit on how the team performs right now

Harwich Hog
07.10.2010, 12:05 PM
Farewell Joey Galloway! cant say it would be a huge hit on how the team performs right now

What's the news about Joey Galloway?

fyodor dostoevsky
10.10.2010, 04:05 PM
What's the news about Joey Galloway?

Nothing! Goo was just wondering who could be cut but brought back if necessary. Galloway could just go as far as I am concerned.

Midnight Rider
10.10.2010, 04:10 PM
Groin injuries are nasty ... they are one of the few injuries that'll keep popping back up in ones career. It's off the bone separation, so I highly doubt 4 - 6 weeks. *Maybe* 4 weeks for it to heal and reattach, but I doubt it'll be strong enough. Portis has been injured often the past few years too, so we know he doesn't bounce back quickly.

skinsfan.uk
19.10.2010, 11:27 AM
The way Torrain played against the Colts means we will only miss Portis if Torrain gets injured. Torrain is a much stronger runner than Portis at this stage in his career and he even showed surprising burst around the edges as well. Williams looked good in the 4th quarter as well, but I'd agree that we need another RB - just not at the expense of a trade with picks. It can be addressed in the off season when Portis will no doubt be allowed to leave. For me he is a Skins legend, but his time is unfortunately done unless he can take on a 3rd down back role.

Riggo
20.10.2010, 04:29 PM
I've been a skins fan since superbowl 7, and I don't consider Portis a "legend" in any way, other than we gave up a legendary CB for him.

There are two legendary running backs in that time span:

#43 Larry Brown
#44 John Riggins

fugitive
29.10.2010, 11:34 AM
I've been a skins fan since superbowl 7, and I don't consider Portis a "legend" in any way, other than we gave up a legendary CB for him.

There are two legendary running backs in that time span:

#43 Larry Brown
#44 John Riggins

Exactly sums up my feelings Riggo !

I've made it no secret on here that I think Portis is competely over-rated , would have preferred keeping Champ Bailey.

skinsfan.uk
29.10.2010, 03:24 PM
Good to see Champ Bailey at Wembley this weekend. Still a crime that we gave him up but I've enjoyed watching his career even in a Broncos uniform.

Regarding Portis, he is still out for a couple of weeks and with Torrain playing against the Lions this weekend he is likely to have another good game. Portis should be kept in a backup / 3rd down role whenhe returns. Not sure he has the type of personality to accept that role though.

the over-the-hill fan
30.10.2010, 09:31 AM
A short but interesting 'Most Valuable Protection' item on Total Access this week complimenting the skins O-line and its run blocking. Will be interesting to see if Portis makes as good use of this when/if he returns.