PDA

View Full Version : Good win, messy playing

washingtonredskins1
11.10.2010, 10:13 AM
i watched it yesterday. what are we doing in the 1,2,3 quarters. we have no game plan it was just a complete mess.

mcnabb and cooley with there play acting incompletes. what was mcnabb doing, he completly (i dont whether he missed, never saw it coming) at the start.

bloke put the ball through his legs and goes straight over the top of him and he had to make emergency run back to our 10 yard line. what was that all about.

4th quarter was a lot better we played with some style about us and in the end we deserved it. actually i never saw the last goal because i was downstairs but it was a surprise when i come back up and found that we had won.

fyodor dostoevsky
11.10.2010, 11:08 AM
i watched it yesterday. what are we doing in the 1,2,3 quarters. we have no game plan it was just a complete mess.

mcnabb and cooley with there play acting incompletes. what was mcnabb doing, he completly (i dont whether he missed, never saw it coming) at the start.

bloke put the ball through his legs and goes straight over the top of him and he had to make emergency run back to our 10 yard line. what was that all about.

4th quarter was a lot better we played with some style about us and in the end we deserved it. actually i never saw the last goal because i was downstairs but it was a surprise when i come back up and found that we had won.

well we looked good in the 4th as most of their key players were injured in some way or other. When Matthews was still on the field the Green Bay D was killing us.

Our game plan seems to be for McNabb to hit huge deep passes downfield of varying degrees of accuracy. When they work we get these massive offensive yardage totals but not necessarily touchdowns. Equally, when the deep ball fails we are very quickly in to three and out territory with no drives at all. Our D produces huge hits but gives up yardage all over the place on run and pass. We have now had two over times with a win and a loss and two wins where the other team had a guy in the end zone in the last second of the game with the ball in their hands for a winning TD that didnt work out (Dallas, end zone TD called back on a holding penalty; Eagles, caught and dropped pass for the win).

Something just doesnt add up for me.

Iggy
12.10.2010, 09:49 AM
well we looked good in the 4th as most of their key players were injured in some way or other. When Matthews was still on the field the Green Bay D was killing us.

Our game plan seems to be for McNabb to hit huge deep passes downfield of varying degrees of accuracy. When they work we get these massive offensive yardage totals but not necessarily touchdowns. Equally, when the deep ball fails we are very quickly in to three and out territory with no drives at all. Our D produces huge hits but gives up yardage all over the place on run and pass. We have now had two over times with a win and a loss and two wins where the other team had a guy in the end zone in the last second of the game with the ball in their hands for a winning TD that didnt work out (Dallas, end zone TD called back on a holding penalty; Eagles, caught and dropped pass for the win).

Something just doesnt add up for me.

I guess it's a cse of waiting to see how this season pans out! After all the debacles from the last 10 years or so it's going to take Shanny & Allen time to sort it all out!

G_Redskin
16.10.2010, 07:56 PM
I guess it's a cse of waiting to see how this season pans out! After all the debacles from the last 10 years or so it's going to take Shanny & Allen time to sort it all out!

Spot on!

Anything above a 500 season will be a plus in my mind. Shanny & Allen are operating with one hand tied behind their back thus far and we are doing well. The futures looking bright and with Shanny jr in the wings as a future HC maybe that continuity will see the Redskns turn out to be contenders well into the future.