PDA

View Full Version : same old thing

washingtonredskins1
18.10.2010, 09:35 AM
incomplete passes. mcnabb is not a natural thrower. so many incompletes and fumbles.

G_Redskin
19.10.2010, 09:47 AM
:eek:

:confused:

skinsfan.uk
19.10.2010, 11:24 AM
When I saw this thread I thought it could only be about Carlos Rogers and his inability to catch a cold. McNabb?

McNabb had a good game, he has had a very good season so far. We have more completions over 50 yards than any other team. You want Campbell back? 10.7 QB rating he had against the lowly 49ers.

This team is going places with Shanny & Co in charge.

Britskin
19.10.2010, 12:10 PM
When I saw this thread I thought it could only be about Carlos Rogers and his inability to catch a cold. McNabb?

McNabb had a good game, he has had a very good season so far. We have more completions over 50 yards than any other team. You want Campbell back? 10.7 QB rating he had against the lowly 49ers.

This team is going places with Shanny & Co in charge.

There was no mention of wanting Campbell back.

While I think that McNabb has made a difference for the better you can't deny he has missed several easy passes.

skinsfan.uk
19.10.2010, 12:20 PM
There was no mention of wanting Campbell back.

While I think that McNabb has made a difference for the better you can't deny he has missed several easy passes.

'Same old thing' implies a reference to Campbell. McNabb is his successor which is the reason for my comment.

McNabb has of course missed a number of short passes, he has always had a tendency to throw the ball at a receivers feet when they are within 10-15 yards of him. It is hugely frustrating and not something I see him changing. His play has however been an upgrade, particularly his passes under pressure.

FanMarino
19.10.2010, 06:11 PM
Finally managed to watch your game. I was rooting for you guys. You kept it close and nearly got there. Anybody who says McNabb isnt an upgrade needs to get hold of a history of Redskins QBs. Especially recent history. Donovan will win you more games than lose. You were up against Manning! Your ST's are very good and you should have picked off Manning at least 3-4 times. If you had done that then you would have beat the Colts. End of. Liking Torrain. He just needs to hit the lane the play was designed for. Hes a rookie RB so its understandable. He looks decent. Gotta like his attitude and his running after the 1st hit. Your O-Line is coming together and McNabb will get you wins. Good luck for the rest of the season.

hopgood24
19.10.2010, 06:12 PM
Mcnabb is not the prob its defence

fyodor dostoevsky
19.10.2010, 06:48 PM
we cant give up the best part of 500 yards in every game. Its like groundhog day. One of these days we are going to give up 500 yards and about 500 points.

Our offense still revolves around Moss and Cooley although Armstrong is making a few plays.

FanMarino
19.10.2010, 07:29 PM
we cant give up the best part of 500 yards in every game. Its like groundhog day. One of these days we are going to give up 500 yards and about 500 points.

Our offense still revolves around Moss and Cooley although Armstrong is making a few plays.

You need to get a DT who can hold up an pressure the middle. Haynesworth has been embarrassing. Great player but youve missed out on not having him playing to form and with the right attitude.

my_friend_goo
19.10.2010, 09:10 PM
One of these days we are going to give up 500 yards and about 500 points.

And I'd have expected Manning to be the guy to do that. Although now I'm concerned the other manning might achieve that, given the Giant's dominance of recent years.

Given that Carlos Rogers is a good cover corner with lousy hands and Malcolm Kelly has good hands but is never healthy, is there any way of performing a hand transplant to give us one elite corner and one scrap heap guy?

RickySanders
20.10.2010, 12:19 PM
And I'd have expected Manning to be the guy to do that. Although now I'm concerned the other manning might achieve that, given the Giant's dominance of recent years.

Given that Carlos Rogers is a good cover corner with lousy hands and Malcolm Kelly has good hands but is never healthy, is there any way of performing a hand transplant to give us one elite corner and one scrap heap guy?

LOL has to be comment of the season from a Skins fan, and I am in total agreement :)

Riggo
20.10.2010, 04:22 PM
We are still paying the price for a decade of Vinnie Cerrato.

When you have a bad coach, but a decent front office, a coaching change works wonders because the material is there.

When you have a bad front office, for what amounts to two player generations, the rot is complete and there very slim pickings for a coach to work with. The only cure is a long slow climb of careful rebuilding.

GM Allen isn't one of the greats by all reports, but he's not a disaster. He's good enough.

The redskins are on pace to double their win total from last season. If you consider that hardest part of their schedule was front loaded, they might even win 9-10 games.

At 3-3, with 10 games left, they would need to go 6-4, or 7-3 to have a winning record. Hard work to be sure, but not beyond their grasp.