PDA

View Full Version : Smith Goes But Gano Stays

Britskin
20.12.2010, 08:07 PM
Can't believe Shanahan let Smith go for lackluster punting and he keeps Gano and says its a mindset problem.

I have had enough of kickers with mindset problems

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Gano__Sundberg_Hope_For_Redemption_179373.jsp

B55Green
20.12.2010, 11:25 PM
I felt the same way, BUT......now looking at it, Smith very well may have been the problem. Gano didn't seem to be kicking the ball bad at all this past weekend. Also they were showing closeups of Smith's holding and it in fact seemed as if his placement and everything was completely wrong.

Gano was a pretty good kicker in College as well, I'd really hate to see him be the same in the NFL and only have another team take him because we were too impatient. Remember David Akers?

Britskin
21.12.2010, 09:45 AM
I felt the same way, BUT......now looking at it, Smith very well may have been the problem. Gano didn't seem to be kicking the ball bad at all this past weekend. Also they were showing closeups of Smith's holding and it in fact seemed as if his placement and everything was completely wrong.

Gano was a pretty good kicker in College as well, I'd really hate to see him be the same in the NFL and only have another team take him because we were too impatient. Remember David Akers?

I take your point but Shanahan did not mention Smith's holding as being a problem.

15eastaf
21.12.2010, 04:27 PM
At the end of the Titans game after the final feid goal Gano said Smith always does a good job of holding, he shouldn't have been cut for the final snap, it was wet and the snap was high.