PDA

View Full Version : where did we go wrong this season?

redskinsno1
12.01.2011, 01:59 PM
even dallas finished above us.

Tucker82
12.01.2011, 04:47 PM
wouldnt take it too hard lets look at next season. REDSKINS FOR LIFE!!!!:cool:

Boltonian
12.01.2011, 05:26 PM
There are too many things that Shana-Allen did wrong this year to mention,
but i believe they will get it right in the long run.

Just a heads up to redskinsno1, you might have to change your username as
there is already a Redskinsno1 on this board, and your views might get mixed up
with gareth's about the Skins.

Redskinsno.1
12.01.2011, 08:47 PM
There are too many things that Shana-Allen did wrong this year to mention,
but i believe they will get it right in the long run.

Just a heads up to redskinsno1, you might have to change your username as
there is already a Redskinsno1 on this board, and your views might get mixed up
with gareth's about the Skins.

Was just about to post that, Thanks for beating me to it Mark

15eastaf
12.01.2011, 09:38 PM
even dallas finished above us.

Yeah but they were the ones talking superbowl.

Since the Lions game we went down hill and the big loss to the eagles was the lowest point.

There's always next year though, and the year after.
H.T.T.R

Gman84
13.01.2011, 11:09 AM
Too much to fix in one season IMO and whilst not all the decisions made were the right ones it's hard to bat at 100% on these things. Add in a poor free agency pool and it's no wonder we spent a season of putting square pegs into round holes.

I guess people could look at a fee things such as:

1, McNabb - it didn't work but I still understand why they did it. All this rubbish about he was a poor fit for the O is just that, rubbish. Shanahan and Reid come from the WCO tree so whilst there will be different things the basics should have been the same. McNabb played poorly and appear reluctant to embrace any new ideas from the coaches. With hindsight you wouldn't make the move but once it was clear the Rams were drafting Bradford there wasn't a heck of a lot else out there. It was. Risk that failed let's hole we can get a little bit back for him.

2, OL - this was addressed but Trent Williams had some learning issues (to be expected) & some injuries. Jamaal Brown too took time to get going and the interior was a mess. Dockery was a poor fit and Hicks just played poorly but by seasons end it was starting to come together.

3, Defense - probably my biggest issues. I'm not going to talk about Haynesworth though! I'd have prefered to see a slower change to the 3-4 and more use of 4 man fronts to suit our personnel but at the same time I appreciate it's not always that simple and like the OL things looked a lot better the last two games.

4, Special teams - Gano was inconsisent, punter a revolving door and we have a poor long snapper which relates to both issues. I'm ok sticking with Gano though because I'm sick of kicker been a revolving door and the kid is young and showed some mental toughness. Despite far too many misses he did make some game winning pressure kicks and his kick offs are quality. I'm happy to show a but of patience with him and hopefully our long snapper will improve for a season under his belt but we missed the Big Red Snapper.

Harwich Hog
13.01.2011, 11:30 AM
I'm going to look past the intricacies of this season's failures and blindly concentrate on the fact we got two more wins this season than last.

We'll be 16-0 by 2015 on current trend :)

Gman: Was it ever said why Albright wasn't re-signed?

Gman84
13.01.2011, 06:30 PM
I'm going to look past the intricacies of this season's failures and blindly concentrate on the fact we got two more wins this season than last.

We'll be 16-0 by 2015 on current trend :)

Gman: Was it ever said why Albright wasn't re-signed?

I believe he had off-season surgery on his back and might not have been ready for camp so they went with the kid. I guess he couldn't go on for ever.

I guess another worry at points in the season was offensive play calling. It looked better with Grossman in there because they seemed to balance the attack better but I wonder if that was due to Grossman been more comfortable in the system. However at times young Shanny reminded me of Norv Turnip, giving up on the run at the first sign of trouble.