PDA

View Full Version : Houston Texans

BBULLS1234
15.01.2011, 03:16 PM
Been watching the game for few years now and now I have decided to pick one team to follow. I have gone with other teams but could not stick with them. So I have gone through the information on this forum and I have gone with the Texans for all the reasons that have been said but the main reason is there are a new team, not really alot of fans over here do not know why.

So here is my question why is there only just over 1000 fans when other teams have more but are not that good for example the hawks they have 6500(around) fans what are your thought on this.

thanks

TexansTaylor
18.01.2011, 12:46 PM
Been watching the game for few years now and now I have decided to pick one team to follow. I have gone with other teams but could not stick with them. So I have gone through the information on this forum and I have gone with the Texans for all the reasons that have been said but the main reason is there are a new team, not really alot of fans over here do not know why.

So here is my question why is there only just over 1000 fans when other teams have more but are not that good for example the hawks they have 6500(around) fans what are your thought on this.

thanks

Welcome BBULLS1234 glad to have you on board with the Texans.

answering your question I think we have a small fan base in comparison to other teams as we are new. Alot of new fans join the traditional teams such as Dolphins or Patriots or other teams in that category. Teams such as Seattle have a long history and success at times in the past so they still will get their fare share of fans. One good reason to follow the NFL for me is that each season any team could potentially do well and reach the playoffs or win the Superbowl.A franchise could potentially turn things round in a few Years with the right coaching and owner. People also choose teams for alot of different reasons whether it is recent success, players they like, the city and state they are in, logo and colours of the uniform, first game they saw.

Texans are a new team and we have not yet made the playoffs. We are not as well known yet in general terms with a wider audience. Success always brings new fans. I like the fact that the Texans are new and that I can support them from the beginning. Of course I hope we do reach the playoffs soon.

Go Texans

ragingbulls
30.01.2011, 11:37 AM
Simple really - Texans are a new team and have never been to the play offs. Until they do new fans will pick one of the more successful and established teams to follow