PDA

View Full Version : what a beat down.

steven a h
16.01.2011, 03:45 PM
well where do we go from here. iknow rodgers was red hot but that was bad. need better pass russ and pass defense and better tackling/ against the saints and the pack falcons had plenty of chances for sacks and could not get it done.gave up so many plays on third down it was unbelieveable. on offence matty ice was not so cool that pick6 was agame changer .the interceptions and the fumbles were pathetic.where was HARRY DOUGLAS? so we need help at WR and probably TE .i dont think gonzales will be back.need more explosive plays on offence. need DE and DB so better get busy in free agency and the draft cause we still got a way to go to play with the big boys. will not get achAnce like that for along time 13~3 does not come along very often .we are in atough divison. this is acrushing blow to any teams confidense i hope they can put it behind them. MATT RYAN the coaching staff and gm will know need to respond BECAUSE UNTIL THEY WIN A PLAYOFFGAME THEY ARE STILL THE SAME OLD FALCONS!!!!!!! i know they have been crushing me for more than 20 years' SORRY FOLKS A BIT DOWN TODAY.

BritSteel
16.01.2011, 04:41 PM
Lets face it, we need more muscle on the wings. Roddy who? He's been inconsistent which is a shame coz he can turn it on when he feels like it. Snelling? Taxi for Snelling? Considering we have beaten some quality teams in the run up to the playoffs we seem to have lost our bottle when it counted. Nevermind we can come back again next season and try some rookies to light the Georgia Dome up once again!

steven a h
16.01.2011, 05:03 PM
your right we need an injection of talent we must be able to throw the ball down the field

packerfanmurray
16.01.2011, 05:15 PM
What I worry about for you lot is will the players now come back lacking in confidence? To be one and done in such a horrific fashion must be crushing on your self belief. With a long off-season upcoming will the players spend time pondering mistakes, blaming themselves, blaming each other and generally come back a different team to what they were this year.I think it's going to take a while for some of those players to regain their swagger after an embarrassment like that.

Devilfalc
16.01.2011, 08:54 PM
I had a very bad feeling about this game all week - so much so that I didn't build my hopes up at all and I didn't even stay up to watch the game.

I've been a fan for over 20 years and its the first time that I have ever deliberatley missed watching a televised Falcons game.

I really don't know where we go from here. Part of me thinks that we need to replace both Mike Mularkey and Brian van Gorder. because we are too conservatie and predicatble on both sides of the ball, by choice. On the other hand, radical change could require necessitate and majorover haul of personnel, and we did beat five "10 win" teams this year, so I know we aren't anywhere as bad as yesterday's scoreline suggested.

redben
17.01.2011, 02:53 AM
Given I went with the Saints over the Pats in the Super Bowl it'd be fair to say I'm no Nostradamus but I saw this coming for the Falcons (which gives no pleasure as I've a soft spot for Matt Ryan seeing as we both went to Boston College). You were fortunate to win regular season games against the Ravens, Packers, Saints and 49ers. Had they gone the other way you'd have been 9-7 (which would have been harsh, 11-5 was about right). You're built to control a game but if you fall behind you're not built to come back. Couple that with a leaky secondary and it's a recipe for disaster.

You've got talent at key positions which is a solid base to build from. You could either focus on upgrading the receiving corps and going with a more explosive office or beefing up the defense and becoming a Steelers/Ravens type team. Nnamdi Asomugha is on the market which would be a huge upgrade in the secondary. That would be a good place to start.

I am aware how bad the Vikings were so feel free to point out any

steven a h
17.01.2011, 05:19 PM
talk is tony gonzales might retire so we would need atight end as well.

Jeater
18.01.2011, 09:55 AM
Lets be a bit more optimistic. Although a let down at the end we have a great Head Coach and General Manager who know what they are doing. Ryan has developed this year and although had a mare had plenty of 4th down conversions and late comeback drives to show he has the stomach.

White is top 3, Turner is still punishing and our O-line is the best in the league (imo). Hopefully Douglas develops next year to be that slot receiver (although i thought this would be his year) and Gonzo stays one more year and our offence is still solid. Assuming our O-Line don't leave in free agency.

Our D needs work. Perry hasnt done enough to warrent a first round pick. A few good draft picks and one big free agent pick up that we have done every year under Smith and Dmittroff should mean next season we progress a little bit more. And if we consistantly get in the playoffs each year we have a shot at winning a ring.

We're ahead of the game compared to where i thought we would be when Smith took over... so lets not be too down.

Devilfalc
19.01.2011, 07:59 PM
Given I went with the Saints over the Pats in the Super Bowl it'd be fair to say I'm no Nostradamus but I saw this coming for the Falcons (which gives no pleasure as I've a soft spot for Matt Ryan seeing as we both went to Boston College). You were fortunate to win regular season games against the Ravens, Packers, Saints and 49ers. Had they gone the other way you'd have been 9-7 (which would have been harsh, 11-5 was about right). You're built to control a game but if you fall behind you're not built to come back. Couple that with a leaky secondary and it's a recipe for disaster.

You've got talent at key positions which is a solid base to build from. You could either focus on upgrading the receiving corps and going with a more explosive office or beefing up the defense and becoming a Steelers/Ravens type team. Nnamdi Asomugha is on the market which would be a huge upgrade in the secondary. That would be a good place to start.

Sorry, but I disagree. Over 60 mins we were the better team in the wins against both the Ravens and Saints. The first packers game was also a coin flip. They missed opportunities that could have won the game, but we left points on the field too.

The NFC playoffs were always going to be a lottery, with 5 good teams. We left some big plays on the field including at least 3 drive ending sacks, committed 2 huge turnovers, and Rodgers had a game for the ages completing some unbeleveable passes. It was just one of those days.

We'll be back.