PDA

View Full Version : Portis has gone, was this the right or wrong thing to do?

brave on the warpath
01.03.2011, 08:48 PM
I must admit on a buisness side of things my head says this was absoloutly the right thing to do, but now it's happened i'm not as sure. It's a head vs heart thing really, after his first play i've loved him and no doubt about it i will miss him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GNPmwhQZy8&playnext=1&list=PLF62C51EF6931059D Ignore the dodgey music and watching this video will make you say, thank's Clinton, thanks for all the memorys.

my_friend_goo
02.03.2011, 12:51 PM
It was absolutely the right thing to do. The Skins can ill afford to keep a roster spot open for a back who is likely to get injured for a significant part of the season. They need somebody who has a better injury history to share the load with Torrain, even though that player may have less talent than Portis. It's sad that it has come to this, but Clinton was amongst the most physical of backs and he has abused himself somewhat over the years. Really appreciate what he did in his time with the Skins - his career could possibly have been even greater with another team with a different style of running, but he's been by far and away one of the bright spots since the first Gibbs era ended.

my_friend_goo
02.03.2011, 01:12 PM
Also gone are Derrick dockery and Andre Carter. Again, guys who have made contributions in their time, but given the new system in place it's no surprise to see them go.

Ma'ake Kemoeatu also widely rumoured to be gone by tomorrow.