PDA

View Full Version : Trading QB's

Qualcomm
16.03.2011, 10:34 AM
Trading QB's (http://www.nfluk.com/video/link/trading-qbs-16311.html)

http://www.nfluk.com//uploads/assets/Video_photos/mcnabbwk10vidsm.jpg
(http://www.nfluk.com/video/link/trading-qbs-16311.html)

Will Donovan McNabb remain a Redskin? Will Carson Palmer's trade demands be met in Cincinnati? NFL Total Access ponders their NFL futures.

Buttery
10.05.2011, 12:26 PM
Just on the matter of Kevin Kolb, and I know this is a far-out idea, but:

a) Do you think the Eagles would trade another QB to a division rival?
b) Would you be interested and at what price?

Just something that came to me, and there's not much else going on lol!

jrt55555
10.05.2011, 03:25 PM
Just on the matter of Kevin Kolb, and I know this is a far-out idea, but:

a) Do you think the Eagles would trade another QB to a division rival?
b) Would you be interested and at what price?

Just something that came to me, and there's not much else going on lol!

I don't think we'd be keen to send Kolb to the Redskins. I know we traded McNabb to them, but that was different, Donovan is past his prime and the Eagles weren't worried about him staying within the division. From McNabb's performance last season it appears that they were right!

But from what Andy Reid has done/said about Kolb it's clear that he holds him in high regard and rates him highly. Remember that he was set to be our starting franchise QB last year until he got injured and the Vick show began.

I would be happier to see him go to Arizona, Seattle or Miami.

In terms of price, I think it really depends on how desperate the other teams are for a QB. The talk all seems to say that the Eagles want a First round pick and change. I think if we can get that then I'd be very happy, seeing as he'll walk next season for free anyway.

my_friend_goo
10.05.2011, 03:34 PM
Seeing as the Redskins would be the only team likely in contention.....DEFINITELY NOT!

Did you not see how timidly Kolb played against the Redskins last season, his play effectively costing his team the game (nobody needs reminding of the result of the matchup when Vick played the whole game under centre)?

The Redskins have already been shafted once by the Eagles for a QB in the past year, don't look for them to do it again.

(foot note: Although I consider the McNabb trade to be a shafting from a Redskins perspective, I don't rule out the possibility of him being able to resurrect his career elsewhere, nor do I cast any doubts on his achievements in his Eagles days).

Harwich Hog
19.05.2011, 10:59 AM
Warning this post is full of all sorts of potential to make myself look like an idiot when i'm proved wrong.

There is absolutely no way the Redskins will trade for Kevin Kolb!! The fact that it's even being talked about is ridiculous.

Do not compare trading a 1st round pick for a player that doesn't even have a season's body of work to trading a 2nd and conditional pick to a multi-Pro-Bowl QB who has taken a team to the Superbowl. Fine it didn't work out but that, in my opinion, makes the trade less likely, not more.

It makes me ashamed that the Redskins are perpetually tounted as trade-partners for every over-valued player in this league :mad:

Buttery
20.05.2011, 05:33 PM
I do not beleive it is likely, just wondered what thoughts would be if it did happen. I mean Kolb has been linked with most teams that need a QB, so why not a team with John Beck as the front runner? lol.

I also think Shanahan would prefer to sign an FA instead of giving up picks.

Ok, so ignore what you think will happen, who realistically would you want - and not want - from the names in circulation?

G_Redskin
20.05.2011, 07:34 PM
Seeing as the Redskins would be the only team likely in contention.....DEFINITELY NOT!

Did you not see how timidly Kolb played against the Redskins last season, his play effectively costing his team the game (nobody needs reminding of the result of the matchup when Vick played the whole game under centre)?

The Redskins have already been shafted once by the Eagles for a QB in the past year, don't look for them to do it again.

(foot note: Although I consider the McNabb trade to be a shafting from a Redskins perspective, I don't rule out the possibility of him being able to resurrect his career elsewhere, nor do I cast any doubts on his achievements in his Eagles days).

^^^ what he said......

the over-the-hill fan
28.07.2011, 02:47 PM
Ok, so ignore what you think will happen, who realistically would you want - and not want - from the names in circulation?

John Beck this season, Andrew Luck next season. :rolleyes: