PDA

View Full Version : Falcons likely to contact Browns over 6th overall pick?

FusionStyle
29.03.2011, 11:18 AM
http://www.falconsgab.com/2011/03/27/falcons-likely-to-contact-browns-about-no-6-overall-pick/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FalconsGab+%28Falcons+Gab%29

Good read, and some good points. Certainly seems like we could see something of this nature from Dimitroff.

Devilfalc
30.03.2011, 08:58 PM
http://www.falconsgab.com/2011/03/27/falcons-likely-to-contact-browns-about-no-6-overall-pick/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FalconsGab+%28Falcons+Gab%29

Good read, and some good points. Certainly seems like we could see something of this nature from Dimitroff.

We'd have to give up our entire draft (and more) to move up that far, and we don't need a #1 WR

That would be a disastrious move for us, as we'd be elft with major holes at DE, CB, RB and possibly OL and OLB.

jimmy_hobo
30.03.2011, 11:24 PM
Can't disagree more, we absolutely need a no.1 reciever.

Don't get me wrong, Roddy White is an elite reciever but his strength lies in turning short throws into big plays, he doesn't have the speed to break away down the field.

We need a DeSean Jackson type speed demon to stretch the field.

That said, it all depends on what we'd have to give up to move up.

I've heard on a couple podcasts, and read that we'd be looking at giving them 27th overall, 2nd round pick this year and 2nd round pick next year.

AJ Green is a good player, all depends if we think hes that much better than the rest. Personally I'd sooner wait and see if we can pick up Titus Young, Baldwin or Torrey Smith later in the draft, but a WR has to be on the shopping list.

FusionStyle
31.03.2011, 01:42 PM
We'd have to give up our entire draft (and more) to move up that far, and we don't need a #1 WR

That would be a disastrious move for us, as we'd be elft with major holes at DE, CB, RB and possibly OL and OLB.

Can't disagree more, we absolutely need a no.1 reciever.

Don't get me wrong, Roddy White is an elite reciever but his strength lies in turning short throws into big plays, he doesn't have the speed to break away down the field.

We need a DeSean Jackson type speed demon to stretch the field.

That said, it all depends on what we'd have to give up to move up.

I've heard on a couple podcasts, and read that we'd be looking at giving them 27th overall, 2nd round pick this year and 2nd round pick next year.

AJ Green is a good player, all depends if we think hes that much better than the rest. Personally I'd sooner wait and see if we can pick up Titus Young, Baldwin or Torrey Smith later in the draft, but a WR has to be on the shopping list.

I think a receiver to compliment what Roddy does (as our #1 elite receiver) is needed. Ideally we'd pick him up in the 2nd round? That said, with Allen Bailey of Miami rumored to be dropping into the 2nd round possibly all the way to our 2nd round pick, I believe a WR could be picked up in Round 1 at #27.

Torrey Smith and Titus Young are standout EXPLOSIVE receivers. Both worthy of our 1st round pick. With the DE class as talented and deep as it is, that could wait till the 2nd and we could still pick up a potential rookie starter.