PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Rudolph... another talented player in the wrong spot?

FusionStyle
08.04.2011, 11:53 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/658012-notre-dame-tight-end-kyle-rudolph-is-rising-up-draft-boards?source=rss_teams_Atlanta_Falcons

Kyle Rudolph clearly is the most talented tight end in this years draft. And the other clear thing here, is that the Falcons should be looking to pick up a tight end within their draft class this year.

That's all because of Tony Gonzalez, undoubtedly the most talented player at his position in his prime, that the NFL has ever seen. Records galore, and at 35 he's still considered a top top talent. He is 35 though, and has already uttered the dreaded word of retirement should this year disappear because of the work stoppage. Now I don't think that'll happen and we'll see at least one more season of Gonzo in a Falcons jersey, but after that, it's unclear. A top talent like Rudolph would be hugely benefited playing a year under Gonzalez, there's no end to what he could learn from the guy on and off the field.

However, at #27... are there more pressing concerns? Surely a DE is needed, if not a WR or even an OT?

Is Rudolph another talented player we'd love to see picked at #27 and wearing a Falcons jersey, but our heads persuade us to walk away to a need?

Is there a chance he could drop to us in Round 2? I highly doubt, but it's something draft day could change our opinion on, and with 3 weeks till the first pick, I think anything is possible.

It's worth mentioning we WILL be working him out, so we know Dimitroff and Smitty are looking at him. http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2011/4/8/2097879/report-falcons-to-work-out-tight-end-prospect-kyle-rudolph

jimmy_hobo
10.04.2011, 07:01 PM
I will stand by any move TD and Smithy make, they've yet to steer us wrong, however, I hope they know what they're doing if they neglect our greater needs in the early rounds.

FusionStyle
11.04.2011, 12:30 PM
I will stand by any move TD and Smithy make, they've yet to steer us wrong, however, I hope they know what they're doing if they neglect our greater needs in the early rounds.

Oh yeah, I trust the two guys at helm 100%. I would prefer to see a DE, WR or OL picked up in Round 1, depending on the best player available at those positions. If none are there that offer value (I hate it when people reach) then we should look to trade down as outlined in another post.