PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Jordan & Mark Ingram in the first round!

saintsfan29
29.04.2011, 09:17 AM
Woo! Good job Payton and Loomis. I didn't think either guy would still be on the board at #24 and I'm totally fine with trading next year's first for the chance to get Ingram. He's gonna be an absolute stud.

All we need now is an OLB and backup OL in the 3rd round and we'll be set for our next SB.

Who Dat!

beer_bart
29.04.2011, 10:34 AM
Well chuffed with these selections. Ingram could be worth multiple first round picks if he plays as could as hes projected to!

The DE is a very solid pick to as many were saying that Jordan would go a lot higher!

DarrenSQh
29.04.2011, 11:57 AM
Great picks. Could work out to be an absolute steal of a first round for us.

menominee
29.04.2011, 12:06 PM
Agreed, you're the stars of the first day. I hoped Ingram would fall to us but our front office never reaches.

mattchew
29.04.2011, 12:14 PM
Agreed, you're the stars of the first day. I hoped Ingram would fall to us but our front office never reaches.

Good job at the Abbey today menominee!

Jordan wasn`t someone I considered this week as I thought he would
be long gone. I thought we would have a chance with Ingram as the Dolphins
and Pats passed on him. Pretty chuffed all the same, let`s hope the 1st rounder
we gave up to the Pats next year is the 32nd pick.

duffweiser
29.04.2011, 01:05 PM
fantastic 1st round for us i dont think weve given up too much to get Ingram - i wonder which of the existing RBs will give way - it could be Bush i think - we also have Rogers at DT a bit of a risk but could be a monster if he is fit - could be a good year for us - just need an OL and we will have depth everywhere

mde203
29.04.2011, 01:06 PM
I like the Jordan pick for you, but my concern is that he is too much like Will Smith. Both are somewhere in between base end and rush end, and I don't think you get the dynamic pass rusher you wanted from Jordan. He's a very talente player though, so you're getting someone highly useful. I can see why some would be a little upset with the pick, but I would say it's a very good pick.

Ingram I don't like. I like Pierre Thomas and Chris Ivory. They have health issues, but so did Ingram last year after taking a lot of carries in 2009. He'll be good no doubt, but that offense is ser up in a way that it doesn't need a back like Ingram. You can get by with what you have because you spread the field so much and defenses have to respect Brees. A running back in the second or third would have been good, but here is too early imo.

duffweiser
29.04.2011, 02:48 PM
i know what you mean but we really missed that power running game last season - Ivory was good when fit but there is a big doubt over his fitness this coming season. I think Thomas will be the primary back this season with Ingram and Ivory sharing the remaining carries - with Bush departing.

How do you think the Bengals will go now in the rest of the draft QB in second round

mde203
29.04.2011, 02:59 PM
i know what you mean but we really missed that power running game last season - Ivory was good when fit but there is a big doubt over his fitness this coming season. I think Thomas will be the primary back this season with Ingram and Ivory sharing the remaining carries - with Bush departing.

How do you think the Bengals will go now in the rest of the draft QB in second round

I hope we go with Mallett in the second, but I can see Paea in the tiger stripes. Wouldn't mind, but we really need a QB, and I love Mallett's talent. I think we go for interior offensive linemen if we draft Mallett, maybe a late round running back, then if not we go with a safety (hopefully Rahim Moore) and BPA. If we don't draft a QB in the second I don't think we'll draft one at all.