supporters trip to DC in 2012 was mentioned, i have been over twice before
with a fellow Skins fan(2 wins as well, Jags and Browns), but i think it would
be great with a group of us.

Anybody interested?

Mark,

I would definitely be up for this and pretty sure Rog would be as well :D

my_friend_goo
01.07.2011, 05:41 PM
I was hoping to take ol' pappa Goo to DC as a surprise this year, but then decided to can that idea with the lockout status. Now, I'm not so sure because of finances etc. I had such an amazing time at the Skins-Cards game in 2008, though, that it is tempting. Maybe next year, when hopefully the Redskins will be closer to approaching greatness again.

rogredskins
02.07.2011, 07:06 AM
Mark,

I would definitely be up for this and pretty sure Rog would be as well :D

Yes I would...way too long since last trip.

dstarr83
27.10.2011, 06:37 PM
Have just decided to follow the Redskins, after being a fan of the NFL for quite some time, and half supporting teams, but seeing as my sister lives in DC, it makes sense to support them seeing as I can visit them easily.

After seeing the game at wembley the other day, I really want to go to a game next year so am starting to save up for it now :)

riggin
28.10.2011, 09:06 AM
Welcome Dstarr

What a monumental decision! Although I question your judgement :D
You're in good company.

Were you at the game on Sunday, or watching on TV? Plenty of Skins jerseys at Wembley, we have a good support this side of the pond.

Maybey next year we will see our team over here, fingers crossed.

dstarr83
28.10.2011, 10:31 AM
Lol yeh it does seem that the Redskins are kind of struggling at the moment, but thats one of the good things with NFL that things change a whole lot more quickly than things do in football.

I want to get a jersey, but I'm not sure who to have on the back. Might just wait until next year and see who we get.

Yeh, I was at the game on Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. Hopefully I will go stateside to watch a game maybe for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Luckily we're in quite a good division and so lots of decent matchups :) Would love to see Redskins vs Cowboys

poor_slins
28.10.2011, 12:46 PM
but would love to!

70 chip
28.10.2011, 06:34 PM
I may well be, unfortunately I am one of Cameron's 2.7 million unemployed at the moment after redundancy but hoping for that to change very soon !

Are you going to post details in this thread Boltonian ?

my_friend_goo
28.10.2011, 09:14 PM
Lol yeh it does seem that the Redskins are kind of struggling at the moment, but thats one of the good things with NFL that things change a whole lot more quickly than things do in football.

I want to get a jersey, but I'm not sure who to have on the back. Might just wait until next year and see who we get.

Yeh, I was at the game on Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. Hopefully I will go stateside to watch a game maybe for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Luckily we're in quite a good division and so lots of decent matchups :) Would love to see Redskins vs Cowboys

Welcome aboard. Things have been so frustrating for so long now (see the Normal Season Service Resumed thread!), but hopefully a good draft next year and improvement to the selections of this year will put them right.

Choose wisely on the jersey front. I picked up a Landry one when I went to DC to see the Skins in '08. I'm glad he's playing better now at his preferred position than he was then, but I still kick myself for not buying a Fletcher jersey instead (for some unforgivable reason he slipped my mind). But I do have Darrell Green (far too big to have ever fitted) and Art Monk (way too small to have fitted since I was about 8 years old...) jerseys that are definitely timeless.

Little General
22.01.2012, 08:42 PM
would love to go but unfortuneatly could not afford it.

will have to wait until they come to London!

Riggo
26.01.2012, 08:23 PM
I guess if people make it over it is my duty to buy them a beer at some point during their stay in washington.

Harwich Hog
27.01.2012, 09:04 AM
Good man Riggo.

I can't see me making a trip to DC any time soon but you guys should definitely keep organising them through here - in case I come into some money in a year or two ;-)

qball
28.01.2012, 08:36 PM
Followed the skins since the early days of Channel 4. Will be wearing my shirt 17 with pride (fathers day pressie from the kids) to SuperBash. Youngest son will be with me (Pats fan), now got kids of his own!!

my_friend_goo
19.02.2012, 10:22 PM
So, set up a new savings account today, putting away a certain amount every month. By the time the 2013 schedule is announced (usually done in April), I should have enough money to fund a trip for myself and my father, preferably earlier in the season when the weather is better. My dad's health isn't getting any better and I'd regret not doing this if I could have done.

This is, of course, entirely dependent on the needs of the latest Skins fan in the Goo family, due in July. I've promised Mrs Goo that if we need the money for something else, I'll divert it without argument! Hopefully, by 2013, the Redskins will have a quality young quarterback with a season's experience under his belt, directing a dynamic offense with a fierce defense to complement :D