PDA

View Full Version : Our needs

mike_vick7
26.07.2011, 12:27 PM
What is our biggest hole in the team right now? We have all the weapons we should need on offense, a solid O line, solid D line, nice group of linebackers, but a very, very leaky secondary. Aaron Rodgers showed our weakness to the whole world last January, and TORCHED us all game. Now, my question is, is the "Great" Thomas Dimitrov finally going to recognize our big weakness? He made a small step in trying to fill that void last year, with the signing of Dunta Robinson from Houston. But, as we saw, was not enough, and Robinson didnt have a pick like all season. This will be Dimitrov's 4th year, and I hope its not the fourth year in a row that this so called genius ignores our biggest problem - THE SECONDARY.

Nnamdi Asomugha is out there. Go get him.

ianuk
26.07.2011, 04:37 PM
I expect Charles Johnson to arrive from Carolina and play opposite Abraham. The secondary seems set, Grimes will be offered a new deal worth around $8m a season and on that money he won't be moving to nickel.
I expect two of the three OL players to resign.

ianuk
26.07.2011, 04:44 PM
I am not 100% but I think that Atlanta are sufficiently under the cap to afford both Charles Johnson and Nnamdi Asomugha which would make this team out and out favourites for February's showpiece. Of course Ryan will be due a contract extension soon and judging by the one he signed as a rookie this could break records.
Although this is probably dreamland Arthur Blank has shown that is is not afraid to sign big checks for the right players and he was fuming with the Green Bay defeat so who knows. If he does go for it though a ton of pressure will be put on Coach Smiths shoulders.

mike_vick7
28.07.2011, 12:42 PM
I expect Charles Johnson to arrive from Carolina and play opposite Abraham. The secondary seems set, Grimes will be offered a new deal worth around $8m a season and on that money he won't be moving to nickel.

Secondary set? Its really not. Work needs to be done in that area, and fast.

SteButt
29.07.2011, 05:54 PM
Ray Edwards just signed.

Stubbsy #21
29.07.2011, 06:37 PM
Ray Edwards just signed.

I like this!

Plus Tyson Clabo's been re-signed.

ianuk
29.07.2011, 06:43 PM
Great news, Edwards in, most of our FA's resigned and all of this years drafted players signed. I can't wait for this season.

ianuk
29.07.2011, 06:47 PM
Secondary set? Its really not. Work needs to be done in that area, and fast.

I am not saying it's ideal but Grimes is a top class player who is constantly ignored by the big networks. Robinson should have a big season, we all know he has the talent and should be familiar with the system and settled in ATL.
DeCoud has show pro bowl form at times so once he gets some consistancy, all is good.

ianuk
30.07.2011, 12:14 PM
Just a note on Falcons training. Peter King from Sports Illustrated tweeted:
Quizz Rodgers will be a top 20 rookie this year for sure, Julio Jones looks like a five year veteran.

MichaelVick07
07.08.2011, 08:53 AM
I'm a bit late on this one. I like what we did in FA never made huge splash but picking up Edwards was good move. Re-signing Grimes was prob best move as that is our weakest area. With Edwards more pressure up front will help the secondary out and with Grimes improving each year and hopefully Robinson can be the shutdown corner they got him for we'll do alright

jimmy_hobo
10.08.2011, 02:15 PM

So Edwards instead of Johnson but I agree with the sentiment.

Think a starting DB set of Robinson, Grimes, DeCoud and Moore is good enough, it was in nickel and dime packages that the Packers hurt us, Chris Owens probably isnt going to be good enough, but in Dominique Franks we have a good young corner waiting to break out, does anybody know whats happening with Brian Williams? Haven't seen anything to says he's signed anywhere, I'd like to see him brought back for his position versatility (he's happy on the outside, in the slot or at safety) and for his veteran leadership.