PDA

View Full Version : Can we repeatt 13-3??

MichaelVick07
06.08.2011, 01:29 PM
What's your prediction for the Falcons regular season record? How far can we go in the post season?

I'm going with optamistic 12-4 dropping one of the saints games (usually split them) GB Indy and poss Philly?
Also think have real chance of making SB even if don't win it.

primetime90
11.08.2011, 01:58 PM
Our schedule is tougher than last year and our division is probably the hardest in football this year.

I think we can go 12-4 although 11-5 is probably more realistic, alot depends on how the Defense plays.

With the NFC east playing the weak NFC west we need to win the division.

saintsno1
11.08.2011, 03:25 PM
no i say let me think 10-6 losing to us twice
who dat
sanits gonna win the division

mike_vick7
11.08.2011, 06:41 PM
no i say let me think 10-6 losing to us twice
who dat
sanits gonna win the division

..........yea...........sure you are........

you'll be lucky to finish ahead of the bucs. Damn aints fans in the Falcons thread.....

Packman12
11.08.2011, 07:00 PM
Of course they can repeat as division champs at 13-3.

Julio Jones is a beast
Matt Ryan is a star.
And the secondary isnt as bad as one playoff game made them look.

Sproles is a boost to the Saints and they have made other good signings.

One team should finish 13-3 and the other 12-4

We beat the Saints but lose to the Falcons that will be the difference.

Surely Falcons fans should be asking 'Can we take the next step?'

MichaelVick07
11.08.2011, 08:14 PM
Yeah and i think we have made the moves to do that, might not be this year but reckon we will pick up a trophy. I agree that the D is stronger that people think especially with pick up of Edwards

steven a h
13.08.2011, 09:17 PM
13/3 dont think so but i think we make the playoffs and thars all that matters

HSTDriver
17.08.2011, 06:37 PM
I suspect the NFC south will be a tight battle this year. I honestly see the Falcons splitting their series with both us and the Saints.

Any 2 from those 3 will make the playoffs. I'd make the Saints favorites for the div. followed by the Falcons, then the Bucs, but it wouldn't be a huge surprise whichever order they finish in.

MichaelVick07
17.08.2011, 08:03 PM
Def agree that will be a lot tougher to win the division, I think we can do it, even if we do split with saints and bucs which is likely. Hopefully J Jones will bring the explosiveness we are missing to match the fire power of saints/packers

saintsno1
18.08.2011, 11:10 AM
SAINTS gonna win the division and get to be the no1 seed, homefield advantage and go to superbowl 46 and winning it.

WHO DAT

Stubbsy #21
20.08.2011, 01:38 PM
Can't believe i'm feeding the troll but good luck with that aints fan!

If we don't make the Super Bowl then the NFC representative will be Green Bay or Philadelphia.

As for the original question yes we can but i'm not sure we will. I'll take a couple less regular season wins for at least a couple of post season wins.

Oh and put some money on Julio Jones for rookie of the year.

falcongirl75
24.08.2011, 04:37 PM
I think 13-3 will take some repeating. Id take 11-5 and securing a play off position. Want to see an improved D too.

steven a h
24.08.2011, 08:25 PM
all we need is to get into yhe playoffs and i think we can

MichaelVick07
25.08.2011, 12:11 PM
We should def make play offs, have only got stronger from last year and not as if we have and offence like Eagles where D has plan against our style. Just good execution and smart decision making gets us down the field and now with Jones can stretch the field a bit more and get some quick strikes.

I think the playoff meltdown made our D out to be a lot worse than actually is. If Edwards is on form we could have a real threat to opponents with him and 55 and we can create a lot turnovers, we'll be alright

ianuk
01.09.2011, 09:41 AM
I said around draft time that this devision is between three teams and no team will pass 11 wins. The Falcons are a much stronger team this year with a chip on their shoulders after the play-off deafeat. I expect Atlanta to retain the NFC South championship but I just hope that they avoid the number one seed, that bye week I believe played a big part in that defeat.
Momentum is everthing.

P.S Atlanta have just signed kelvin Hayden, CB, from Indy and James Sanders, S, from New England. Two players adding much needed experience to our secondary and both having SB experience.

MichaelVick07
01.09.2011, 12:07 PM
Yeah saw that two goods moves to add some experience and depth. Looking at the NFL.COM stuff all the analysts have put the saints ahead of us this year. I agree who have got stronger and that only goes in our favour. I think people are reading to much into that playoff loss. Yeah the defence melted but you don't get a 13-3 record with a subpar defence. The D will surprise a lot of people this year.

Martin Joyce
05.09.2011, 05:45 PM
I fancy us to be 12-4 or 11-5, making the play-offs and winning a game or 2. No holy grail this year tho I reckon, but what do I know I've been wrong before and hopefully we will. Really looking forward to Chicago on sunday a nice win to get us rolling again!!!