PDA

View Full Version : First Depth Chart for 2011 released

JD for breakfast
09.08.2011, 02:03 PM
http://www.redskins.com/team/depth-chart.html

For all units, including special teams. Been waiting for this for a while after so many roster changes in the off-season. Most noteable thing I can see is Grossman named first-team QB ahead of John Beck. Guess there's time for that to change

my_friend_goo
09.08.2011, 04:38 PM
So, technically two changes along the O-line, although only one new player added. I hope it's enough to give whoever the quarterback is enough time to make throws and to clear space for the backs. I think for now enough of an upgrade has been made at WR (I fail to see how the addition of Gaffney and Hankerson won't lead to an increase in WR catches), RB remains to be seen.

JD for breakfast
09.08.2011, 05:23 PM
I think our D looks a lot stronger than this time last year, especially on the line. Our linebacker corps is a little thin behind the starters though. I can see Keyaron Fox ousting McIntosh at ILB

Frankr1964
09.08.2011, 07:34 PM
Will Kerrigan start if he is still doing reps with the LB coach learning how to drop into coverage?

JD for breakfast
10.08.2011, 05:17 PM
Will Kerrigan start if he is still doing reps with the LB coach learning how to drop into coverage?

I think so. He's converting to LB from having his hand on the ground so his experience in coverage will be limited to say the least. Orakpo made the same change in his rookie season and still ended up starting straight away. I don't see why Kerrigan would be any different. He's also been slowed by a minor knee injury so he's been doing more one-on-one reps with the coaches when he can't participate fully in team drills

Gman84
10.08.2011, 05:49 PM
No real surprises for me and a long way to go yet. Let's see what some of these guys look like in a pre-season game or two.