PDA

View Full Version : Jarvis Jenkins injured

JD for breakfast
26.08.2011, 02:17 PM
Torn ACL so looks like his rookie season is done before it's even started. It's a real shame as he was having a great camp and was looking likely to make a big impact on our D-line this year. Wonder if we'll see a veteran replacement come in?

dstockydale
26.08.2011, 03:17 PM
Gutted for the guy - he seems to have a really good attitude and work ethic by all acounts.

On the upside it will leave a space for Worthington and/or Scott.

I really like the look of Worthington - he seems to put himself about a bit. A vet may be the way to go as these guys maybe a little raw at the moment but it means 1 less spot for one of the many young guys already fighting for a place.

I'd even maybe consider only having 2 QB's for the season in order to take an extra player at another position i.e. DE.

wuds100
26.08.2011, 04:54 PM
Gutted, Did not look good last night but was hoping it was just a sprain.

G_Redskin
26.08.2011, 07:09 PM
Thats bad for the guy.

I feel for him and wish him a full and speedy recovery.

Gman84
27.08.2011, 12:49 PM
Terrible news but always hard to belive you'll get through a season without injuries. What he needs to do now is rehab hard, use the season to learn through film study and watching from the sidelines and hopefully it'll be like having an extra draft pick in 2012 when he returns healthy.

my_friend_goo
27.08.2011, 01:20 PM
Crap news - by all accounts this guy was doing everything to show he was worth a second round pick and not the reach many claimed he was. Let's hope for a full recovery and an even better performance from him next season.

Boltonian
27.08.2011, 10:54 PM
Watched the 1st half and as soon as it showed the replay it looked
bad, he and the rest of the D were looking really good, hopefully he
will come back stronger next year.

P.S. Is it me but when the Skins play well in the most important
game of Pre-season all the pundits and fans of other teams
say its only pre-season, but when we play bad we are the
worst team in the league.

my_friend_goo
28.08.2011, 07:21 PM

I'm really hoping the Redskins make all of those fools picking them for #1 pick in the 2012 draft look like idiots. Although I'm tempering my expectations to a +/- 2 change to last year's 6-10 record, I am adamant that the Redskins will only get that pick via a trade.

Riggo
29.08.2011, 12:05 AM
Watched the 1st half and as soon as it showed the replay it looked
bad, he and the rest of the D were looking really good, hopefully he
will come back stronger next year.

Please don't become one of those fans that gets upset about the opinions of pundits or anyone else. The only "opinion" that counts is the scoreboard at the end of the game and W-L columns at the end of season. Nothing else matters.

my_friend_goo
29.08.2011, 11:37 AM
Please don't become one of those fans that gets upset about the opinions of pundits or anyone else. The only "opinion" that counts is the scoreboard at the end of the game and W-L columns at the end of season. Nothing else matters.

I fully understand why the Redskins have become an easy target during the reign of Dan Snyder. As a result, some pundits and NFL fans have stopped paying attention and wheel out the old comments whenever they have to discuss the Redskins. These people gave Shanahan a lot of flack over the McNabb and Haynesworth situations last year, calling the Redskins a dysfunctional franchise without even bothering to question why. There has been a shift in culture over in DC and it shows in this year's roster, even before the cuts. I'm hoping it pays off and shows up the lazy attitude of those who have made such judgements. But when all is said and done, all I care about is my Redskins fighting their way back to respectability and winning the games they should win. The pundits and idiot fans are, as you've pointed out, irrelevant.

Gman84
29.08.2011, 12:43 PM
I fully understand why the Redskins have become an easy target during the reign of Dan Snyder. As a result, some pundits and NFL fans have stopped paying attention and wheel out the old comments whenever they have to discuss the Redskins. These people gave Shanahan a lot of flack over the McNabb and Haynesworth situations last year, calling the Redskins a dysfunctional franchise without even bothering to question why. There has been a shift in culture over in DC and it shows in this year's roster, even before the cuts. I'm hoping it pays off and shows up the lazy attitude of those who have made such judgements. But when all is said and done, all I care about is my Redskins fighting their way back to respectability and winning the games they should win. The pundits and idiot fans are, as you've pointed out, irrelevant.

Completely agree, this is a "team" more than anytime in recent history. However, they'll only get credit if the wins come rolling in. I think this team can go 8-8 depending on QB play (better if one of Beck or Grossman exceeds expectations) which would be a 2 game improvement but the team and franchise as a whole will only start getting respect if they are a consistent play-off team.

my_friend_goo
29.08.2011, 01:18 PM
All the motivation a hungry young team needs to go out there and shut up the doubters:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/national-magazines-predict-redskins-will-stink/2011/08/28/gIQAIox7lJ_blog.html

The only matchups I am not looking forward to are the Jets, Patriots and Eagles.

Mike Shanahan has a history of winning, a history of success and whilst it was at its peak with John Elway, he still won games with other QBs. Bottom of the league requires a combination of a bad roster, bad coaching and a lack of experience. There are other teams out there that potentially have a greater combination of all three, especially bad teams from last year with a new, unproven (or in some cases the same old) head coach.

Riggo
29.08.2011, 04:39 PM
All the motivation a hungry young team needs to go out there and shut up the doubters:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/national-magazines-predict-redskins-will-stink/2011/08/28/gIQAIox7lJ_blog.html

The only matchups I am not looking forward to are the Jets, Patriots and Eagles.

Mike Shanahan has a history of winning, a history of success and whilst it was at its peak with John Elway, he still won games with other QBs. Bottom of the league requires a combination of a bad roster, bad coaching and a lack of experience. There are other teams out there that potentially have a greater combination of all three, especially bad teams from last year with a new, unproven (or in some cases the same old) head coach.

I just came in here to post the same link you already have, just in case Boltonian needed something in print.

a snippet:

Here’s ESPN the Magazine, which has the Redskins finishing at 3-13. The Redskins have won as few as 3 games just once in the past 47 NFL seasons, back in Heath Shuler’s rookie year. I mean, no rational observer really thinks this is one of the two worst Redskins teams in 47 years, right and
Well, Phil Steele evidently does. His magazine also has the Redskins finishing 3-13. and The Sporting News doesn’t. The Sporting News thinks the Redskins will be 2-14..

JD for breakfast
30.08.2011, 01:36 PM

This. Looking at our schedule I think we are going up against a lot of teams who are in a similar position to ourselves i.e. in a rebuilding/transitional phase. Teams like Carolina, Minnesota, Miami and Seattle have undergone overhauls in the off-season much like the Skins have, so who's to say if they are going to be any good? And the Bills usually stink anyway. I think we have looked better than all of those teams so far in pre-season. We've also been better than the Giants, who have injuries, and Cowboys, who are adjusting to a new D, so a better record than last seasons 6-10 is a definite possibility