PDA

View Full Version : Not that dissapointed

uksaint1964
09.09.2011, 12:23 PM
Ok after the inital bitter pill with the loss to the Packers, i think all Saints fans should take some possitives out of the performance.
My thoughts
1)We went into the current Superbowl chapions back yard and scored 34 points
2)We had 4th and less than a yard twice on the goal line. On another day we could have been a further 14 points up
3) Reggie who - Darren Sprolles looked awesome
4) Drew played ouyt of his skin and the last drive was a thing of beauty
5) Ingram did well (apart from not getting the last couple of inches) and i think he will have a massive season
6) If that game was played in NO we would have won (look at all the falling down and slips we had)

So after i finished crying in my beer i am a little happier
WHO DATT

DarrenSQh
09.09.2011, 05:22 PM
I felt the same really. Green Bay played the best the could and we played bad on D. With a few improvements we could take them.

The O is looking good for this season,

martin3026
09.09.2011, 06:35 PM
I think it was always gonna be a hard game, the odds were stacked against us, but there's a lot of work to be done.

Green bays game plan seemed to be play the first qtr as if they were 3 scores behind, hard and fast with no adjustement times. The Saints played the game, 3 scores behind and never had chance to dominate with the run.

DarrenSQh
11.09.2011, 08:22 PM
Todays results look to have let us off with Thursday.

saintsmikecfh
13.09.2011, 09:44 AM
even though we lost Can't ask for much more than that to open a season. Incredible game. Defenses gave up a lot of yards but there were still some huge hits at times.
Both Offenses were out of this world good. As far as the Defenses go, I think that it wasn't so much of them sucking but more of the Offenses being so incredible. We all know what kind of phenomenal talent both Rodgers and Brees have and also the receivers to back them up.

martin3026
13.09.2011, 11:27 AM
Having watched the Bears destroy the Falcons, this weeks game is gonna be tougher than i'd originally thought. Their D line completely owned the Falcons on Sunday and gave Matt Ryan no time to do anything (shame that).

In our favour is it's a home game and the home team crowd are gonna be fired up for the new season, it's gonna be loud!

uksaint1964
13.09.2011, 12:23 PM
I agree
The key to the game will be if we can stop Forte.
I hope Lance Moore is fit otherwise there will be a lot of pressure on Meachum and Graham.
The results could not have worked out any better on Sunday. So lets hope we can capatilize on this and beat the Bears.
Did you guys see the Pats on Monday? Wow Brady looked the best i have seen him for a long while
WHO DATT

the_walrus
13.09.2011, 12:34 PM
First off, I'd like to thank Chicago, Detroit and Arizona for bailing us out this week. In division terms, we're basically at square one, rather than minus one, so it could've been a lot worse.

I've been taking the Bears a bit lightly... And I'm going to continue to! Sure they smashed Atlanta, but I've never thought the Falcons were the "Greatest Shopw on Turf, Pt. 2" that other's seem to have anointed tham as. I'm not remotley surprised that they got slaughtered - Gonzalez is starting to look liek he should be retired soon, take away Roddy White and their receiving game is crippled, Ryan's proved how much he can choke in high pressure games... It goes on.

The Bears? They beat the Falcons, but let's not forget that Even Cleaveland can beat both us and the Patriots, and went 5-11. The ocasional upset happens, but providing we can avoid some schoolboy errors on D, I think we can comfortably take this one.

saintsno1
16.09.2011, 06:23 PM
Ok after the inital bitter pill with the loss to the Packers, i think all Saints fans should take some possitives out of the performance.
My thoughts
1)We went into the current Superbowl chapions back yard and scored 34 points
2)We had 4th and less than a yard twice on the goal line. On another day we could have been a further 14 points up
3) Reggie who - Darren Sprolles looked awesome
4) Drew played ouyt of his skin and the last drive was a thing of beauty
5) Ingram did well (apart from not getting the last couple of inches) and i think he will have a massive season
6) If that game was played in NO we would have won (look at all the falling down and slips we had)

So after i finished crying in my beer i am a little happier
WHO DATT

the same here

Legendary31
17.09.2011, 06:03 PM
The Saints were very close to beating the Packers even if their defense was disappointing.