PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic start

steven a h
12.09.2011, 09:13 PM
falcons were awful against the bears.the O line was awful could not block a drain.todd mcclure was badly missed. but it is the passD that gives me fits 3rd and long seems so easy to pick up against the falcons duanta robinson is a huge let down he is paid top 5 corner money and does not play like a top 50 corner a well hope there better against the eagles.

MichaelVick07
13.09.2011, 12:24 PM
Yeah was poor show, did find myself starting to get behind the hype. Massive let down will be tough next week as the Eagles have real weapons and could pick us apart if we don't improve. I like Robinson and am gutted to see his below average play for us. Give us a few games though I think we will settle in fine.

falcongirl75
13.09.2011, 08:48 PM
I wasn't expecting a win but I wasn't expecting such a poor performance. I think its going to be two or three games before the D is anywhere near where it needs to be.
Philly will be a tough game but we should win. Going 0-2 would be a real confidence killer.

menominee
15.09.2011, 12:03 AM
It's going to take some time for your organisation to come to terms with the beating we handed you in January. It was extraordinary. Not gloating because I've been there - Vick destroyed us in the playoffs at Lambeau a few years back - but if you can't rush the passer then you desperately need to address your frailties in the secondary.

mike_vick7
15.09.2011, 06:20 PM
It's going to take some time for your organisation to come to terms with the beating we handed you in January. It was extraordinary. Not gloating because I've been there - Vick destroyed us in the playoffs at Lambeau a few years back - but if you can't rush the passer then you desperately need to address your frailties in the secondary.

Our pass rushing in the bears game was good. Its the secondary that is below par. Dunta has proved nothing thus far, and don't let Grimes' number of picks fool you, he's no champ bailey. And Chris Owens? Can you say Chris Houston. DeCoud is sloid, but those two int drops were killer. Moore looks good, but needs time. We NEED decent cornerbacks, Dimitrov has ignored our BIGGEST weakness for three d@mn years. Genius my @ss.

Devilfalc
16.09.2011, 10:12 PM
It's not a talent issue, it's a coaching issue. The falcons have more talent than 90% of the teams in this league, but we have gutless, predictable co-ordinators who are too frightened to take chances.

Trading up for Julio Jones was also a MASSIVE mistake. I think he will be a great player, but we simply gave up way too much to get him and had muich bigger needs. The 5 picks we gave away should have ben upsed to draft a LT, and add depth at CB. We could have done that and had picks left to spare.

ianuk
17.09.2011, 09:30 AM
It's not a talent issue, it's a coaching issue. The falcons have more talent than 90% of the teams in this league, but we have gutless, predictable co-ordinators who are too frightened to take chances.

Trading up for Julio Jones was also a MASSIVE mistake. I think he will be a great player, but we simply gave up way too much to get him and had muich bigger needs. The 5 picks we gave away should have ben upsed to draft a LT, and add depth at CB. We could have done that and had picks left to spare.

I have got to agree with you, as much as I feel that Jones is a phenominal talent I feel with receivers you can get guys who are as effective in later rounds. I may be wrong but I can't recall the Colts and Saints drafting their receivers that high and certainly not at that cost.

As for the Coaches it bemuses me how we kept Mike Mularkey as Offensive co-ordinator when Josh Mcdaniels was available. To make it worse he said we needed to run the ball more last week and that is what they will attempt to do this week. If this is his game plan Mike Smith needs to pull him up because it means the big trade was a complete waste of time, we didn't draft Julio Jones to be a blocker.

mike_vick7
17.09.2011, 11:46 AM
What about those top corners in free agency? We passed on every one. I agree with the drafting of Julio, but we should have then gone out and got what we passed up in the draft, in free agency.

menominee
18.09.2011, 06:22 AM
I don't think you can read too much into the week 1 sack count. Da Bears O-line couldn't hold off a toddler with an artificial hip.