PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Orton as QB?

Jack Presley
22.11.2011, 08:59 PM
Kyle Orton just waived by Denver. Should the Redskins put in a claim? he's bad I know but probably better than Rex or Beck?

Aikman_8
22.11.2011, 09:46 PM
You guys are done for this year. I'd say bringing in Orton would be silly, you may as well stick with Rex and draft a QB in the draft. Not sure what he'd bring tbh.

Jack Presley
23.11.2011, 07:59 AM
You guys are done for this year. I'd say bringing in Orton would be silly, you may as well stick with Rex and draft a QB in the draft. Not sure what he'd bring tbh.

I agree this season's gone but what I was thinking was go for Orton to use as the vertern to guide/mentor the drafted QB next season in case he isn't ready to start straight away. I think he'd be a better option than having Rex do it.

Eiterh way it looks like Houston/Chicago look more likely options at this stage

my_friend_goo
23.11.2011, 12:25 PM
I agree this season's gone but what I was thinking was go for Orton to use as the vertern to guide/mentor the drafted QB next season in case he isn't ready to start straight away. I think he'd be a better option than having Rex do it.

Eiterh way it looks like Houston/Chicago look more likely options at this stage

The Cowboys fan speaks the truth. Also, better to have somebody well-versed in the system to mentor the rookie than a newbie. Rex, for all his flaws, fits that bill. A good player will rise above the flaws of their coaches/mentors.

That said, I've not seen any explicit denial that there's interest....

Riggo
23.11.2011, 02:14 PM
No Orton at this point.