PDA

View Full Version : Williams and Davis

JD for breakfast
10.12.2011, 11:35 AM
Will they both be back in 2012? Williams is still contracted so he's likely to return, although one more failed drugs test will see him sit out a whole season so he'll have to toe the line, but Davis is UFA and there are no guarantees for him. He's proved this season that he has the ability to be an elite recieving TE so I'm sure that Shanahan will make him an offer but it's going to be way short of what Davis would have got before the suspension

BAZILBARRY
10.12.2011, 08:21 PM
Will they both be back in 2012? Williams is still contracted so he's likely to return, although one more failed drugs test will see him sit out a whole season so he'll have to toe the line, but Davis is UFA and there are no guarantees for him. He's proved this season that he has the ability to be an elite recieving TE so I'm sure that Shanahan will make him an offer but it's going to be way short of what Davis would have got before the suspension
Doubt if both of them will be put out to grass.........

my_friend_goo
11.12.2011, 12:11 PM
Williams will be back. As already mentioned, he's under contract and was playing some of his best football so far prior to suspension. I'm not 100% opposed to the high second round pick being used on a good LT prospect if one is available, though. Someone to come in and fight Williams, the loser taking the RT spot. The competition would be good for them both.

Davis has been productive but not spectacular this year. He's not amongst the top TEs in the league at all. Depends on what is expected of Cooley this year. Davis will certainly be offered a reduced contract and he may well take it. The insiders on ExtremeSkins have pointed out that it was Bruce Allen, not the NFLPA, that was the driving force behind his suspension being only 4 games. Owes him one, perhaps?

JD for breakfast
11.12.2011, 03:02 PM
Davis has been productive but not spectacular this year. He's not amongst the top TEs in the league at all. Depends on what is expected of Cooley this year. Davis will certainly be offered a reduced contract and he may well take it. The insiders on ExtremeSkins have pointed out that it was Bruce Allen, not the NFLPA, that was the driving force behind his suspension being only 4 games. Owes him one, perhaps?

I never said he was among the top TE's, I said he's shown the ability to become one. He still has too many quiet games where he is unproductive but when Davis is playing well he's a mismatch for any defense and is capable of putting up big numbers. At the minute he's too inconsistent to be considered elite but there is definitely talent and potential there. I'd be happy to see him in B & G next season

my_friend_goo
11.12.2011, 04:53 PM
I never said he was among the top TE's, I said he's shown the ability to become one. He still has too many quiet games where he is unproductive but when Davis is playing well he's a mismatch for any defense and is capable of putting up big numbers. At the minute he's too inconsistent to be considered elite but there is definitely talent and potential there. I'd be happy to see him in B & G next season

Sorry - that was a general comment, not specifically aimed at you.

Unless somebody else offers him a big contract, I suspect he'll be back.