PDA

View Full Version : playoffs?

steven a h
16.12.2011, 09:54 PM
big win over jags 1 more win should get a wild card but could we beat the aints next week? and push them for the divison

Stubbsy #21
17.12.2011, 09:35 AM
Playoffs - Yes, we most likely will

Beat the aints - Yes we can

Win the division - Hardest of the three as it requires New Orleans to lose to the Panthers and/or the Vikings for it to happen. One of those could happen but both would be even more unlikely. I'm not totally sure of how we stack up against them with tiebreakers though.

ianuk
17.12.2011, 03:12 PM
I expect us to get a wild card play-off berth. I can see Atlanta beating Tampa on the final day although next week will be a tough one in New Orleans. I can't see the Saints losing to the Vikings or Carolina.

Whoever reaches the Superbowl from the NFC is going to have to go through either New Orleans or Green Bay. A possible revenge run maybe?

ianuk
18.12.2011, 06:24 PM
Is it right that even if Atlanta win all their remaining games New Orleans only need one more win to take the division?

saintsfan29
19.12.2011, 07:35 PM
Is it right that even if Atlanta win all their remaining games New Orleans only need one more win to take the division?

Yes. But are you guys gonna be able to contain the REAL new GSOT offense on Monday night?

For those that don't know, the Saints are way ahead of pace vs the Rams GSOT offense for most offensive yards in a single season. Looks like Shoddy White picked the wrong team in the NFC South to have the league's top offense :D

Stubbsy #21
20.12.2011, 01:19 PM
Yes. But are you guys gonna be able to contain the REAL new GSOT offense on Monday night?

For those that don't know, the Saints are way ahead of pace vs the Rams GSOT offense for most offensive yards in a single season. Looks like Shoddy White picked the wrong team in the NFC South to have the league's top offense :D

I think we'll do ok. Over the 60 minutes of regulation you managed 23 points. Only two teams have done better than that - the Bucs before they imploded and the Rams and look at where they are in their divisions. These games between us over the past couple of years have been pretty tight and I expect nothing less this time. We'll be well rested and should be back to full strength in the secondary.

As for Roddy White's comments all he was doing was showing support for his teammates and backing them. Ok so it hasn't worked out quite like that but there's nothing intrinsically wrong with backing your own team's ability.

Oh and good luck keeping hold of all of Colston, Meachem, Nicks, Porter, and Brees who I believe are all Free Agents in the offseason. Ain't going to be much cap space after Brees's new contract!

MichaelVick07
20.12.2011, 02:28 PM
Really looking forward to Saints game, always close games. We were unlucky in last meeting which we should have won, don't see us getting division now, bar some miraculous turnaround however confident we will get win needed to make wildcard then it's anyone?s. We are more than capable of beating the saints and as pointed out before our secondary will be back which although is not the strongest is underrated and will make a big difference.