PDA

View Full Version : crap

steven a h
27.12.2011, 11:44 PM
what an embaresment on national tv and head coach mike smiths bland crap for a press conference was just sad . we are about the 10 to 12th best team in the league and will be beat in the first round of the playoffs for the third time in four years.but if you have followed the falcons for 25 year like me these are the good times .i can not see us winning a playoff game this year .OH I HOPE I AM WRONG????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????

steven a h
27.12.2011, 11:46 PM
i hate the saints

Stubbsy #21
28.12.2011, 10:02 AM
I've waited a day to calm down and digest what happened. I'll put here some of what I posted in the gameday thread and see what you think.

"People are talking about running up the score. At the end of the day we couldn't stop them and they were going for a record. If it was just a 'normal' game then yeah I might of felt a bit sore about it.

At the end of the day we dropped two fairly easy picks that eventually lead to Saints Touchdowns. Also we were 1 for 5 I think in terms of touchdowns in the redzone which lead to 9 points from Field Goals. If we'd been more efficient in those things then yeah it may have been a closer game.

Look at the yardage in the game. We outgained the Saints but our defense unlike their could rarely make a stop when it mattered. That's similar to both the Packers and Patriots defenses. You can get yardage on them but when it matters they can do enough to stop teams.

One more thing I thought the refs were poor. Curtis Lofton gets flagged for 'helmet to helmet on a defenceless receiver' yet Malcolm Jenkins doesn't for clearly leading with his helmet into the back of Reggie Kelly. Show some consistency and flag both or neither of them. Also how did they miss Shaun Rodgers offside - he clearly jumped, we snapped and the quick pass was batted down yet a flag never appeared somehow and I think we went on to punt. Also i appreciate that you could probably call holding on any play but we got pinged multiple times and the Saints only once as there was holding on at least one TD pass if I remember correctly. This may sound like i'm bitter but show some consistency. Although all those probably weren't 29pts so probably would not have had an outcome on the game.
I've realised that this was the 2nd game we've been matched against the Saints on a big night of theirs the first of them being the 2006 reopening of the Superdome. If we can ever get in position to break a long standing record or something similar I just hope we get a chance for it to be at home against our closest rivals.

Finally I hope the Falcons just remember how that felt after the game and use it to stop it happening in 2 weeks as in all likelihood we'll back for more unless the 9ers don't turn up against the Rams or the Packers backups produce a victory against the Lions."

kingie16
28.12.2011, 11:28 AM
I've waited a day to calm down and digest what happened. I'll put here some of what I posted in the gameday thread and see what you think.

"People are talking about running up the score. At the end of the day we couldn't stop them and they were going for a record. If it was just a 'normal' game then yeah I might of felt a bit sore about it.

At the end of the day we dropped two fairly easy picks that eventually lead to Saints Touchdowns. Also we were 1 for 5 I think in terms of touchdowns in the redzone which lead to 9 points from Field Goals. If we'd been more efficient in those things then yeah it may have been a closer game.

Look at the yardage in the game. We outgained the Saints but our defense unlike their could rarely make a stop when it mattered. That's similar to both the Packers and Patriots defenses. You can get yardage on them but when it matters they can do enough to stop teams.

One more thing I thought the refs were poor. Curtis Lofton gets flagged for 'helmet to helmet on a defenceless receiver' yet Malcolm Jenkins doesn't for clearly leading with his helmet into the back of Reggie Kelly. Show some consistency and flag both or neither of them. Also how did they miss Shaun Rodgers offside - he clearly jumped, we snapped and the quick pass was batted down yet a flag never appeared somehow and I think we went on to punt. Also i appreciate that you could probably call holding on any play but we got pinged multiple times and the Saints only once as there was holding on at least one TD pass if I remember correctly. This may sound like i'm bitter but show some consistency. Although all those probably weren't 29pts so probably would not have had an outcome on the game.
I've realised that this was the 2nd game we've been matched against the Saints on a big night of theirs the first of them being the 2006 reopening of the Superdome. If we can ever get in position to break a long standing record or something similar I just hope we get a chance for it to be at home against our closest rivals.

Finally I hope the Falcons just remember how that felt after the game and use it to stop it happening in 2 weeks as in all likelihood we'll back for more unless the 9ers don't turn up against the Rams or the Packers backups produce a victory against the Lions."

hope you don't mind me psoting on here i was just interested to see your guys thoughts on the game.

I stayed up to watch this game Monday night, and i was really looking forward to it... and i wasn't dissapointed for 3 quarters.

I think you have a fair few positives to take from this game, for when you play them again in the playoffs (if you do)

First of all you didn't finish your drives in the red-zone however you should be able to see what you did wrong and what stalled you by looking back at the tape now, i could see you improving on this next time.

Bree's hadn't been INT for 5 games, you guys made two great plays to pick him off TWICE! the problem? you didn't get any points from those turnovers!

If your offense was more productive next time and you went to Roddy White instead of JJ more i think you'd stand a better chance...

THINK POSITIVE! :)

if not... we'll beat them for ya ;)

Stubbsy #21
28.12.2011, 02:49 PM
hope you don't mind me psoting on here i was just interested to see your guys thoughts on the game.

I stayed up to watch this game Monday night, and i was really looking forward to it... and i wasn't dissapointed for 3 quarters.

I think you have a fair few positives to take from this game, for when you play them again in the playoffs (if you do)

Not a problem - a neutral perspective is good. And I agree that there a couple of things we can take from the game.

First of all you didn't finish your drives in the red-zone however you should be able to see what you did wrong and what stalled you by looking back at the tape now, i could see you improving on this next time.

I agree we could improve here but penalties played their part as well. The refs were inconsistent although far be it for me to suggest that the League wanted to make sure the record took place then.

Bree's hadn't been INT for 5 games, you guys made two great plays to pick him off TWICE! the problem? you didn't get any points from those turnovers!

Not getting something off turnovers is a problem that has plagued us at various points this year. Also the game did highlight that we could use a ball hawking safety as in our two biggest losses each of our Safety's have each dropped two relatively easy picks. The Saints went on to score on both of those possessions so you could say that's a 14 pt swing even if he hadn't scored any points off those picks. For the most part it seems that Brees does save up his picks for us if you see the highlights from last years games.

If your offense was more productive next time and you went to Roddy White instead of JJ more i think you'd stand a better chance...

THINK POSITIVE! :)

if not... we'll beat them for ya ;)

Our offensive production in some way reflects our play calling - mixed up. Julio Jones was fairly productive although I would agree that Roddy White has been productive for a bit longer. There have been rumours that Jacksonville are interested in Mike Mularkey as their next head coach which i'd like to see as although I think he's been good for Matt Ryan's development I think we've reached the limit of what knowledge he can impart. And if Steve Spagnuolo does get fired in St Louis I'd like to see him as our DC although I think there could be some competition there.

If you do play them again you'll have most Falcons fans (including myself) on your side.

MichaelVick07
29.12.2011, 03:31 PM
We went out to make a statement and we did do that only problem was all it said was that we are not ready to challenge the elite. I do believe we are capable of beating anybody but we are just too inconsistent and as someone said before we can't make the stops/plays when they matter. Saints were what 10/13 on third down, and a lot of them were 3rd and long, we were three and out of both turnovers and had a costly fumble to kill the game. I want to see us concentrate what draft picks we have left to solidify the Defence particularly the secondary. we are in the tournament and right know that's all that matters but who are we in with, Saints, Packers, 49ers that?s a tough ask

mattchew
29.12.2011, 09:36 PM
Sorry to jump in - and I'm not gloating - but I don't think you guys are far off at all.
Sure the final score wasn't pretty but if you take away our last 2 TD's which pretty
much came in garbage time then it doesn't look quite as bad.

You can take some positives from the game.
Your 1st drive was really impressive and looked easy enough, ok it ended in a FG
but with different play calls next time could mean a TD.
You intercepted Drew twice and should have been 4 times.
Basically everything that could have gone wrong for you guys did and we had plenty go
our way..
It doesn't take a great deal to change these things around and given the choice I would rather
sh** the bed in the reg season than in the playoffs.

Shudder... it seems like I've been too kind so I won't wish you well for the postseason ... adios!

MichaelVick07
29.12.2011, 11:07 PM
Sorry to jump in - and I'm not gloating - but I don't think you guys are far off at all.
Sure the final score wasn't pretty but if you take away our last 2 TD's which pretty
much came in garbage time then it doesn't look quite as bad.

You can take some positives from the game.
Your 1st drive was really impressive and looked easy enough, ok it ended in a FG
but with different play calls next time could mean a TD.
You intercepted Drew twice and should have been 4 times.
Basically everything that could have gone wrong for you guys did and we had plenty go
our way..
It doesn't take a great deal to change these things around and given the choice I would rather
sh** the bed in the reg season than in the playoffs.

Shudder... it seems like I've been too kind so I won't wish you well for the postseason ... adios!

:eek: has someone hijacked your profile HaHa

I See where your coming from and i do agree our problem seems to be that when we do whoopsie the bed (great turn of phrase) it's always on the big stage where we need the win.

ianuk
30.12.2011, 11:53 AM
Difficult to sum this season up with any other word but inconsistant. I look at the names on the roster and listen to opposition fans say that we are not that far off, then I think back to the performances against the Bears and Texans and wonder what the heck is going on. It can only be the co-ordinators play calling.

The wins on the road to Detroit and Jacksonville were possibly the best wins and we might have beaten New Orleans in the Dome in OT had we called a better play but other than that I have watched every game nervously knowing that we will never get the pleasure that fans of the Saints or Packers get when their offenses are allowed to run up the score.

The offense has been called vanilla by pundits and fans and this is a true reflecton we have the talent, sure Roddy has been inconsistant until recently and Julio has taken time to settle in, but why has Harry Douglas been so under utalized? Why is it that New Orleans, Green Bay and the Giants can bring guys in no one has ever heard of and make them stars? like Nelson and Cruz.

Two co-ordinators I expect to be available come the end of season would be Josh Mcdaniels if Jeff Fisher becomes Head Coach in St Louis and San Diego's Clarence Shelman if Norv leaves the Chargers. These are both co-ordinators that I believe would give this offense that explosive element. As an outside choice what would people think of Green Bay's QB coach Tom Clements stepping up to OC?

As for the Defensive co-ordinators postion if they are going to bring someone new in then look no further than Spags. I read something interesting on another forum though that was written by Georgia Bulldog fans. They said that BVG likes to play an aggressive style defense that always pressures the QB, and that Atlanta's defense plays like the old Jacksonville defense which was coached by Mike Smith, (bend but not break). Is Smith calling the plays? If so let BVG do his job.

Stubbsy #21
30.12.2011, 02:24 PM
The wins on the road to Detroit and Jacksonville were possibly the best wins and we might have beaten New Orleans in the Dome in OT had we called a better play but other than that I have watched every game nervously knowing that we will never get the pleasure that fans of the Saints or Packers get when their offenses are allowed to run up the score.

Small point of order - Jacksonville was at home but I would agree those have been our best wins.

The offense has been called vanilla by pundits and fans and this is a true reflecton we have the talent, sure Roddy has been inconsistant until recently and Julio has taken time to settle in, but why has Harry Douglas been so under utalized? Why is it that New Orleans, Green Bay and the Giants can bring guys in no one has ever heard of and make them stars? like Nelson and Cruz.

Two co-ordinators I expect to be available come the end of season would be Josh Mcdaniels if Jeff Fisher becomes Head Coach in St Louis and San Diego's Clarence Shelman if Norv leaves the Chargers. These are both co-ordinators that I believe would give this offense that explosive element. As an outside choice what would people think of Green Bay's QB coach Tom Clements stepping up to OC?

As for the Defensive co-ordinators postion if they are going to bring someone new in then look no further than Spags. I read something interesting on another forum though that was written by Georgia Bulldog fans. They said that BVG likes to play an aggressive style defense that always pressures the QB, and that Atlanta's defense plays like the old Jacksonville defense which was coached by Mike Smith, (bend but not break). Is Smith calling the plays? If so let BVG do his job.

Have you been reading the forums on atlantafalcons.com? As i've seen similar stuff to that posted on there. Harry Douglas is a threat to go the distance whenever he touches the ball which is not enough!

I think the Eagles will throw whatever money it takes at Spagnuolo if he gets canned in St Louis. Here's a name that might surprise a few people - Mike Singletary. He should take some credit for shaping the 9ers D into what is now and I believe he worked under/with Mike Smith when he was in Baltimore.

If the Jags hire Mularkey as their head coach then I'd be happy to give any of those guys a try but would also look into Norv Turner if he gets booted from San Diego as he's a decent co-ordinator but not a head coach.

ianuk
30.12.2011, 03:04 PM
Small point of order - Jacksonville was at home but I would agree those have been our best wins.

Have you been reading the forums on atlantafalcons.com? As i've seen similar stuff to that posted on there. Harry Douglas is a threat to go the distance whenever he touches the ball which is not enough!

I think the Eagles will throw whatever money it takes at Spagnuolo if he gets canned in St Louis. Here's a name that might surprise a few people - Mike Singletary. He should take some credit for shaping the 9ers D into what is now and I believe he worked under/with Mike Smith when he was in Baltimore.

If the Jags hire Mularkey as their head coach then I'd be happy to give any of those guys a try but would also look into Norv Turner if he gets booted from San Diego as he's a decent co-ordinator but not a head coach.

Yes most of the fans on the Atlanta/NFL boards are starting to say the same thing with regards to Atlanta's co-ordinators. Good call on Mike Singletary.