PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys, Giants or Saints in week one of the play-offs

ianuk
31.12.2011, 08:09 PM
A lot of players and pundits in the Atlanta region have being coming out and saying how they want the Falcons to return to the Superdome in week one of the play-offs to put the record straight.

As things stand they will get their wish, but as a fan do you want this rematch believing that Atlanta are capable of beating New Orleans by a wide margin or do you want one of the easier trips (on paper at least) to either Texas or New York?

Personaly I can't see Atlanta beating New Orleans by a convincing scoreline to remove any doubt that the Saints are the better team this season. I would opt for the trip to Dallas as I don't fancy Atlanta's chances playing outdoors, in January, in New York. Though that route would surely lead to Lambeau Field.

MichaelVick07
01.01.2012, 04:07 PM
Either way we will have to go through Packers or Saints so pick your poison really. I would got through D/NY hopefully Cowboys as their offence is also wildly inconsistent and they have a leaky D at times so can see Ryan Jones/White putting up enough points. At least that way Ryan gets the best shot at getting his first playoff victory which hopefully will be a huge step in his development cause it is one he really needs to take that next step imo. Looking forward to whatever game it is cause I do think we are capable of beating anybody any given day just depends what team turns up.

Stubbsy #21
01.01.2012, 05:16 PM
There is still technically a possibility that we could play the 49ers next week if they slip up against the Rams.

Green Bay have kept Rodgers, Woodson and Clay Matthews inactive today so unless their backups can do something against the Lions we'll be #6 and likely back in the Sewerdome.

steven a h
03.01.2012, 02:07 AM
+ go falcons we can beat any of this lot be positive i can not wait for the game on sunday

MichaelVick07
03.01.2012, 01:50 PM
I'm feeling really positive about getting the Giants if we can get Turner going it's a more than winnable game. only worry is the pass rush of the Giants but if we can hold that off i think we could do some damage to an at times struggling Giants secondary

georgia dome
05.01.2012, 10:16 PM
I`m looking forward to the game too,
i think that the giants will be a more winable game for us at the moment?
Who knows maybe a trip back to the saints maybe on the cards? We will of gained more momentum by that point so who knows,
if we can keep turner going he`ll pound that giants line,

go falcons...........:)

the_walrus
06.01.2012, 11:26 AM
Saw the thread title & thought I'd drop a couple of pennies.

First off, ATL/NYG is going to be a great game for neutrals, and those with a lot invested in the result. Really looking forward to it! Personally I'd rather we get the Giants than you lot, just because they have fewer weapons to keep track of. Looks like a really tough schedule when you consider you're going to have to come back to the Dame (after we thumped ya twice, and haven't lost this season!), then to Green Bay, in the open, in January with a QB who is used to playing in a dome... I'd say you've got the toughest route to the Super Bowl of any team the way it's shaped up.

Still, should be a cracker this weekend!

ianuk
06.01.2012, 12:31 PM
I can't wait for this game, a playoff game that Atlanta can and should win but one which would raise serious questions should they lose.

A lot has been said about Matt Ryan outdoors and in the cold. While stats from past seasons show that he performs better at home in the comfort of the Dome, he grew up playing High school football in Philadelphia and then played 4 years college football in Boston. He has played most of his football outdoors in cold weather cities so common sense says he should feel at home being in NY.

With regards to the Falcons route to the SB, yes it couldn't be more difficult but at least if we win it then nobody will be able to say that we only got their due to playing the easier teams and that we are not true champions.

duffweiser
06.01.2012, 04:20 PM
Am i right in thinking that Saints , Falcons can only meet in the championship game - saints will play niners if we beat detroit , meaning falcons go to Green Bay if they beat the Giants, what a championship game that would be ( if it happens off course)

ianuk
06.01.2012, 04:25 PM
Am i right in thinking that Saints , Falcons can only meet in the championship game - saints will play niners if we beat detroit , meaning falcons go to Green Bay if they beat the Giants, what a championship game that would be ( if it happens off course)

Yes if my memory serves me correctly.