PDA

View Full Version : QB For Next Season??

Whitey1990
13.01.2012, 01:20 PM
As it says in the title - Who should Tennessee have as their starting quaterback for next Season?

THE_TITAN
13.01.2012, 05:45 PM
I hope it's Jake Locker, he's had time to progress and learn behind Hasselbeck and now he has to take charge.

mde203
14.01.2012, 12:28 PM
I'd like to see Locker get his chance. realistically, the Titans are still a year or two away from calling themselves contenders, especially in the AFC South with two very strong teams (potentially, depending on what the Colts do this offseason) next year.

Locker was the best QB coming out last year (in my opinion), and he has shown the ability to be a very good starter when he has had chances in Tennessee. He'll take time to develop, and you'll have some games where he throws a few picks and his completion percentage doesn't look so good, but he's got the ability to win you a lot of games.

Hasselbeck has been a good stop-gap, and I'd expect him to stick around as a back-up next year, but Locker is the future, and that needs to start soon.

Renegade Steeler
14.01.2012, 03:23 PM
I'd like to see Locker get his chance. realistically, the Titans are still a year or two away from calling themselves contenders, especially in the AFC South with two very strong teams (potentially, depending on what the Colts do this offseason) next year.

Locker was the best QB coming out last year (in my opinion), and he has shown the ability to be a very good starter when he has had chances in Tennessee. He'll take time to develop, and you'll have some games where he throws a few picks and his completion percentage doesn't look so good, but he's got the ability to win you a lot of games.

Hasselbeck has been a good stop-gap, and I'd expect him to stick around as a back-up next year, but Locker is the future, and that needs to start soon.

I would agree with everthing you have just said, the sooner Locker is the starter the better as we can all see that he is going to be the future of the franchise.

KENDALL3T
16.01.2012, 02:01 PM
Locker needs to be the starter, his mobility will open up the running game which obviously helps CJ & he's already shown that he can make consistent throws

Whitey1990
17.01.2012, 01:34 PM
I would love to see Locker as the starter - I rekon that he has learned a lot from Hasselbeck over the past year, and would be the best hope for us to make the playoffs.

I do however think he need to work on his passing accuracy when in the pocket - but with his ability to run and create chances - i think he is the man for the job.

Titan4Life
17.01.2012, 02:04 PM
It HAS to be Jake Locker as the starting QB next season, hes been preparing on the sidelines all this season, will have the whole off-season and pre-season to prepare for what hopefully will be a very productive 2012!
It has to be said that Jake has looked brilliant this past season when been called upon.
The future is bright in Tennessee :)