PDA

View Full Version : congratulations on getting your franchise quarterback

kev macca
10.03.2012, 08:46 AM
st louis rams have accepted three first round picks 2012 2013 2014 for the second pick in the nfl draft.
washington redskins will draft rg3 congratulations on getting your franchise qb im gutted the browns showed so little ambition yet again. i suspect he will be a big star for years to come

Andyf
10.03.2012, 09:36 AM
Its actually more likely that the Rams were sure they'd get who they wanted at 6; so why not get more back for the same guy?

Blackmon perhaps?

my_friend_goo
10.03.2012, 11:45 AM
Although nothing is certain until he takes the field and proves he's every bit the talent he was in college in the NFL, this is exciting news to me.

Once the shock of the cost subsides, of course....

Still, sometimes you've just got to have that shiny new toy. You know you can afford to pay for it, but you know you've been fleeced all the same and you've had to make sacrifices and will continue to have to make them.

But it's yours and it's shiny!

Harwich Hog
19.03.2012, 12:40 PM
I've come to terms with the cost of the trade pretty quickly.

Players become better if the team they're on has a franchise quarterback. As such a second-round pick could easily have the same impact as a first-round pick, and so on. That's not the mention the other ten years of first round draft picks we'll still have if RG3 (or Luck) ends up playing 12-13 years.

redskinner68
19.03.2012, 09:16 PM
The crazy thing is the browns have got 2 first round picks this year so if they had been prepared to bite the bullet a bit they might have been able to do a deal for RG3. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining :D,but if the browns have another poor year and RG3 has a promising year it's going to leave a bitter taste in the 'pound.

kev macca
19.03.2012, 10:56 PM
The crazy thing is the browns have got 2 first round picks this year so if they had been prepared to bite the bullet a bit they might have been able to do a deal for RG3. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining :D,but if the browns have another poor year and RG3 has a promising year it's going to leave a bitter taste in the 'pound.

We matched your offer rams wanted to trade with you not us their decision

Harwich Hog
19.03.2012, 11:48 PM
We matched your offer rams wanted to trade with you not us their decision

I think the relationship between the front offices helped. That the Redskins were up front about their offer from the outset was a big factor in my opinion. Rumoured to have been agreed in principle at the combine. The Browns were content to drive the harder bargain for too long.

What may also have been a consideration is what the respective first rounders could turn into. If the Rams think the Redskins are going to suck for another couple of seasons they're pocketing three high first rounders. Cleveland offered two earlies (2012 #4 and their 2013) and a late first rounder (their 2012 #22).