PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Luck

Little General
22.03.2012, 07:31 PM
Snyder and Shananhan are both watching Andrew Luck at pro day at Stanford.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20120322/SPORTS03/120322029/Andrew-Luck-Pro-Day-Colts-GM-Grigson-coach-Pagano-not-QB-s-workout

Chuck Pagno was watching RGIII yesterday.

could the Colts pull a fast one and pick RGIII as first pick, leaving the Skins with Luck?

or am i reading too much into it?i would prefer to see RGIII at Skins.

Harwich Hog
23.03.2012, 03:58 PM
Snyder and Shananhan are both watching Andrew Luck at pro day at Stanford.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20120322/SPORTS03/120322029/Andrew-Luck-Pro-Day-Colts-GM-Grigson-coach-Pagano-not-QB-s-workout

Chuck Pagno was watching RGIII yesterday.

could the Colts pull a fast one and pick RGIII as first pick, leaving the Skins with Luck?

or am i reading too much into it?i would prefer to see RGIII at Skins.

I think physically, Robert Griffin fits our scheme better.

Luck is still pretty athletic and mentally he's further along than any QB since Peyton Manning (perhaps even Peyton himself). I think he ran the 40 in a similar time to Cam Newton. Obviously he's not as shifty as Cam but he's certainly no slouch. So think Aaron Rodgers skillset with Peyton Manning's head on his shoulders. There's a reason why he's thought of as the superior prospect.

I'll be a touch disappointed if we don't get RG3 as i've got to know him and got used to the thought of him in B&G.

tbaac
23.03.2012, 09:57 PM
I guess we're all getting used to the idea of RG3 being our QB soonish, but if we got Luck I think we'd get over the disappointment :)

I did think from seeing the Pro Day brief highlights that RG3 looked and sounded more charismatic, which may be a good thing. But Luck will presumably be alright once he gets settled somewhere.

Did you see the story about RG3 having proposed in the sports hall where his Pro Day was held? :cool:

size38waist
24.03.2012, 09:15 AM
After watching both Pro Day's this week i was impressed with both of them. Luck throwing in strong winds and the Accuracy of RG3 was fantastic and going to prove more that he isnt just athletic but a very capable thrower.

Its a win win situation, Luck will fit in anywear and will be ready day 1 but RG3 looks like he will suit the skins more and if im honest looks more of a all round package.
The Colts will def take Luck and im very very happy with RG3 and hope it pans out this way!

tbaac
24.03.2012, 09:20 AM
I noticed that in RG3's Pro Day he was 'under center' at the start of each "play". The story goes that Baylor use pistol formation and that some people have said "Ooo, it could take him a while to learn dropping backwards and reading defences at the same time".

Coincidence?

Harwich Hog
24.03.2012, 11:23 AM
Yeah Tebow's pro day was the same. It's their opportunity to answer criticism.

Luck was the same. People questioned his arm strength so he finished the day launching it 70 yards :eek:

tbaac
24.03.2012, 02:46 PM
That was 70 yards downwind I thought?

Its still impressive but I thought it was his work into the wind that had impressed people more?

As you said though, its all staged and there's no defence to get in the way :p