PDA

View Full Version : Lets get optimistic!

StevenMccormick12
04.04.2012, 03:18 PM
Any Texans on here at all anymore?

colonelp
06.04.2012, 04:58 PM

I feel for you bud. They are a good team who are on the rise so not sure why there aren't many followers on here

nikford1
17.04.2012, 09:51 AM
Hi there im a texan fan and new to nfl im suprised there not more texans fans on here considering the great season we have just had. its great to know theres other texans out there!!! :)

colonelp
17.04.2012, 10:37 AM
Hi there im a texan fan and new to nfl im suprised there not more texans fans on here considering the great season we have just had. its great to know theres other texans out there!!! :)

Hey mate. So what got you into the NFL and how did you come to choose the Texans?

nikford1
17.04.2012, 05:35 PM
Hey mate. So what got you into the NFL and how did you come to choose the Texans?
Hi mate i use to watch nfl on channel 4 years ago as a kid but never really got to grips with the sport its only the last couple of year watching the games on sky sport that ive really knuckle down and try to understand the game. The reason ive choosen the texans as my team is i see the texans as a project i dont like jumping on the bandwagon and support the new england patroit just because the word england in there or other teams just because of there history i think our time will come soon well i hope hahaha

colonelp
17.04.2012, 07:46 PM
I can totally relate to that. I also used to watch it on c4 back in the day but i didnt really have a good understanding of the game. It's only recently that my knowledge has improved so hopefully soon enough, my understanding will progresd more towards the strategic and tactical side of the game.

nikford1
18.04.2012, 08:30 PM
I can totally relate to that. I also used to watch it on c4 back in the day but i didnt really have a good understanding of the game. It's only recently that my knowledge has improved so hopefully soon enough, my understanding will progresd more towards the strategic and tactical side of the game.

i find that sometime the whole tactics and strategys of the game over faces me . i just wish it was as simple as playing the madden games!!!!!!

nikford1
19.04.2012, 04:12 PM

Hi Mate how long have you been a texan fan? and do you think we can do better than last year?

StevenMccormick12
20.04.2012, 07:59 PM
I have 2 teams
NFC- 49ers AFC- Texans and I know that is weird to a lot of people but I am a bit of a casual NFL fan with 'Soccer' being my 1st sport

49ers were my first team because I have relatives in San Fran then in Baltimore this year (only been into NFL for 2) I really liked the Texans watched back some games and enjoyed them immensely. Arian Foster is my man , follow him on twitter if you have it he is brilliant!

Going to be tough the offense will still be productive but Williams & Ryans were big losses on D. Still looking at schedule I say 10-6 at best wildcard at worst

nikford1
21.04.2012, 10:46 AM
I have 2 teams
NFC- 49ers AFC- Texans and I know that is weird to a lot of people but I am a bit of a casual NFL fan with 'Soccer' being my 1st sport

49ers were my first team because I have relatives in San Fran then in Baltimore this year (only been into NFL for 2) I really liked the Texans watched back some games and enjoyed them immensely. Arian Foster is my man , follow him on twitter if you have it he is brilliant!

Going to be tough the offense will still be productive but Williams & Ryans were big losses on D. Still looking at schedule I say 10-6 at best wildcard at worst

Soccer/football my 1st sport as well im a man utd fan which team do you support? Arian Foster was awsome last season it be interesting to see what a fit again andre johnson will do!

StevenMccormick12
22.04.2012, 09:50 PM
I am a Celtic fan and yeah Foster has been great and very excited to see Andre Johnson fit again maybe even with a new receiver from the draft opposite him

nikford1
30.04.2012, 11:26 AM
I am a Celtic fan and yeah Foster has been great and very excited to see Andre Johnson fit again maybe even with a new receiver from the draft opposite him

Sorry for the late reply been on holiday!!! theres some connection between United and Celtic well done on winnig the league! would you be gutted if rangers went into liquidation?

StevenMccormick12
30.04.2012, 03:16 PM
Thanks, big game tonight for your boys at City!! As for rangers wouldn't miss them at all. What do you make of Texans draft?

HammersTexans
01.05.2012, 10:51 AM
First post on NFLUK and can?t think of a better one to get started on than here. I have been following the Texans for the last three years, this will be my fourth and I really feel we are in a position to do some damage next year and make a legitimate run at the Super Bowl, I think it tells you how far the franchise has come that a lot of people would nod their heads at that statement in agreement rather than raise their eyebrows and laugh. If Shaub had not gone down last year I think we could have had a serious run at it then, we were an experienced QB away from beating the ravens that?s for sure. My brother is a Ravens fan so I watched a lot of them on the gamepass and I never saw a team compete with them like we did at the end there, Flacco looked like he wanted to run and hide.

We have the best running back in the league in Arian Foster, backed up by one of the break out running backs of last season in Tate, the pair of them adding up to the best one-two combo in the league. We have one of the best defences around with pro bowl calibre players in Cushing, Barwin, Watt, and Joseph leading the line, which just got stronger in the draft with another ferocious pass rusher. We have the 2nd best wide receiver in the league, hurts not to say Dre is number 1 anymore but Calvin Johnson led the way last year and Dre got injured, got a feeling Dre is going to have a lot of built up fire in his system to release nest year- lets see who is considered number 1 receiver this time next year. Last season we looked a bit short on offense when Dre went down but through the draft and free agency we seem to have added a new dimension to our offense, got some fast young guns in, look out for Dwight Jones and particularly LeStar Jean to make a real fight to make the team, Jean was really imporesive in camp last season before he got hurt and the coaches loved him. We have Shaub returning, a guy that knows our offense inside out and has the quality to lead a team to the super bowl, however if he does get injured again then Yates now has a season of NFL experience including a playoff win in his locker plus a proper off season to take snaps as QB2 and get better.

Is that optimistic enough? I?m predicting a Texans Bengals championship game, followed by a Texans San Fran Super Bowl. Lets get ready for Ballsonparade to ride again, going to be a great season I can feel it.

nikford1
01.05.2012, 05:10 PM
Thanks, big game tonight for your boys at City!! As for rangers wouldn't miss them at all. What do you make of Texans draft?

we never turned up last night:eek:, hope newcastle can do us a favour!!! Im still trying to get up to speed regarding how the drafts work, Mercilus seems fairly decent of what ive seen of him on youtube whats your view of what we have selected?

StevenMccormick12
01.05.2012, 06:34 PM
That is definitely optimistic enough! Love the pick of Mercilius a great looking pass rusher to add to a number of guys we already have in Barwin & Watt and of course Cushing who I imagine will step up and be a real leader after loss of Mario and Ryans

Brooks is also a great pick but more impressive is Crick who if it weren't for injury would have been a first round/early second at worst pick. Got terrific value there

As for the 'soccer' last night if I was a United fan I would feel mugged by Fergie as I feel he bottled it and set up for a draw but Newcastle is an incredibly tough game for City so you might have lost the battle but wouldn't be surprised if you won the war in the end

As we Celtic fans say keep the faith!

nikford1
08.05.2012, 09:13 AM
Great post Hammers texans like your passion!!!

Packman12
08.05.2012, 09:15 AM
Houston Texans Superbowl XLVII runners up!

nikford1
08.05.2012, 09:20 AM
That is definitely optimistic enough! Love the pick of Mercilius a great looking pass rusher to add to a number of guys we already have in Barwin & Watt and of course Cushing who I imagine will step up and be a real leader after loss of Mario and Ryans

Brooks is also a great pick but more impressive is Crick who if it weren't for injury would have been a first round/early second at worst pick. Got terrific value there

As for the 'soccer' last night if I was a United fan I would feel mugged by Fergie as I feel he bottled it and set up for a draw but Newcastle is an incredibly tough game for City so you might have lost the battle but wouldn't be surprised if you won the war in the end

As we Celtic fans say keep the faith!

I thought fergie got tatics wrong ji sung park? no valencia? one game to go oh well ill be certainly keeping the faith you never know in football. whats your take on the new squad for 2012. cheerleaders that is haha:D

StevenMccormick12
10.05.2012, 11:08 AM
haha yeah on to important matters the cheerleaders :D wow!! What is even more unbelievable is the amount of beautiful girls who couldn't get on the squad :eek:

nikford1
11.05.2012, 09:42 AM
Does anyone like the new nike kit for the coming season?

TexansTaylor
25.05.2012, 11:07 AM

Yeah Man. Just having a break from the forums in the off season. I tend to get involved around August time again when the pre season kicks in.

Very Happy with last season. Great result being Division champions and enjoyed the play offs.

I always enjoy the draft and this Year was especially good with all the great players entering the NFL from College Football. I love College Football aswell so it is great to see alot of the big names entering the NFL for next season.

I think we did Ok in the draft but the Texans are a bit thin on the WR position though. Hope the new players work out especially Posey as he has potential and we need him to support AJ.

Bring on next Season:D

colonelp
12.06.2012, 09:23 PM
Just found this article about how classy the Texans are as an organisation...some nice comments http://torotimes.com/2012/05/30/the-houston-texans-nba-counterpart/