PDA

View Full Version : Redskins holiday plan

Jarvatron
27.05.2012, 07:16 PM
Hi Redskins fans,

The below was recently posted in the 'NFL in the UK' thread, unforunately with little interest. Therefore, as it involves your team, I thought I'd try my luck with a specific forum. It basically regards visiting America in November to take in a couple of NFL games. I'm looking for someone to go with, as I don't have any friends that follow the game...

I've discovered two other teams that are relatively in the vicinity of each other, closer than I initially thought anyway. M&T Bank Stadium and Fedex field are separated by just a 45 minute car journey and I've discovered the possibility of attending a game at each stadium, during the same weekend, due to the following:

Steelers @ Ravens 02/12/12
Giants @ Redskins 03/12/12 MNF

Both tasty divisional encounters and stadiums that I would personally prefer to visit.

I've worked out that the total cost going it alone, without the use of an operator, could be as low as just 800, a bargain as I have also factored in ticket prices.

So Ravens/Redskins fans, get in touch if you'd fancy it and perhaps we could arrange something?

my_friend_goo
27.05.2012, 09:07 PM
I'd love to, but unfortunately I'm due to become a father very shortly so any trip this year is out of the question.

However, I'd love to hear the details of your trip - cost of flights, where you stay, etc. as I'm saving up to take my dad next year and am doing as much research as possible to know when to go and how much to expect to pay.

Jarvatron
28.05.2012, 11:34 AM
I'd love to, but unfortunately I'm due to become a father very shortly so any trip this year is out of the question.

However, I'd love to hear the details of your trip - cost of flights, where you stay, etc. as I'm saving up to take my dad next year and am doing as much research as possible to know when to go and how much to expect to pay.

No worries at all, consider it done, I like to think that I can be of use to fellow fans. I'll keep you up to date as and when the booking process is further along.

my_friend_goo
28.05.2012, 07:35 PM
I made a trip out in 2008 and used expedia for flights and hotel (stayed at the Marriott nr Dupont Circle in DC) and used TicketsNow for tickets. I'm thinking next time maybe staying outside of central DC, but in a place with good metro connections (possibly Arlington) to bring costs down slightly. Having looked a few times since the schedule was announced, I know it is possible to get a deal where the hotel and flights would be cheaper than buying the flights alone.

I'd probably use a resell site for tickets, but only for the peace of mind of having the tickets in my hand before leaving the UK. Sure, it would be cheaper to use Craigslist or buy through someone on Extremeskins, but there's always that bit of doubt.

Riggo
01.06.2012, 07:25 PM
It would be nice to hear about your experiences.