PDA

View Full Version : Nashville

saintsmikecfh
15.06.2012, 06:24 PM
hi all iam doing a Sports Travel Tours and my last 5 days are in Nashville
i fly in on Tuesday 30th October and Sunday 4th November Chicago Bears @ Tennessee Titans go titans what is there to do in my Free Days whats the best bars /clubs places to eat things to do etc

charleybear
16.06.2012, 01:10 PM
I don't know anything personally

But I use a website which I find very useful, and I'm sure you will get plenty of helpful info from some of the members

www.city-data.com/forum

If you go to that, scroll to the tennessee forum, and there will be a nashville sub forum. If you post in there, your bound to get some help.

unknown brother
19.06.2012, 08:22 PM
I love Nashville. I was there just last week for the CMA Music Festival and loved everyday I was there.

I had a walk around the Country Music Hall of Fame which is pretty cool, but I'm not really in to "old" Country so probably wasn't as enamoured as others may have been.

I went to the Hard Rock Cafe, across the river from LP Field, they have the best chicken wings I've had. Other than that I didn't spend much time away from my hotel, the few bars I visited and LP Field, where the festival took place.

The locals and thousands of Americans and international music fans I met were awesome to hang out with. I'm definitely going back at least twice, next years festival and at a time when it's normal.

rdwngs
26.06.2012, 08:12 PM
Just got back from Nashville today! Was only over for a concert so didn't have much time to spend there but all the bars downtown were pretty awesome. The atmosphere is just incredible so you really can't go wrong!

Dolphin_Akie
28.06.2012, 09:09 PM
Just got back from Nashville today! Was only over for a concert so didn't have much time to spend there but all the bars downtown were pretty awesome. The atmosphere is just incredible so you really can't go wrong!

Girlfriend really wants to go to Nashville so hoping to take her next year when the Titans are playing.

rdwngs
30.06.2012, 03:42 PM
Well worth going, you'll both absolutely love it. Probably up there as my favourite place I've been in the States, and I've been to quite a few places!

bluelionman
15.07.2012, 12:20 AM
Well worth going, you'll both absolutely love it. Probably up there as my favourite place I've been in the States, and I've been to quite a few places!

Really - where else you been just so I can guage how awesome Nashville is going to be should you have been to other cities I have so can marry up your best with my tatse's. So far my fav city has probably been San Fran, CA and worst *Charlotte, NC - *but this is purely down to personal experiences - not so much the city... didn't get to see much of down town due to where I was staying and terrible weather the weekend I was in Charlotte so kind of unfair for me to put others off the place.

Also what did Nashville have or you do to make it #1 thus far for you?

rdwngs
10.08.2012, 12:15 PM
Really - where else you been just so I can guage how awesome Nashville is going to be should you have been to other cities I have so can marry up your best with my tatse's. So far my fav city has probably been San Fran, CA and worst *Charlotte, NC - *but this is purely down to personal experiences - not so much the city... didn't get to see much of down town due to where I was staying and terrible weather the weekend I was in Charlotte so kind of unfair for me to put others off the place.

Also what did Nashville have or you do to make it #1 thus far for you?

Sorry, I've just seen this now! A list of places I've been in the USA:
Anaheim, San Diego, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, New York City, New Jersey, Orlando, Tampa, Houston.

Well I was in Nashville to see my favourite country singer in concert so I guess that made the trip even better. Plus he gave me a signed Tennessee Titans football helmet another bonus point for Nashville! But downtown Nashville was just such a cool place, the atmosphere was amazing, lots of great bars playing live country music. It just had a completely different "feel" to any city I've ever been in. But I love the whole country music scene so that's probably why I found it so great.

bearsfanuk
22.08.2012, 09:55 PM
Just booked to go to titans v bears game in November too :)

rdwngs
23.08.2012, 10:01 AM
Great stuff! Hope you have as much fun as I did. LP Field is just a short walk from Downtown so plenty to do after the game! :cool:

E.G.2802
23.08.2012, 10:09 AM
What was Houston like, would love to go there and especially Reliant Stadium

rdwngs
23.08.2012, 10:13 AM
Houston was great! But mainly because of the people I met. I was staying in midtown which had a lot of cool bars and met lots of great people. I was gonna go down to Reliant Stadium but didn't go for some reason. Will be going back again in Feb though so will probably check it out then!

E.G.2802
23.08.2012, 10:18 AM
Great!!!!!:D definitely will go in the next couple of years

bluelionman
23.08.2012, 12:07 PM
Well I am all booked up - just need to get game ticket but flying over on 20th September and booked into a brand new hostel just opened up downtown:

http://www.nashvilledowntownhostel.com/

I like hosteling as I love to meet other travelers - being a single dude traveling on my own - plus saves me money over a hotel allowing for longer tours - in this case 7 weeks as opposed to 4! :cool:

rdwngs
23.08.2012, 01:29 PM
Wish I'd known about that hostel when I was there! The one I stayed in was good but a bit out of the way.

Whitey1990
25.08.2012, 08:53 AM
I have booked up to spend a month traveling from New York to Los Angeles next summer. One of the main places i want to visit is Nashville - it looks awesome! Even though its out of NFL season, i cant wiat to Visit LP Field. i shall remember it for the rest of my life

British Bulldawg
31.08.2012, 05:40 PM
Just over the bridge from downtown and you are at the stadium.

Places I loved Country Music hall of fame, spent a few hours in there.

The Grand ole opry

Nashville Predators hockey

I remember a football museum but cant remember where it was again, everything is so close it is unreal.

Guided walk tour around town was great, and day trip to Jack Daniels Distillery.

I went close to Dec and did this christmas lights tour of houses- I have never seen anything like it in my life. They really do go to town well over the top on it.

Have to try the old fashion coke they do in this old ice cream place on main street.

Trailer Park bar was great.

Every pub has a singer in it on a night and I swear even the tramps had guitars and were knocking a few notes out.

Is a great place really friendly people

Whitey1990
10.09.2012, 09:35 AM
Just over the bridge from downtown and you are at the stadium.

Places I loved Country Music hall of fame, spent a few hours in there.

The Grand ole opry

Nashville Predators hockey

I remember a football museum but cant remember where it was again, everything is so close it is unreal.

Guided walk tour around town was great, and day trip to Jack Daniels Distillery.

I went close to Dec and did this christmas lights tour of houses- I have never seen anything like it in my life. They really do go to town well over the top on it.

Have to try the old fashion coke they do in this old ice cream place on main street.

Trailer Park bar was great.

Every pub has a singer in it on a night and I swear even the tramps had guitars and were knocking a few notes out.

Is a great place really friendly people

Sounds brilliant!