PDA

View Full Version : Opening day wager?

Riggo
07.08.2012, 09:29 PM
Who's up for some kind of opening day bet?

Saints are the better team, but I think the off-season turmoil will prove too much and the lowly Redskins with their unproven rookie QB will seize the day.

Think about it.

martin3026
08.08.2012, 01:02 AM
A rookie QB in the superdome on the first game of the season and you're expecting a win .... I guess you've never experienced how loud that stadium is, even seasoned QB's struggle and thats not opening day!

Add to that the pent up frustration the players are feeling, it's gonna be a blood bath.

Packman12
08.08.2012, 09:19 AM
Who's up for some kind of opening day bet?

Saints are the better team, but I think the off-season turmoil will prove too much and the lowly Redskins with their unproven rookie QB will seize the day.

Think about it.

I like your confidence, misplaced though it maybe!

Brees and the Saints feel they have been wronged and they will come out all guns blazing.
And like Martin states, that stadium is loud man, seasoned pros could freeze in that arena let alone a rookie in his first start on a bad team!

Saints 51 Redskins 17

Your only concern should be the bounty they have on RGIII.

DarrenSQh
08.08.2012, 10:29 AM
I think we will beat the Redskins comfortably. The Dome is gonna be rocking and I hope the team use a waterboy style imagining every redskin player was Roger Goodell to play harder.

If the game was away at Fedex i wouldnt be so confident but its been quite a while since anyone was won in the Dome.

the_walrus
08.08.2012, 02:32 PM
Comfortable Saints win, but not the massacre a lot of people are excpecting.
17 - 31/35 I'd guess. And RG3 will have a lot of problems in the Dome, it'll be a baptism of fire but will stand him in good stead for the rest of the season - get your mistakes in early, in a game nobody really expects you to win.

the_walrus
12.08.2012, 12:00 AM
I've started toying with the idea of betting this season. I've only ever bet the IS games for a laugh and the Super Bowl before. Any other Who Dat's putting money down this year, with any good tips?

neer911
22.08.2012, 01:18 PM
I started betting on Saints matches halfway through last season, haven't lost a bet yet. I'd go with a Saints win, but by less than 13 points. Probably less than 10, I should think. 27-20 is my prediction.

beer_bart
22.08.2012, 01:47 PM
I'm a bit worried about our linebacker situation!

I won't be beating on the first game after this off season. But I'm quietly confident for the season overall.

neer911
22.08.2012, 09:17 PM
I'm a bit worried about our linebacker situation!

I won't be beating on the first game after this off season. But I'm quietly confident for the season overall.

Great, Humber's out injured too. I can't see how Martez Wilson will stay at DE for the start of the season.

beer_bart
23.08.2012, 07:56 AM
Yeah, just read. Hamstring injury!

We were terrible at linebacker last year and seemed to really address the issue in the off-season with Hawthorn, Chamberlin & Lofton coming in.

Now all injured without a competive game played.

I liked the look of Martez Wilson last year but I think he could be a bit of one-trick pony. I.E - a great, quick blitzer. But against the run and dropping deep in coverage? I'm not so sure. I think thats why they've tried to convert him to D.E.

neer911
23.08.2012, 09:26 AM
Agreed. An injury to Shanle or Casillas in the next 2 games will be disastrous.