PDA

View Full Version : Chris Ivory or Travaris Cadet?

neer911
26.08.2012, 12:56 AM
I was always on the fence with this one, but with Ivory's latest fumble against the Texans, who do you think will make the 53-man roster?

Substitute
26.08.2012, 10:12 PM
Chris Ivory with Travaris Cadet hopefully slipping through to the practice squad.

Can't see the Saints releasing Ivory without trying to get something for him - and he has proved it on the big stage and not just pre-season...

zoffy
26.08.2012, 11:12 PM
I'm impressed with cadet. But I think we have a good backup already with ivory. I'd like to think that we could squeeze cadet in somehow.

neer911
26.08.2012, 11:18 PM
I think Ivory's ability to be a power back will put him on the roster. Ingram is too injury-prone, and Thomas isn't really a power back. Cadet's great and I think some team will hit the jackpot with him. I just don't see him slipping through waivers and making our practice squad.

DarrenSQh
28.08.2012, 07:18 AM
Ivory in 53, Cadet on pratice squad is my bet.

beer_bart
30.08.2012, 12:02 PM
Not seen Cadet yet but I think we should hang on to Ivory.

I haven't seen enough of Ingram, as he seems to be injured constantly, to determine that he's a better player than Ivory.

rossscfc
30.08.2012, 12:38 PM
Not seen Cadet yet but I think we should hang on to Ivory.

I haven't seen enough of Ingram, as he seems to be injured constantly, to determine that he's a better player than Ivory.

Just wait and see Ingram this year! I've got a feeling we are in for a treat!

I think we find a way to keep 5 RB's as we all know too well how a few injuries can completely decimate the ground game! Ala 2010!

neer911
31.08.2012, 12:01 AM
Just wait and see Ingram this year! I've got a feeling we are in for a treat!

I think we find a way to keep 5 RB's as we all know too well how a few injuries can completely decimate the ground game! Ala 2010!

What position do you think we'll have to cut an extra man in to compensate for the 5th RB?

weordie
31.08.2012, 07:56 PM
Ivory, always Ivory. I like the look of Cadet (we always find this gems) but I think Ivory is a total hero. Gonna name my first Girl Christine-Ivory

neer911
01.09.2012, 01:08 AM
http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news-and-events/article-1/New-Orleans-Saints-Announce-Roster-Moves/99cc59fe-f77a-420e-a053-eddaa7d1f329

DarrenSQh
01.09.2012, 09:25 AM
Both!

In Loomis we trust! The cuts seem to have kept everyone i wanted. Maybe surprised Tennant is gone.

neer911
01.09.2012, 10:08 AM
I'm not entirely sure how this works though. Can the people on IR be reactivated? And if so, do we have to cut people to bring them on IR? Also, people like Humber and Smith aren't counted towards the 53-man roster right now, are they? But when they return, would that mean we would have to cut 2 players to make space for them?

DarrenSQh
01.09.2012, 12:36 PM
I'm not entirely sure how this works though. Can the people on IR be reactivated? And if so, do we have to cut people to bring them on IR? Also, people like Humber and Smith aren't counted towards the 53-man roster right now, are they? But when they return, would that mean we would have to cut 2 players to make space for them?

You cannot be reactivated. The IR guys are done for the year.

neer911
01.09.2012, 12:39 PM
You cannot be reactivated. The IR guys are done for the year.

So that means no Nick Toon for the entire year? :(

weordie
01.09.2012, 10:04 PM
So that means no Nick Toon for the entire year? :(

http://nfltraderumors.co/saints-rookie-wr-nick-toon-out-for-season/

neer911
01.09.2012, 11:05 PM
Ahh that's a shame. I was a bit confused because I saw him play against the Titans and he didn't seem to be carrying a major injury or anything.

martin3026
03.09.2012, 01:27 AM
A little worried that the keeping of both Ivory and Cadet may mean Sproles may be more injured than they're letting on.

DarrenSQh
03.09.2012, 10:14 AM
A little worried that the keeping of both Ivory and Cadet may mean Sproles may be more injured than they're letting on.

I think its purely down to the talent that Cadet showed. You cant release players that look that good. Also with 2 years ago fresh in our minds you dont want to end up with injuries and useless free agent RB's getting carries.

beer_bart
03.09.2012, 10:15 AM
I don't think it's that.

The Saints are now loaded at RB, something which all teams in the league will be aware of. This enhances the chance of a potential trade. Either Pierre Thomas or Chris Ivory could go should any teams suffer injuries.

DarrenSQh
03.09.2012, 10:18 AM
I don't think it's that.

The Saints are now loaded at RB, something which all teams in the league will be aware of. This enhances the chance of a potential trade. Either Pierre Thomas or Chris Ivory could go should any teams suffer injuries.

I think there is no way we trade any major players this year without SP being able to make any decisions.

beer_bart
03.09.2012, 10:24 AM
I think there is no way we trade any major players this year without SP being able to make any decisions.

Loomis could make the call. Remember we have no 1st round pick next year. If we could get say for arguments sake a 2nd for Thomas or a 3rd for Ivory, then we should consider it I think.

martin3026
03.09.2012, 02:08 PM
No way Pierre Thomas goes anywhere. He's the best back we have and statistically has the safest hands in the NFL.

neer911
03.09.2012, 09:56 PM
I love Thomas and he almost always breaks at least 1 tackle. That's a dead useful RB right there.

beer_bart
04.09.2012, 07:50 AM
I'm not knocking any of those players. I'm a big fan of both of them. The work Pierre does in the screen game is reason alone to keep him. And Ivory showed massive potential in the 2010 season.

However, we have 5 running backs and big holes in other areas. We are again weak at linebacker with the injuries in the pre-season. And our offensive line is just one injury away from being a pretty average line.

To top it all off as I've previously mentioned we don't have a first round pick next year, in fact I'm not sure we even have a second? Perhaps someone could clarify?

We must keep looking to the future in the same way the Pats do. They aren't afraid to make these types of difficult decisions to improve the franchise going forward.

neer911
04.09.2012, 10:30 AM
However, we have 5 running backs and big holes in other areas. We are again weak at linebacker with the injuries in the pre-season. And our offensive line is just one injury away from being a pretty average line.

True, and I think it we'll end up trading Cadet or Ivory to a team whose starting RB gets injured early on this season.

To top it all off as I've previously mentioned we don't have a first round pick next year, in fact I'm not sure we even have a second? Perhaps someone could clarify?

We have a second round pick next year, just not a first. We only had this year's second round pick taken away, not next year's.

PerthSaint
06.09.2012, 08:45 PM
Just to clarify, its actually our secod round picks for both years we lost. We do have our first round pick in next year's draft.

beer_bart
07.09.2012, 07:28 AM
Ah, thanks. Maybe we should keep the runners then! lol.

Hope we get a big lineman next year.

I think our O-Line is the weakest link.

DarrenSQh
07.09.2012, 03:21 PM
Ah, thanks. Maybe we should keep the runners then! lol.

Hope we get a big lineman next year.

I think our O-Line is the weakest link.

Seriously? Their screen work is excellent. The make good holes for runs, keep drew on his feet most of the time and Im sure they have won awards for best line in recent years.

neer911
07.09.2012, 03:53 PM
Just to clarify, its actually our secod round picks for both years we lost. We do have our first round pick in next year's draft.

I confused myself, whoops :o Thanks for clearing that up!

Seriously? Their screen work is excellent. The make good holes for runs, keep drew on his feet most of the time and Im sure they have won awards for best line in recent years.

Perhaps he meant it's a weak O-line in terms of depth? I agree that there's not a single O-line in the NFL that I would trade our starting O-line for.