PDA

View Full Version : Play-offs possible?

williaaaaaaaaam
19.09.2012, 12:40 PM
Watching last year it seemed that the Titans would make the play-offs. I was disappointed that they missed out by such a tight margin but was hopeful for this season. I know that the first four games look to be the toughest and this does look to be the case after two defeats first up.

The quarterbacks are good solid players and the receivers and running backs on the roster are talented too, especially CJ. The O-line and D-line are definite causes for concern and really need to be address if this franchise to to progress in this and the next 3-4 seasons. Realistically the play-offs are probably not likely this season but if the Titans get on a roll you never know. Another Music City Miracle could happen. But it's very hard to look past the Texans for the divisional title and the other two teams are around level with the Titans in my opinion right now.

10 wins is normally the benchmark for reaching the play-offs. This may be out of reach this time around, but I think they'll go close to the post season. What are other Titans fans thoughts and the thoughts of fans of rival teams?

Titan4Life
20.09.2012, 03:46 PM
At the start of the season I was very optimistic, Locker looking promising, loads of good options at receiver and hopefully CJ finding his form of a couple
Of seasons ago. Also tie in the fact that our division isn't what it was years ago and I really thought playoffs was a defo possibility.......BUT
We have looked awful in the past 2 games, mainly down to the simple fact we have no run game! It all boils down to that, the O'line and CJ just aernt clicking and we as giving away countless penalties, the Defence are on the field way too long and it is going all very wrong!
Our schedule is tough but to be fair at the moment I'm optimisitic, going back to our division being weak. If we can stay with the Colts and Jags (Good chance) and keep within a game of Houston who I think are very over-rated then anything is possible.

cards
20.09.2012, 06:38 PM
only 8 teams in the last 11 years have made the play offs after a 0-2 start. Unfortunately we're both in the same boat :(

colonelp
21.09.2012, 02:21 PM
I was hoping to see a bit more of the Titans in the first few games as I want to see how entertaining they can be. Not a great start but still plenty of time to turn things around. They really need to get their run game going.

Whitey1990
27.09.2012, 10:37 AM
I was hoping to see a bit more of the Titans in the first few games as I want to see how entertaining they can be. Not a great start but still plenty of time to turn things around. They really need to get their run game going.

Did you see us playing the Lions??

Most entertaining game i have seen for years! :D

williaaaaaaaaam
28.09.2012, 10:33 AM
This weekends game against the Texans is a big one for both teams playing and for the other two teams in the division. If the Titans win then there is a chance that the division will be quite open, particularly if both Jags and Colts win too. If the Texans win then the realistic hope for the other three teams would be a wild card entry to the play offs and with the strength of the other teams in the AFL it may bit a bit difficult to be sneaking in. Starting 1-3 leaves it difficult to get back to a 10-6 record or better. I am hoping for a win on Sunday but the Texans have looked good this year and last so if I were to bet money on the result I would not be putting it on my team! (Nor will I be on Ipswich, my beloved football club, this weekend)

Whitey1990
28.09.2012, 12:45 PM
This weekends game against the Texans is a big one for both teams playing and for the other two teams in the division. If the Titans win then there is a chance that the division will be quite open, particularly if both Jags and Colts win too. If the Texans win then the realistic hope for the other three teams would be a wild card entry to the play offs and with the strength of the other teams in the AFL it may bit a bit difficult to be sneaking in. Starting 1-3 leaves it difficult to get back to a 10-6 record or better. I am hoping for a win on Sunday but the Texans have looked good this year and last so if I were to bet money on the result I would not be putting it on my team! (Nor will I be on Ipswich, my beloved football club, this weekend)

Cant argue with any of the above (lets hope Titans still have a few trick plays up their sleve ;)). We have an extreemly hard line up this year - and its not looking too good - i am struggling to see where we are going to get the reuired 10 wins from

Pritchard
04.10.2012, 07:07 PM
Thing that would worry me if I was a Titans fan would be that the only win they managed they had to resort to trick plays on ST's. Thats not something to rely on and bank wins with.

CJ got paid and is tanking, Titans fans probably want to jump all over me right now and say he 'gashed' the Texans for 140 yards last weekend, but you were 2/3 scores down in the second half and were forced to run out the clock and get the hell out of there, you just weren't able to throw on us. That was really poor.

Hasselbeck is probably a better option for right now than Locker so I see that as a positive for you.

Buck Fud and all that I couldn't be happier with the mess your in atm.

Titan4Life
04.10.2012, 09:54 PM
Thing that would worry me if I was a Titans fan would be that the only win they managed they had to resort to trick plays on ST's. Thats not something to rely on and bank wins with.

CJ got paid and is tanking, Titans fans probably want to jump all over me right now and say he 'gashed' the Texans for 140 yards last weekend, but you were 2/3 scores down in the second half and were forced to run out the clock and get the hell out of there, you just weren't able to throw on us. That was really poor.

Hasselbeck is probably a better option for right now than Locker so I see that as a positive for you.

Buck Fud and all that I couldn't be happier with the mess your in atm.

I wouldn't really say we are in a 'mess' to be fair, Locker is showing signs of real potential although he looks to be done for the season, and we have one of the better back-up QB's in the league in Hasselbeck, who could start for a number of NFL teams right now.
Yes CJ isn't playing to his potential at the moment but we all know what he can do and he can turn it on at anytime.
Add to that we have one of the brightest receiving bunch around in Britt, Washington, Kendall Wright and Jared Cook.
We have one of the youngest defences in the league at the moment but with the leadership of McCarthy at the helm I can only see them getting better with every game.
Yes we are not going to win the division this year, unfortunately Houston will, but we are by no means in any mess and will come out of this season alot stronger then some.

williaaaaaaaaam
24.10.2012, 11:37 AM
After 7 games we're at 3-4, but on a 2 win streak. Now they have been close games and our defence is one of the worst in the league. But if CJ keeps breaking out big runs and TD's then that should open up the passing game that has been decent so far this season. The AFC hasn't got many teams with winning records so a tight play off battle will ensue I imagine. Our division is pretty much wrapped up with the Texans running away with the Conference at the moment so a wild card berth is the most likely outcome if we do make the play offs. And a target of 10 win is a possibility and should still manage a trip to the post season. I am hopeful but I know that there is still a tough season ahead.

The Hypnotoad
05.11.2012, 11:16 AM
Not a chance now sorry, Its just not working at the minute for us and things need to change.

Locker has been woeful when fit, I hope he sticks with Hesselbeck for the rest of the season and then make a decision in the offseason. Locker has never looked like being a top NFL QB.

Johnson hasn't turned up all season and last night showed, those fumbles.....

Defence hasn't been great. Showed promise first game but they have given 30+ points away 7 times this season! that's not a playoff defence.

Cant see us getting second now, let alone a wildcard spot so I dont know wether to take the positive that we are going end up with a good draft spot (although next years draft doesnt have the talent as last years.

Titans_dg
05.11.2012, 01:58 PM
i'm gald that Bud Adams has now come out and told them they are all fighting for their jobs from front office to playing staff! they need a good kick up the butt and hopefully will play as well as we all know the titans can!

The Hypnotoad
05.11.2012, 07:04 PM
i'm gald that Bud Adams has now come out and told them they are all fighting for their jobs from front office to playing staff! they need a good kick up the butt and hopefully will play as well as we all know the titans can!

Im glad hes come out and said that but there needs to be changes regardless.

New QB - Locker isnt going to win awards and Id be suprised if Hesselbeck carries on.

New RB - Chris Johnson hasnt performed for nearly 2 seasons, getting .

The defence needs completely looking at.

Dunno about staff wise, Munchak needs to stay imo. Give him a chance to sort this out.

THE_TITAN
10.11.2012, 02:26 AM
No chance now and if things don't start to improve then i'm all for bringing in Gruden. We all know how much he loves Locker.

Gaztee72
14.11.2012, 04:24 PM
No chance now and if things don't start to improve then i'm all for bringing in Gruden. We all know how much he loves Locker.

Can't see Chucky coming to Tennessee, there will be much more high profile jobs he'll be interested in. I think there will be coaching changes for next season, but Munchak will still be HC.

Not really sure where last weekends performance came from, but it was a nice change to give someone a good kicking rather than taking one! Maybe Bud should put them on notice every week!

The Hypnotoad
16.11.2012, 02:12 PM
Can't see Chucky coming to Tennessee, there will be much more high profile jobs he'll be interested in. I think there will be coaching changes for next season, but Munchak will still be HC.

Not really sure where last weekends performance came from, but it was a nice change to give someone a good kicking rather than taking one! Maybe Bud should put them on notice every week!

It was a good win off the back of a heavy defeat but I do think it was more about how bad Miami played in the first half. The 3 turnovers were the difference in the match.

Just watched the highlights from Bills Dolphins last night and when they showed the playoff race they still have Titans down as in the hunt for a playoff spot, looking at the Schedule we have

Sunday: BYE
Week 12: @Jaguars
Week 13: Texans
Week 14: @ Colts
Week 15: Jets
Week 16: @ Packers
Week 17: Jaguars

I think you can write the Packers and Texans games off right now (we just dont have the game to challenge them) which puts us at 4-8

You would hope the 2 Jaguar games should be wins 6-8

Leaves us the Colts and Jets - Backing on a Jets win at home would put us 7-8 meaning the big game is at the Colts to go 8-8 and even then would that be enough for a Wildcard? Colts are 6-3 but have a terrible run in with the Chiefs the only game I would bank a win on at the minute but the Steelers are 6-3 as well.

In Conclusion, on paper we COULD get to 8-8, but that might not be enough again.