PDA

View Full Version : new texan fan

nosdrahcir
22.09.2012, 08:04 AM
hey guys im a new texan fan and im wondering how/why you guys became texan fans

StevenMccormick12
23.09.2012, 09:36 PM
It was actually watching the two play-off games last year, especially the loss to Baltimore I started really wanting them to do well. It finally just felt like the right fit and after 2 and a half years watching the NFL I had my team!

NFL_Rich
05.10.2012, 09:02 PM
I'm quite new too. Love this team.... Especially the defense! Cushing, Barwin and my favourite Texans player JJ Watt especially.... These guys are immense. From my limited Texans knowledge I at least predict Watt as a future HOF'er... No doubt! (bit early I know lol ;)

stuttgartershrew
09.10.2012, 02:41 PM
Not posted for a while on here but I should make more of an effort…

I started to support Houston a few years back when I happened to be visiting Houston for work. When I was there I made sure to take in a game at the Reliant Stadium and since then have been a keen follower. I went back a second time and managed once again to get a game in. Unfortunately not been back since but I count myself lucky that I got the chance to visit Houston and see a game. Thinking back the one game was against Cincinnati and the other against Kansas City.

Follow things on Game Pass now and at the moment it’s a great viewing. Really like the way they are going about their business, just getting things done…

dtk25
11.10.2012, 04:48 PM
Needed a team to follow, when on holiday in Houston a few years back, picked up a jersey at a discount store which happened to be texans one....rest is history

NFL_Rich
11.10.2012, 07:18 PM
Needed a team to follow, when on holiday in Houston a few years back, picked up a jersey at a discount store which happened to be texans one....rest is history

Welcome bud :)

Richard Sambucci
12.10.2012, 11:24 AM
Hi guys
My first trip to America was in 1988 to Houston. I didn't get to a game as it was summer, but I went on a tour of the Astrodome. I didn't have a team at the time (i ahd started watching football from around 1984) but started following the Houston Oilers simply because I had been to their city & stadium. When they left town for Tennessee, I couldn't follow them and my interest in football dwindled a bit due to not having a team anymore. But I was overjoyed when Houston got a new franchise and have followed the Texans since they started in 2002 and have been lucky to have gone over 3 times to see them (the most recent being the Titans game this season). Hope to go back every 2 years!

NFL_Rich
12.10.2012, 02:44 PM
Hi guys
My first trip to America was in 1988 to Houston. I didn't get to a game as it was summer, but I went on a tour of the Astrodome. I didn't have a team at the time (i ahd started watching football from around 1984) but started following the Houston Oilers simply because I had been to their city & stadium. When they left town for Tennessee, I couldn't follow them and my interest in football dwindled a bit due to not having a team anymore. But I was overjoyed when Houston got a new franchise and have followed the Texans since they started in 2002 and have been lucky to have gone over 3 times to see them (the most recent being the Titans game this season). Hope to go back every 2 years!

Awesome! Sounds like you've had some cracking Texan experiences so far! Welcome to the board :)