PDA

View Full Version : How will our season end?

JamesGall13
29.10.2012, 01:20 PM
At what stage do you guys think our season will end? I say we lose in the NFC Championship game to the Green Bay Packers after being the No.1 seed.

Steve_Killman
29.10.2012, 10:10 PM
I still can't shake off the feeling we'll go one and done again :(

I hate being such a pessimist.

Devilfalc
30.10.2012, 08:22 PM
I still can't shake off the feeling we'll go one and done again :(

I hate being such a pessimist.

I hate to agree, but this ^^^

Dartmoor Falcon
31.10.2012, 06:29 PM
After starting 7-0 the minimum should be the championship game.

Packman12
31.10.2012, 08:31 PM
At what stage do you guys think our season will end? I say we lose in the NFC Championship game to the Green Bay Packers after being the No.1 seed.

If we beat you it will be in round two as we will be the 5th seed.

JamesGall13
01.11.2012, 03:41 PM

I think ye will go on a big run and win your division to be honest.

Domed Outter
01.11.2012, 08:54 PM
I think ye will go on a big run and win your division to be honest.

Agree with you there.

steelers_wheelman
02.11.2012, 11:10 PM
After starting 7-0 the minimum should be the championship game.

I wouldn't be too high on your current record. You've beaten six teams with losing records, and if the game against the Denver had been a few weeks later, and with competant refs, I can see Peyton ending your winning streak.

I can't see Atlanta coming up with play-off wins against the Packers, Giants, 49'ers or Bears. You'll win your division comfortably, but get slaughtered when you come up against some of the real NFC powerhouses.

Dartmoor Falcon
03.11.2012, 01:54 PM
Maybe, maybe not, i guess we'll all know in a few months.

Mark Harrison
06.11.2012, 07:19 AM
The Falcons will be beaten in the playoffs. They're not all that. They've beaten a whole load of teams with losing records so far...and have even had to come from behind in a few of them. OK...i agree, that is the sign of a champion calibre team but look at their team stats. 8th overall in passing (OK that's respectable) but a measly 25th on the ground. Defensively they're 24th overall, a mediocre 14th against the pass and a poor 24th in defending the run (They're allowing 127 yds per game) When they come up against a decent team...they'll be found out for sure. I reckon they'll finish 13-3 losing to the Giants-and the Bucs home and away, then knocked out of the playoffs in the first game.

ATLFalcon
06.11.2012, 02:23 PM
The Falcons will be beaten in the playoffs. They're not all that. They've beaten a whole load of teams with losing records so far...and have even had to come from behind in a few of them. OK...i agree, that is the sign of a champion calibre team but look at their team stats. 8th overall in passing (OK that's respectable) but a measly 25th on the ground. Defensively they're 24th overall, a mediocre 14th against the pass and a poor 24th in defending the run (They're allowing 127 yds per game) When they come up against a decent team...they'll be found out for sure. I reckon they'll finish 13-3 losing to the Giants-and the Bucs home and away, then knocked out of the playoffs in the first game.

I had to look this up to check. I think our defense is ranked 19th overall atm per this link (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2012&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1). We've done decently against the pass but our run defense needs to step it up per the stats.

The old saying goes that offense will put fans in the seats but defense wins championship. So, I hope we improve and try to get closer to the top 10 overall for the 2nd half of the season. I think our offensive weapons are in place for the most part. So, we could begin to focus on the draft and free agency for improving it.

For our running, we may have to look into getting a different style runner. Our passing has been great and should have allowed us to create opportunities for larger gains on the ground. I still think other teams focus hard on our running since we committed more plays to it. They are still committed to stopping the run but it's burning them now.

I believe that our kicking team and excellent coaching has made up for some mistakes that in the past would have cost us a couple of games.

Anyway, I'm know our team realizes there's room for improvement. We are winning but it's not necessarily satisfying. Still these close games will help them with being mentally tough and maybe this time it will carry over into a better postseason against the traditional powerhouses.

james1b
06.11.2012, 02:41 PM

Not if the 6th seed win as well.

I think 13-3 season with a loss in the championship game.