PDA

View Full Version : Do the Falcons Finish as 1st Seed?

BigStu
27.11.2012, 01:31 PM
I know some Falcons fans will think I'm fishing with this thread but I was just looking at their remaining schedule and I'm wondering if they will actually be Number 1 seed in the NFC.

Remaining Schedule
Saints, Giants and Bucs in Atlanta.
Panthers and Lions on the Road.

Looks a tough end to the season and I think it's plausible they lose two or three of those games. Maybe the 49ers actually pip them to be NFC Top Seed.

Going to be an exciting race.

Stubbsy #21
27.11.2012, 07:09 PM
Simple Answer - Yes!

I've got us down for the following:

v Saints - Win - If we win the division is ours and we put another nail in their coffin (definitely a motivating factor)
@ Carolina - Win - Cam Newton is yet to beat us and this will still be the case.
v Giants - Win - Close but we'll be wanting to avenge last year's playoff debacle so am expecting decent things
@ Detroit - Win (if we're still competing for HFA) could be close but we're better against the pass than the run and the Lions do like to chuck it around.
v Tampa Bay - Loss -I think with HFA secured we'll rest our starters for some of this and the Bucs are no pushover and could still be fighting for a playoff spot.

I've got confidence in this team this year. Although as long as we get a playoff win or two I don't mind too much what seed we are!

Dartmoor Falcon
27.11.2012, 09:11 PM
Simple Answer - Yes!

I've got us down for the following:

v Saints - Win - If we win the division is ours and we put another nail in their coffin (definitely a motivating factor)
@ Carolina - Win - Cam Newton is yet to beat us and this will still be the case.
v Giants - Win - Close but we'll be wanting to avenge last year's playoff debacle so am expecting decent things
@ Detroit - Win (if we're still competing for HFA) could be close but we're better against the pass than the run and the Lions do like to chuck it around.
v Tampa Bay - Loss -I think with HFA secured we'll rest our starters for some of this and the Bucs are no pushover and could still be fighting for a playoff spot.

I've got confidence in this team this year. Although as long as we get a playoff win or two I don't mind too much what seed we are!

I agree with you on all these, the only one that might be a loss is the Giants but as you see we owe them for last seasons playoff.

But one thing at a time lets beat the 'aints on Thursday and take it from there.

JamesGall13
27.11.2012, 10:44 PM
Think this will be our record
13-3
v Saints - Lose like we always do.
@ Carolina - Win easily.
v Giants - Lose, Giants are simply a better team.
@ Detroit - Win in a shootout narrowly
v Tampa Bay - Win to secure 1st seed with a 13-3 record.

BigStu
28.11.2012, 08:30 AM
I think there is a good chance they lose to the Saints and Giants. If they beat the Saints on Thursday I can only see the Falcons as that First Seed although I think the game against the Lions could be tougher than many seem to think.

ATLFalcon
29.11.2012, 02:26 PM
I know some Falcons fans will think I'm fishing with this thread but I was just looking at their remaining schedule and I'm wondering if they will actually be Number 1 seed in the NFC.

Remaining Schedule
Saints, Giants and Bucs in Atlanta.
Panthers and Lions on the Road.

Looks a tough end to the season and I think it's plausible they lose two or three of those games. Maybe the 49ers actually pip them to be NFC Top Seed.

Going to be an exciting race.

I think this is going to be a great test of if we can win against a quality team at home. The Giants especially will be a team we could face in the playoffs again especially after what they recently did to Green Bay.

I think we will win against the Saints as it was a close game when played recently in New Orleans. I think in that game our downfall was due to more penalties committed by us than our normal games. Tampa Bay is another team that has been playing well but I think they really need to be at home to pull off a win.

Almost all the Falcons games give me a mild heart attack watching them because they end up being close and being decided in the last few minutes of the game. So, it could easily be a L for us instead of a W for the above teams.

I'm really curious to see how the Giants game goes. NY Giants are beginning to peak at the right time before the playoffs like they seem to always do. Hopefully we can steal a page from them on that note and begin to really peak as well.