PDA

View Full Version : Jake Locker, Yay or Nay?

The Hypnotoad
07.12.2012, 08:39 PM
So what is everyone's opinion on Locker after his first season as a starter?

For me he just isnt there yet and I dont think he will ever be. Hes been the worst of the rookie quarterbacks this year and I think we should be looking at somebody else.

He has the running game of the modern quarterback but he just doest have the aim or vision. The only time we have looked like winning this season is when Hesselbeck has been at the helm.

If we have a terrible end to the season and end up 4-12, 5-11 should we be looking to trade our way up the draft?

THE_TITAN
07.12.2012, 10:30 PM
First season starting, growing pains, but I have seen a lot of positives. We need an OC that can really take advantage of his cannon arm and ability to move, maybe Dowell Loggains is that guy.... So it's still a yay from me.

colonelp
08.12.2012, 05:07 PM
Still see the potential in him and as you say he needs someone who will be able to use his talents to the best of his ability. I also think his performance this season is bound to be affected by the turmoil that the Titans seem to be in. They need some strong leadership and a clearer identity about what they are striving to be post Fisher. What do you think?

THE_TITAN
08.12.2012, 08:45 PM
Still see the potential in him and as you say he needs someone who will be able to use his talents to the best of his ability. I also think his performance this season is bound to be affected by the turmoil that the Titans seem to be in. They need some strong leadership and a clearer identity about what they are striving to be post Fisher. What do you think?

If we don't show obvious improvement in the last few games of the season then I could see Munchak being kicked out if Bud Adams is willing to pay money for a new HC.

If that were to happen (don't want it to because I like Munch a lot), then I would like to look at Jon Gruden or Chip Kelly.

The Hypnotoad
09.12.2012, 09:47 PM
That's my mind made up

Absolutely woeful then, the 2 picks were just awful throws and there should have been a third when he threw it straight at a colt.

Commentators called it, he just doesn't read coverage. We would do a lot better with hesselbeck

colonelp
09.12.2012, 10:11 PM
Only seen the score but it seemed as though they were in course to win. How did they play aside from Locker?

The Hypnotoad
09.12.2012, 10:42 PM
Only seen the score but it seemed as though they were in course to win. How did they play aside from Locker?

Similar performance to most of the season. Got a few turnovers and defence held hard for the first half but couldn't stop them in the second half and some terrible decisions meant we didn't look like getting points on the board

colonelp
09.12.2012, 11:02 PM
I did wonder if they might pull a few results out of the bag now that the pressure is off but clearly there needs to be a more long term look at the direction of the team. If Locker isn't the one then i guess that is a priority along with the management.

Whitey1990
11.12.2012, 03:12 PM
Our O-Line is terrible! - until this problem is sorted then there is no point putting another QB at the helm. Locker is being made to throw the ball +40 times a game with no help from the running game, He is bound to make a few mistakes here and there.

Keep Locker for a wee while longer

The Hypnotoad
12.12.2012, 01:54 AM
Our O-Line is terrible! - until this problem is sorted then there is no point putting another QB at the helm. Locker is being made to throw the ball +40 times a game with no help from the running game, He is bound to make a few mistakes here and there.

Keep Locker for a wee while longer

I dont agree. Chris Johnson is 8th in the NFL for rushing yards this year, he has had Wright, Washington, Britt, Cook ect to pass to all year and he still hasnt performed.

Our Offensive line may not be great but Locker just doesnt have the vision and he cant read teams coverage.

Titan4Life
12.12.2012, 11:04 AM
Locker is the future of the team.
The O line has been awful this year with injuries and some question marks on the starters, Amano starting centre, really!?!?!? Really!?!?!?
Adams needs to make some big coaching decisions in the off season as I see that as the key, wether that be Munch going or not the OC and DC need changing.

The Hypnotoad
12.12.2012, 10:24 PM
Locker is the future of the team.
The O line has been awful this year with injuries and some question marks on the starters, Amano starting centre, really!?!?!? Really!?!?!?
Adams needs to make some big coaching decisions in the off season as I see that as the key, wether that be Munch going or not the OC and DC need changing.

The OC has just been changed and I dont know why but I cant see Munch going anywhere. He will be given another season.

I do wonder if one of the bigger named QBs that have been under performing becomes available will they take a punt at one? They was throwing money at Peyton but he went to denver so its obvious they dont see locker as being ready.

mattchew
13.12.2012, 05:23 PM
I think given the right system Locker could be a great player.
I liked him a lot in Washington and thought he had a bit of a Brees look
about him in the way he moved and his throwing action.

The Hypnotoad
18.12.2012, 11:52 AM
Another game and Im still not convinced.

Loved the running game last night but all of the QBs coming out of college seem to be able to do the big running plays.

His passing was off for most of the night last night, 13/22 and all the long throws were way off the target (bar the Wright pass which could have been a big TD). I hope he pulls off a big game in the last 2 but so far im still not convinced.

Titans_dg
17.01.2013, 12:00 PM
i'm not overly convinced that he has what it takes. i dont belive ein going back to hasselback and we should look to get someone who has the hunger and desire and wants to go to that elite level. we need to shor up our D first and foremost as we are l;eaking far too many points!

Titan4Life
17.01.2013, 02:57 PM
i'm not overly convinced that he has what it takes. i dont belive ein going back to hasselback and we should look to get someone who has the hunger and desire and wants to go to that elite level. we need to shor up our D first and foremost as we are l;eaking far too many points!

We have more important issues then at QB.
Both lines need improving and we need help at safety.
I think Locker is the man for us at the moment and going back to Matty H would be us taking a step back.
Locker has heart and desire for sure, just needs a bit more fine tuning.

The Hypnotoad
17.01.2013, 11:53 PM
We have more important issues then at QB.
Both lines need improving and we need help at safety.
I think Locker is the man for us at the moment and going back to Matty H would be us taking a step back.
Locker has heart and desire for sure, just needs a bit more fine tuning.

This

We need to strengthen our lines up and then see how Locker works with a better O line as he was under pressure far too much last year. Hesselbeck is willing work behind locker for another year so I think we can wait until 2014, Id be happy to see Hesselbeck come in for half a season if Locker gets a good line and still cants handle it.

Plus there isnt a QB out there at the minute Id go for, nobody in the draft impresses me and I wouldn't want us wasting money on the kind of QB`s that could be out of contract (Teabow, Vick ect)

williaaaaaaaaam
18.01.2013, 07:19 PM
My opinion is that the receiving unit is very good, the running backs we have are good. the QB's are good too, maybe not as frequently as the receivers and RB's. The main concern for me is that the Titans offensive line isn't giving the QB enough time and forcing the opposing defences back. Look at what the Texans have - 3 first round picks in their front 4. JJ Watt is a beast up front, something the Titans certainly don't have.

The special teams unit has been good all season.

The defence has let in far too many points. I have not seen anything that really inspires me. Pass rushers and defensive line need to be added. The safety area isn't too bad, from what I have seen though, at times.

Keep the QB's and build the O-line and defense. Trade up as much as possible to get in the best players in those areas. A marquee receiver would be a good idea too to take attention away from Chris Johnson who has been a marked man since his 2006 yard season.

Please not I have said good often yet never great, outstanding, excellent, world class etc.. This speaks volumes for how much room for improvement there is.

amywestney
27.01.2013, 05:18 PM
i think yay. ok so we had a few teething problems to say the least... BUT! there have been some really promising plays and in my opinion his performance has been hugely affected by our offense... or lack of!! i think next year we can have a mix up with out offense team hopefully draft some good players and come up with some new plays because that is also a huge problem. our plays are so predictable with a new set i think we have potential and i think that locker will be able to play to his full ability! guess we just have to wait until next season but i am backing locker right now (i say sitting here wearing my locker jersey...)

ThrashingTitan
19.04.2013, 10:31 AM
I agree, I think the defence gives up so many points that we play from behind alot which in turn forces Locker to put as many points on the board as quickly as possible, sometimes this does make for great games (OT win over Detroit) but mainly it makes the defense look bad and puts the offence in bad situations.

I think we need to sure up the defense before we start drafting O line, we got Levitre from Buffalo and re-signed verlasco so the O line is already a tad better, I would love to see Dee Milliner from Bama still on the board, or even Vaccaro from Texas.

Gaztee72
04.05.2013, 07:32 AM
I think one of the biggest problems last season was the offensive play calling. For instance, If Cook was on the field, 80% of the plays were throws! Far to predictable, which is why we got the change late in the season.
Also looking back was Locker's shoulder still causing him problems? Maybe as he had another surgery in the off season.
With all the moves in the draft & free agency, we should be a much better proposition this season. Locker should have much better protection & hopefully will deliver an accurate ball for the receivers! A crunch year all round me thinks. Munck has basically gone all out as his job is on the line, and Bud won't tolerate another sub par season. If it goes badly again expect big changes in player & coaching staff!

grahamsharkey
27.06.2013, 09:39 AM
I believe in the Jake Locker project.

However, I don't think we [Titans fans] should be getting too carried away with the upcoming season predictions. He may be showing lots of solid improvement on the practice field, but he needs to replicate it on Sunday's, consistently.

In the grand-scheme of things I think, like many on here, that our play calling was too one-dimensional. That's been addressed now, and from the reports/interviews of our receiving core the play book has been thrown out of the window and completely revamped.

I'm expecting to see a lot more roll-outs and bootleg play action passes from Locker. To me, I look at Big Ben as a direction in which Locker is moving towards. That's a good thing.

Bottom line - we have all of the weapons needed for success. We, as fans have had too many reasons to point to when we've played terribly, however, now we have none.

However, while I feel we will be a lot better this season, we have a seriously tough schedule so I am going to allow some slippage while we adjust to the new playbook. Playoffs, via wildcard will be a great achievement.

G.