PDA

View Full Version : THE_TITAN's 2013 off-season plan

THE_TITAN
15.12.2012, 08:01 PM
I did one of these a while back when Fisher left and we were looking for a new Head Coach. I love Mike Munchak, but I don't think we'll ever get to the Super bowl with him leading our team. We never seem to be prepared and have had numerous unnecessary penalties called against us during his tenure to back that up.

Well here THE_TITAN comes again to the rescue with a plan in hand to turn it around for our beloved Titans franchise.

Step 1: Sack the coaching staff but keep Ruston Webster as General Manager. It's not Webster's fault our team has played bad. Him and Reinfeldt have had a very good drafting history and we have a roster full of young talent. It's the coaches that haven't taken advantage of this talent that should at least be challenging to get into the playoffs. The coaching staff have to go.

Step 2: The interview process. My candidates would be Chip Kelly, Perry Fewell, Gus Bradley and Mike Zimmer.

Step 3: Hire Chip Kelly to be the new head coach of the Tennessee Titans. Kelly knows how to run an offense and put points on the board quickly. He will have a lot of knowledge on Jake Locker having faced him in the PAC-12 and so I feel he would be the best candidate to take advantage of Locker's skills. The other candidates are very strong defensive minds but I just think our defense is young and needs more time but the personnel is there. No doubt Kelly would realise this and hire a good defensive coordinator to rectify the situation.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/ChipKelly.jpg

Step 4: Free Agency-

Re-sign- Jared Cook, Rob Bironas, Fernando Velasco, Deuce Lutui.

Sign- William Moore-S-Atlanta, Tavares Gooden-LB-49ers, Quentin Jammer-CB-San Diego.

Step 5: The NFL draft-

Round 1- Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah - He could have a Haynesworth-like presence on a Titans defensive line that is hugely in need of it.

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/motion/2012/0724/dm_120724_miller_slotulelei_120724/dm_120724_miller_slotulelei_120724.jpg

Round 2- Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon - This guy is so raw that he drops to the second round but his ceiling is off the chart and Chip Kelly will be well aware of this.

http://www.pigskinheaven.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=550&d=1354061318

Round 3- Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky - Really nice guard that has been successful in the SEC.

Round 4- Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon - This guy is a beast and could be a great guy to pair with CJ2K.

Round 4 (comp)- Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU - A flyer on a guy that could be great.

Round 5- Aaron Mellette, WR, Elon- An added weapon for Locker.

Round 7- Micah Hyde, SS, Iowa - Could make the roster because our safetys suck.

Step 6: Win it all!

Whitey1990
18.12.2012, 11:55 AM
I vote THE_TITAN for Head Coach :D I honestly dont have a clue in regards to the rookies for next year, but I have to agree - we need to heavily improove on the Offencive & Defencive lines.

I do like the look of Star Lotulelei (i certainly wouldnt like to mess with him)

The Hypnotoad
18.12.2012, 02:14 PM
Nice thread but we are going to need a new backup QB at the least I would have thought.

Cant see Hesselbeck staying next year if they put their trust in locker.

THE_TITAN
27.12.2012, 11:17 PM
Nice thread but we are going to need a new backup QB at the least I would have thought.

Cant see Hesselbeck staying next year if they put their trust in locker.

I wouldn't mind drafting in Zac Dysert if that were the case. Rusty Smith has been the league for several years now and is probably ready to be elevated to the back-up role.

The Hypnotoad
29.12.2012, 02:00 PM
A lot of rumours coming out that Muncheck is to be fired in the off season

THE_TITAN
29.12.2012, 03:51 PM
A lot of rumours coming out that Muncheck is to be fired in the off season

Wouldn't surprise me either way, you never know with Bud Adams.

nfl.afl
30.12.2012, 07:09 PM
As far as I'm aware Munchak will keep his job for at least another year. I hope so to be honest, be nice to have some stability in the coaching staff for the development of the young guys. Liking the idea of drafting Dysert later in the draft :D

THE_TITAN
30.12.2012, 09:15 PM
As far as I'm aware Munchak will keep his job for at least another year. I hope so to be honest, be nice to have some stability in the coaching staff for the development of the young guys. Liking the idea of drafting Dysert later in the draft :D

Yeah you're probably right. Dysert is a true gem though, would be a great pick in the middle rounds.

Titan4Life
30.12.2012, 09:27 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Munch leave but again if he stays he does deserve a third season to try and make the post season.