PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Fitzpatrick or Jake Locker

The Hypnotoad
20.03.2013, 10:22 AM
I said a few weeks back I can see Locker getting another season at starter but Fitzpatrick has changed everything.

This could be a close pick up to week one.

Whats everyone elses thoughts?

THE_TITAN
20.03.2013, 12:27 PM
Locker is the starter but Fitzpatrick is a good player and will challenge.

colonelp
20.03.2013, 01:49 PM
Two very different players. I think that Fitzpatrick brings a bit more consistency to the role, although he isn't as dynamic on his feet - it gives the Titans options though.

Titan4Life
21.03.2013, 01:42 PM
We have to stick with Locker as the starter.
Fitz is a nice backup if all turns to pot.

Goodfry
21.03.2013, 01:52 PM
We have to stick with Locker as the starter.
Fitz is a nice backup if all turns to pot.

You will be happy with Ryan Fitzpatrick even if he is just holding up a clip board. Smart guy pre snap post snap plays like a gun slinger but a very capable back up. With your O-Line beefed up with Levitre and Shonn Greene to add depth the game plan should be like the 2008 Titans run it most downs and wait for play action. If your defence shows up it should be the playoffs. Also with George Wilson completing your trio of Bills I would be cheering for you if your ower did flip the bird at our players :)

Titan4Life
21.03.2013, 05:29 PM
You will be happy with Ryan Fitzpatrick even if he is just holding up a clip board. Smart guy pre snap post snap plays like a gun slinger but a very capable back up. With your O-Line beefed up with Levitre and Shonn Greene to add depth the game plan should be like the 2008 Titans run it most downs and wait for play action. If your defence shows up it should be the playoffs. Also with George Wilson completing your trio of Bills I would be cheering for you if your ower did flip the bird at our players :)

That last bit made me chuckle :)
I've never in my 14 years of following the Titans known them to really hit the market so hard.
Wether it's down to Bud or Webber I would have thought more the latter.
Very happy with the signings from the Bills, adds some good quality to the team.

james1b
22.03.2013, 11:09 AM
I think Fitzpatrick can act as a stop gap if Locker isnt really the man, but to be honest he is mainly a good choice back-up QB who will start for a team looking to develop talent in other areas before they complete the process with a QB.

I think going with Fitzpatrick suggests going stop gap before finding the long term answer. Locker has to be the man who starts if you have the ambition to go all the way. A poor start and Fitz will be given a chance to show what he can do. But overall if Locker isnt the answer then you will need to search for the long term answer at QB next year.

JB1888
23.03.2013, 08:44 PM
Fitz is more than capable of being a starting QB. I've not seen much of the Titans and Jake Locker to be honest, but I know Fitz won't let the team down.

I'm related to him through family who moved to the states from Scotland years ago so have followed his career since Harvard.

He threw a lot of INT's last year but was very unlucky a lot of the time.

I think Tennessee is a good fit for him and given the chance he will do well.

cards
27.03.2013, 06:38 PM
Not even a serious question as far as I can see. No doubt Fitzpatrick was brought in to back up Locker, but he can be capable of being a stop gap if things to go downhill.

NeiLEEDS
23.06.2013, 09:10 AM
Am i the only one who thinks Fitz was a confusing pick up.

Dowell is installing a more run heavy offense with a lot of play action and some spread stuff.

Fitz has concrete feet. If Jake flops or gets injured, the playbook will be on it's head again.

Good player. But i worry that he's set up to fail in a scheme designed to get Locker out in space.

grahamsharkey
01.07.2013, 11:17 PM
Neil,

I'm with you. It's a bit of an odd pick-up for sure given that, like you say, last season's play book was thrown out the window (good riddance). Still, I'm not complaining - having a starting QB in at back-up is never bad.

I'm looking forward to seeing a host of roll-outs/bootlegs and general PA plays from Locker. I'm a believer.

johnlynch47
10.07.2013, 09:00 PM
That has to be the worst QB battle in living memory!

Goodfry
10.07.2013, 09:10 PM

http://www.blackchristiannews.com/news/sanchez_tebow_120326_CP.jpg

grahamsharkey
11.07.2013, 08:47 AM

Battle? Jake Locker IS starting, so in the literal sense of the word "battle", yes - I agree it is the worst in living memory as there is no battle. Well pointed out.