PDA

View Full Version : Saints books

WhoDatMonkey87
01.04.2013, 05:42 PM
Hoping you guys can help me. Looking for a coupla books about the history of the Saints.
Recently read Home Team and found it to be a good read. But I'm now looking for something that goes back to when the franchise started.
Any recommendations?

WhoDatNation
01.04.2013, 06:02 PM
Not sure if it's what you are looking for but Amazon are selling a book called "New Orleans Saints Book 1, 25 years of heroic effort" . . . . hope it helps.

WhoDatMonkey87
01.04.2013, 06:04 PM
Thanks dude. I'll check it out!

marcseven
21.08.2013, 04:33 PM
Not sure if it's what you are looking for but Amazon are selling a book called "New Orleans Saints Book 1, 25 years of heroic effort" . . . . hope it helps.

deffo it looks like a kids book from the cover but is pretty good written by a local journo and Saints fan,

Also I would recommend reading "Saints, the Superdome, and the Scandal" by Dave Dixon the man who brought a franchise to New Orleans and built the superdome. Its not all interesting from just a Saints perspective there is a little southern politics and quiet a lot sport politics (you could argue the father of the saints is also the father of the modern Wimbledon) and the "Scandal" really isn't that exciting. But worth the time if you have it.