PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee Titans Draft Grades

THE_TITAN
27.04.2013, 01:11 PM
Round 1: Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama - You have to love this pick, this guy is a plug-and-play Guard that will dramatically improve our running game and is a more than adequate pass protector. In the top 10 some would argue that an interior offensive lineman is a reach, but Warmack could very well be the best player in the entire draft. With Mike Munchak and Bruce Matthew's intricate knowledge of the position, through Hall Of Fame careers, you can't question their judgement.

GRADE: A+

Round 2: Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee - Most people (including myself) had a first round grade on Hunter and for good reason. He has rare size and speed and excellent route running. Some would question his hands, and it's true he has had some drops, but to be honest i'm not really concerned. This is another weapon for Locker and now with Britt, Wright, Hunter and Washington the Titans have a very scary wide receiving corps. The deal to move up may have been a slight overpay but it was for the right player.

GRADE: A-

Round 3: Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut - Wreh-Wilson is a solid value pick in the third round. He fits the zone scheme that the Titans run while also possessing great size and good press skills. He will compete straight away for playing time and if he has an excellent camp and pre-season then Verner may be moved into the nickel role.

GRADE: B+

Round 3: Zaviar Gooden, OLB, Missouri - This pick was a bit of a shock to me, but the Titans do have a depth problem at outside linebacker and Gooden fills a need in that regard. He is super speedy, much like his new teammate Zach Brown, and it will be interesting to see two of the fastest outside linebackers in the NFL blitzing on designed plays by Gregg Williams.

GRADE: B

Round 4: Brian Schwenke, OC, California - I have to admit this pick is another surprise to me. Velasco was a decent start in this position last season, but most people think he is too slow and doesn't fit as a centre and would be more adept at guard. Clearly the Titans had this guy rated highly, I did to, he was my number one OC (above Frederick) and will get a chance to compete for a starting spot right away.

Round 5: Lavar Edwards, DE, LSU - I love this pick. Edwards has been hidden behind the likes of Mingo and Montgomery during his LSU career, but I actually like this kid over Montgomery and think he's a total steal. He is good against both the pass and run and will contribute in the rotation straight away.

GRADE: A

tm71095
27.04.2013, 01:33 PM
Great draft so far. Filled needs and got great value.

Titan4Life
28.04.2013, 10:42 AM
Also adding LB - Tom Wort from the undrafted free agent list last night.
Another Englishman on the roster!

xylo
28.04.2013, 12:59 PM
........ One of 10- 12 UDFA's coach expects at Camp.Start with 90 bodies , whittle down to 53. good Luck Tom .

tm71095
28.04.2013, 01:25 PM
Round 4: Brian Schwenke, OC, California - I have to admit this pick is another surprise to me. Velasco was a decent start in this position last season, but most people think he is too slow and doesn't fit as a centre and would be more adept at guard. Clearly the Titans had this guy rated highly, I did to, he was my number one OC (above Frederick) and will get a chance to compete for a starting spot right away.

Cant see Velasco starting at Guard either with LeVitre and Warmack on roster.

THE_TITAN
28.04.2013, 07:22 PM
Cant see Velasco starting at Guard either with LeVitre and Warmack on roster.

Would be good depth behind them.

xylo
29.04.2013, 06:15 PM
Apologese to Titans fans , but interested in Tom Wort - interesting parallels with tim shaw

http://www.titansonline.com/team/roster/Tim-Shaw/f083dfda-e0d1-4ee7-8089-a2413ca9f9fe

MLB , 6ft 1", 238lb - Special Team Player , born in England...................did not realise Tim Shaw was born in Exeter.

Gaztee72
04.05.2013, 07:36 AM
Apologese to Titans fans , but interested in Tom Wort - interesting parallels with tim shaw

http://www.titansonline.com/team/roster/Tim-Shaw/f083dfda-e0d1-4ee7-8089-a2413ca9f9fe

MLB , 6ft 1", 238lb - Special Team Player , born in England...................did not realise Tim Shaw was born in Exeter.

Tennessee Titans the only team in the NFL with 3 Brits! Tim Shaw, Tom Wort & Kenny :D

Good luck Tom! Hope you make the roster:)

xylo
15.05.2013, 07:01 PM
Unfortunately Tom Wort released - Hamstring :( " Additionally, the Titans waived undrafted rookie linebacker Tom Wort (failed physical ) 13th May .

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/Titans-Sign-DT-Antonio-Johnson/ffb46395-39df-4a02-9636-948dc0b8d188

&

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2013/05/14/titans-waive-sewell-wort/