PDA

View Full Version : Jake Locker

Charlie32
01.10.2013, 04:19 PM
Thought this warranted it's own thread, not just for the injury but potentially should he remain as our quarterback into the future!

Rumours doing the rounds at the moment is that his hip injury isn't serious and not season ending, but the looking at maybe 4-6 weeks out, thought there's been no official word yet.

First of all, this is a huge blow, Jake was just getting into the swing of things and was improving with every game, just for all his momentum to be taken away from him. Even if he does return in 4/5 weeks, It'll take some time more for him to return to pre injury form I'd have thought, maybe not until next season. Almost heartbreaking really as I think this does really dent our play off hopes that until now looked quite promising.

However credit does need to go to the FO for bringing in Fitzpatrick, undoubtedly the best backup in the league (As much as I respect Hasselbeck for what he did here), and probably better than several starters. It's going to take him some time to gel understandably, but a guy this experienced should be able to just keep this steady ship on its course.

What do other people think of the idea of trading for Freeman? I'm personally against it, I think he would be marginally better than Fitz, but the fact Fitz has been here all offseason and that we need a QB to step up right now makes me happier to stick with what we've got, but I'm sure our FO has considered it.

The final point I want to talk about then is the draft. The way I see it we have no glaring holes on the roster at the moment. Do we look at drafting a QB? I love Jake, don't get me wrong, but as a franchise a quality QB is all we need to complete our offense. Whilst Jake was doing a very good job and everything we needed him to, we're now posed with the situation where he comes back from injury and potentially doesn't look the same player. Obviously that's for deciding closer the time, but without having been able to properly evaluate Jake this year given he's only played 3 and a half games, and is going to be rusty once fully fit again, I think it's something we may be looking into, or indeed forced into.

Well those were my thoughts on the whole matter that I wanted to right down, feel free to add to/discuss fellow Titans!

Whitey1990
01.10.2013, 05:14 PM
Thought this warranted it's own thread, not just for the injury but potentially should he remain as our quarterback into the future!

Rumours doing the rounds at the moment is that his hip injury isn't serious and not season ending, but the looking at maybe 4-6 weeks out, thought there's been no official word yet.

First of all, this is a huge blow, Jake was just getting into the swing of things and was improving with every game, just for all his momentum to be taken away from him. Even if he does return in 4/5 weeks, It'll take some time more for him to return to pre injury form I'd have thought, maybe not until next season. Almost heartbreaking really as I think this does really dent our play off hopes that until now looked quite promising.

However credit does need to go to the FO for bringing in Fitzpatrick, undoubtedly the best backup in the league (As much as I respect Hasselbeck for what he did here), and probably better than several starters. It's going to take him some time to gel understandably, but a guy this experienced should be able to just keep this steady ship on its course.

What do other people think of the idea of trading for Freeman? I'm personally against it, I think he would be marginally better than Fitz, but the fact Fitz has been here all offseason and that we need a QB to step up right now makes me happier to stick with what we've got, but I'm sure our FO has considered it.

The final point I want to talk about then is the draft. The way I see it we have no glaring holes on the roster at the moment. Do we look at drafting a QB? I love Jake, don't get me wrong, but as a franchise a quality QB is all we need to complete our offense. Whilst Jake was doing a very good job and everything we needed him to, we're now posed with the situation where he comes back from injury and potentially doesn't look the same player. Obviously that's for deciding closer the time, but without having been able to properly evaluate Jake this year given he's only played 3 and a half games, and is going to be rusty once fully fit again, I think it's something we may be looking into, or indeed forced into.

Well those were my thoughts on the whole matter that I wanted to right down, feel free to add to/discuss fellow Titans!

I feel that Locker is our Franchise QB - the improvement he has made over the last few years has been brilliant, he is making good decisions and not giving the ball away. I would hate to put this effort to waste and start again with a rookie. All the good rookies in the draft will be away before we will have a chance to pick one.

I personally don't rate Freeman and don't think he will be able to come in to Tennessee and take control of the team. Fitz will do the job for us till Locker get back to full strength - the decision to bring Fitzpatrick in to the team was brilliant and now it will pay off.

KENDALL3T
01.10.2013, 06:39 PM
Locker only expected to miss a few weeks with a sprained hip, he should be back after the bye week. Major plus.

Charlie32
02.10.2013, 07:49 AM
Yeah great news out yesterday, definitely the best case scenario we could have hoped for really! Our bye week is coming at a good time, and would love to see him come back to help us smash the Rams!

Now we know it's not season ending I would agree that we stick by him right now. I'm just praying that he can return to his recent form once he's back on the field again, and lead us into the post season!

MattyTM
11.10.2013, 12:07 PM
Great news for the Titans who need Locker back. Fitzpatrick is good to a point but Locker has been on fire this season and the Titans will need him if they wish to push for the playoffs.

Gaztee72
15.10.2013, 05:02 PM
Well I'm finally going to get to see the titans live for the first time this season :D the game against the niners is live on tv here in Canada :p Will be a nice way to chill post revision & per exam for me!

Anyway, from what I've seen and read, the last 2 games without Jake have shown up just how valuable he has become to the team. Fitz doesn't have the same gifts with his feet allowing the defenses to concentrate on CJ which I'm assuming is the reason the ground game has ground to a halt. Not good when you're built to run the ball first.

I have to wonder how long the organisation can carry on with the offense built that way? This is the second season now that Jake has been hurt & I'm hoping this year he will return to pre injury form quickly. If this is a trend that continues, then to play this way I thin. They'll need a more mobile back up. Added to this too, is that CJ is not the player he was 4 years ago & he's not getting any younger.

I think our chances of the playoff this year look pretty slim now. If Jake hadn't been hurt I'm sure that we would have won at least one of the last 2 games. I think we'll finish above the Texans, but just miss out on the post season. Now Bud wanted a Super Bowl this season and threatened to dump the staff if he didn't get it. I fear this is exactly what will happen & it could put us back even further!

Either way I think Jake has done enough to be around for a long time. Let's hope he's back in pre-injury form after the bye & that he continues to confound his critics.

Can't wait for Sunday night:) GO TITANS!!

Charlie32
20.10.2013, 04:37 PM
Looks as though just 3 weeks after the injury Jake is going to be playing today against the 49ers. Really hope he is ready 'enough' to play, would hate for him to worsen the injury just because of the importance we're putting on this game.

But I'm definitely more excited to watch the game now, Certainly more optimistic!

Whitey1990
20.10.2013, 04:52 PM
Looks as though just 3 weeks after the injury Jake is going to be playing today against the 49ers. Really hope he is ready 'enough' to play, would hate for him to worsen the injury just because of the importance we're putting on this game.

But I'm definitely more excited to watch the game now, Certainly more optimistic!

Yeah, I can't wait to see how he performs. Its going to make it alot easier to watch compared to the past couple of weeks :)

This game is huge and we need locker to perform at his best, but I don't want to see him struggle because of his injury as it could do more harm than good

Charlie32
20.10.2013, 05:05 PM
Yeah, I can't wait to see how he performs. Its going to make it alot easier to watch compared to the past couple of weeks :)

This game is huge and we need locker to perform at his best, but I don't want to see him struggle because of his injury as it could do more harm than good

It certainly will, won't be having a heart attack every time we through the ball for one thing..

I'd imagine we won't see much of Locker running, the last thing we want is him taking hits. I accept that he is fit enough to play, but that doesn't have to mean he is close to 100% fit.
I think the bye week may be a big factor in him starting though, even if he does get a few knocks and ends up sorer for playing today, he's got 2 weeks of recovery between tomorrow and the Rams game.

Gaztee72
14.11.2013, 12:41 AM
So the big question now is will we stick with Locker in 2014? He's definitely improved this year when healthy, but the when is now the problem! I think if the season now falls apart we may see wholesale changes on the field & the sideline! I think cj2k could well find himself out of a job too irrespective of coaching changes. 2009 was a loooong time ago.
Let's hope the team out out suitable motivated against the colts. A loss would be very damaging!

Charlie32
14.11.2013, 10:37 PM
So the big question now is will we stick with Locker in 2014? He's definitely improved this year when healthy, but the when is now the problem! I think if the season now falls apart we may see wholesale changes on the field & the sideline! I think cj2k could well find himself out of a job too irrespective of coaching changes. 2009 was a loooong time ago.
Let's hope the team out out suitable motivated against the colts. A loss would be very damaging!

I think we need to draft a QB this year: Let them battle for the starting job in camp with Jake, if Jake wins then he gets one more shot to show everyone he can be a reliable 16 game a year franchise QB. If he gets injured along the way then we have our new QB ready to step up and take over, permanently. A pretty deep draft for quarterbacks, certainly far more so than last year, so plenty of choice, and we don't necessarily need to use our first on one.

As for CJ, I'm ready to cut ties with him too. Whether it's the O-line or him I don't want to say (But I'm also all for firing Matthews the O-line coach, he's the one recurring factor in our last 3 years of no run game), he's just not worth the money. I'd be happy to roll with Shonn Greene and a 2nd speed back, be it a rookie or free agent.

Our season hangs on tonights game, a loss and we're done.